Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2013 :  10:42:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Thrinaxodon

IT HAS HAPPENED; THE SMITHSONIAN IS SUPPRESSING THE TRUTH...
If that were true, you wouldn't be able to post about it.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Thrinaxodon

18 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2013 :  12:43:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Thrinaxodon's Homepage Send Thrinaxodon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

IT HAS HAPPENED; THE SMITHSONIAN IS SUPPRESSING THE TRUTH...
If that were true, you wouldn't be able to post about it.

YOU FAT FAGGOT...THEY'VE BARRED MY ACCESS TO PUBLICATION; THEY'VE TOLD THEY WILL KILL ANYONE THAT GETS IN THEIR WAY OF BUSINESS. WOW.

THRINAXODON IS EVERYBODY'S FRIEND.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2013 :  12:49:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

YOU FAT FAGGOT...
Warning Official Warning Warning

First warning.

THEY'VE BARRED MY ACCESS TO PUBLICATION;
Obviously not true.
THEY'VE TOLD THEY WILL KILL ANYONE THAT GETS IN THEIR WAY OF BUSINESS.
Then why are you still alive?

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2013 :  10:56:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Shouldn't that be Second Warning (there was another in the other thread)? Or are warnings on a per thread basis?

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2013 :  11:08:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by pleco

Shouldn't that be Second Warning (there was another in the other thread)? Or are warnings on a per thread basis?
It's chronological. The above was his first warning. The one in the other thread was his second.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2013 :  11:09:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Originally posted by pleco

It's chronological. The above was his first warning. The one in the other thread was his second.

Oh, sorry! Not sure how I missed that.

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2013 :  11:14:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And just to be clear, it's the slurs that are getting Thrinaxodon warnings. I wouldn't care if he'd used words like "asshat," but the shit he's flinging does splash damage which is totally unacceptable.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Thrinaxodon

18 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2013 :  18:12:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Thrinaxodon's Homepage Send Thrinaxodon a Private Message  Reply with Quote

And just to be clear, it's the slurs that are getting Thrinaxodon warnings. I wouldn't care if he'd used words like "asshat," but the shit he's flinging does splash damage which is totally unacceptable.

IT IS YOU THAT IS WEARING THE DUNCE HAT, DAVE. YOU SHOULD KNOW BY KNOW, THAT PEOPLE LIKE YOU SUPPRESS THE TRUTH.

I declare a debate...

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2013 :  19:38:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

YOU SHOULD KNOW BY KNOW, THAT PEOPLE LIKE YOU SUPPRESS THE TRUTH.
How is it even possible for me to "suppress the truth?" Can I get your blog shut down? Can I disable Google Groups? Can I prevent you in any way from grabbing a soapbox and hiking to your nearest street corner?

No, no and no. Hell, your posts and links here are still public. I must be horrifically bad at suppression if I allow your writings to be read by anyone who happens by.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2013 :  19:44:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hell, I declare a debate. The proposition: if a stranger enters your home and begins to scream bigoted slurs at you while rambling about something, kicking him out suppresses the Truth™.

I will be arguing in the negative. Thrinaxodon will argue the positive, obviously.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Thrinaxodon

18 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2013 :  20:30:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Thrinaxodon's Homepage Send Thrinaxodon a Private Message  Reply with Quote

YOU SHOULD KNOW BY KNOW, THAT PEOPLE LIKE YOU SUPPRESS THE TRUTH.
How is it even possible for me to "suppress the truth?" Can I get your blog shut down? Can I disable Google Groups? Can I prevent you in any way from grabbing a soapbox and hiking to your nearest street corner?

You can get Google to shut down my organization, which operates on USENET.

No, no and no. Hell, your posts and links here are still public. I must be horrifically bad at suppression if I allow your writings to be read by anyone who happens by.

You people suppress me by disallowing publication; burning my writings, and threatening to kill my family if the truth spills out.

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2013 :  21:12:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

When did Google gain control of Usenet?!
You people suppress me by disallowing publication; burning my writings, and threatening to kill my family if the truth spills out.
Neither I nor nobody like me has done any such thing to you. People like me just dissect your writings and laugh at them. Can't do that if your work has been disallowed or burned, now can we?

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Thrinaxodon

18 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2013 :  01:06:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Thrinaxodon's Homepage Send Thrinaxodon a Private Message  Reply with Quote

When did Google gain control of Usenet?!
Neither I nor nobody like me has done any such thing to you. People like me just dissect your writings and laugh at them. Can't do that if your work has been disallowed or burned, now can we?

GOOGLE IS A USENET ARCHIVE...

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2013 :  03:28:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

GOOGLE IS A USENET ARCHIVE...
Yes, which means the worst thing Google could do to Usenet is to stop storing copies of the more than 11 terabytes of postings every day, which would do exactly nothing to your ability to operate your organization on Usenet.

And of course, if you wanted to further ensure your continued ability to operate, you could easily build your own NNTP server and thus have direct access.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds.