Is GMO Food Safe?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2013 :  02:20:37  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote

In this case, I used a pro-GMO graphic as a starting point rather than simply mocking something the psychotic wing of the Greens created. Here's the original, which is worth looking at:

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.

Edited by - HalfMooner on 09/03/2013 02:24:58

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2013 :  05:17:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
:-)

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2013 :  05:21:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by pleco

:-)
Thanks, pleco! Glad to make you grin.

Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2013 :  05:22:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I especially like "The Neatherthal Way"...makes me think of a few Paleo dieters I happen know.

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2013 :  05:50:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I especially like "The Neatherthal Way"...makes me think of a few Paleo dieters I happen know.
"Paleo dieters"? Is that even a thing? If so, please explain.

Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2013 :  08:32:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great! I might have found a place for something analogous to greenpeace, but I love that you did this!

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

tw101356
Skeptic Friend

USA
333 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2013 :  08:48:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send tw101356 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by HalfMooner

Caveman diet. Eat like a Neanderthal. Grass-fed meat, seafood, eggs, fresh fruit and veggies, "healthful" oils (olive, walnut, basically fresh pressed oils). Don't eat grains, legumes, potatoes, dairy, refined sugat, processed oils.

So a nice steak topped with mushrooms sauteed in olive oil and a salad is fine. No baked potato, though.

- TW
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2013 :  10:12:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

Great! I might have found a place for something analogous to greenpeace, but I love that you did this!
Well, thanks, Kil!

Actually, I think Greenpeace's unspoken agenda (and that of some other groups like PETA) is reflected in the part on "Humanicide Now!"

Though these and other extreme groups (usually) don't explicitly express a desire to knock off the human race, that's probably because they wouldn't dare enrage people by openly highlighting anti-human hopes and/or goals. I may be in error, but I think such hopes and/or goals among their leaderships and many members is the only assumption that can account for their often bizarre actions.

Edited by - HalfMooner on 09/03/2013 10:15:42
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2013 :  12:13:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Originally posted by Kil

Well, thanks, Kil!

Actually, I think Greenpeace's unspoken agenda (and that of some other groups like PETA) is reflected in the part on "Humanicide Now!"

Though these and other extreme groups (usually) don't explicitly express a desire to knock off the human race, that's probably because they wouldn't dare enrage people by openly highlighting anti-human hopes and/or goals. I may be in error, but I think such hopes and/or goals among their leaderships and many members is the only assumption that can account for their often bizarre actions.
I think there might be some truth to that, at least among the most hardcore. What's funny is that whatever we do, and I'm not proposing that just anything is okay, the earth will survive. It doesn't give a crap about us. And as long as the sun shines and there is water, there are habitable places, life will continue.

We do need to think about our environment. We need to consider the consequences of climate change and other things we have been at least in part, responsible for. Biodiversity is precious. But in the long run, the earth just doesn't give a crap.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2013 :  14:01:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by tw101356

Caveman diet. Eat like a Neanderthal. Grass-fed meat, seafood, eggs, fresh fruit and veggies, "healthful" oils (olive, walnut, basically fresh pressed oils). Don't eat grains, legumes, potatoes, dairy, refined sugat, processed oils.

So a nice steak topped with mushrooms sauteed in olive oil and a salad is fine. No baked potato, though.

Ah, not too bad. But rather silly.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds.