Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Forums | Active Topics | Active Polls | Register | FAQ | Contact Us  
  Connect: Chat | SFN Messenger | Buddy List | Members
Personalize: Profile | My Page | Forum Bookmarks  
 All Forums
 Our Skeptic Forums
 Religion
 Pat Robertson finally busted? We can but hope.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2013 :  21:38:53  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It kind of looks like it:

But on Robertson's US television station, the Christian Broadcasting Network, that reality was reversed, as he raised millions of dollars from loyal followers by claiming Operation Blessing was at the forefront of the international response to the biggest refugee crisis of the decade. It's a claim he continues to make, even though an official investigation into Robertson's operation in Virginia accused him of "fraudulent and deceptive" claims when he was running an almost non-existent aid operation.

I'd kind of take this with a grain of salt, knowing the source, but it looks as if others are exposing that fucker as well. And at the Toronto Film Festival, no less.

With Mission Congo, filmmakers David Turner and Lara Zizic conduct a deep investigation based on years of research into what Operation Blessing actually accomplished. They interview aid workers, eyewitnesses and even the pilots of Robertson's airplanes who describe a different mission: diamonds. With the help of a brutal dictator and ex- Navy SEALS, Robertson was diverting his planes away from refugee camps to a different part of the Congo to extract precious gems. If the devil is in the details, here the details are jaw-dropping as we confront the disconnect between what Robertson promised and what others experienced.

>From: enuffenuff@fastmail.fm
(excerpt follows):
> I'm looking to teach these two bastards a lesson they'll never forget.
> Personal visit by mates of mine. No violence, just a wee little chat.
>
> **** has also committed more crimes than you can count with his
> incitement of hatred against a religion. That law came in about 2007
> much to ****'s ignorance. That is fact and his writing will become well
> know as well as him becoming a publicly known icon of hatred.
>
> Good luck with that fuckwit. And Reynold, fucking run, and don't stop.
> Disappear would be best as it was you who dared to attack me on my
> illness knowing nothing of the cause. You disgust me and you are top of
> the list boy. Again, no violence. Just regular reminders of who's there
> and visits to see you are behaving. Nothing scary in reality. But I'd
> still disappear if I was you.

What brought that on? this. Original posting here.

Another example of this guy's lunacy here.

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2013 :  22:32:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Huh. Well maybe. Could be.

My confession is that I am pretty much entertained by Pat Robertson for being the whack job that he is. Almost every week he says something so outrageous, that I have a "Pat Robertson Moment" on my facebook timeline. But then, he is a televangelist after all. And it seems that there aren't many of them that haven't been on the take.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2013 :  23:39:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah! I read about that. What so hard to believe?
Originally posted by Kil

My confession is that I am pretty much entertained by Pat Robertson for being the whack job that he is.

I can understand that. I'm pretty much entertained by the fools that believe his preaching or any others'.
And it seems that there aren't many of them that haven't been on the take.

Which one's? They got private jets for God sakes.

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2013 :  06:09:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by sailingsoul

Which one's? They got private jets for God sakes.
For the record, Billy Graham doesn't have a private jet.
Billy Graham lives on a mountain or at least used to.
link

To get there you drive through the tiny vacation preserve of Montreat, N.C., and up a winding road to a pair of brown metal gates. The Graham aide who is driving pushes a button under the dashboard and the gates swing open. Inside, a sign warns the visitor about the "vicious dogs" let loose at night, and as you proceed up past a row of dogwoods toward the final curve, there's a misspelled sign that you hope is meant to be funny: "Trespassers will be eaten."

The 50-year-old evangelist spends about a third of his time on the mountain in a 10-room house that he and his wife Ruth had built out of old logs and timber. It's a cozy place, filled with things like hutch tables and antique silver soup tureens. Above a large friendly fireplace in the living room are the German words for "A Mighty Fortress Is Our God," carved on what used to be a diving board. Out on the lawn are the rocking chairs that Lyndon Johnson had sent up from the ranch in Texas; they face out over the soft rolling hills toward Charlotte.

The problems of the world seem remote on Billy Graham's mountain -- war and racial strife and immorality and, most of all, the final Judgment Day. These are the things that Graham feels called by God to warn mankind about, however, so this Friday he will come down from his mountain for a 10-day crusade in Madison Square Garden.
He's only got a chauffeur with his gated estate. Got to raise that dough chauffeurs' need to get paid too. Spreading God's message and raising that cash while your at it.

"A Mighty Fortress Is Our God," I rest my case.

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2013 :  15:14:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
TV preachers, their Jets and more. It's enough to make an honest person throw up!

Edited: In all fairness women preachers should not be left out.

As the first video says "Decide for yourself".

Edited by - sailingsoul on 09/13/2013 20:07:03
Go to Top of Page

Convinced
Skeptic Friend

USA
384 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2013 :  08:13:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Convinced a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

But then, he is a televangelist after all. And it seems that there aren't many of them that haven't been on the take.
Amen brother!

Near my home is the Wisdom Center created by Mike Murdock. Whenever I see him on tv saying "you can't buy a miracle, that's absurd, but sent me $1000 seed money and god will give you a miracle", I call them and preach the gospel to them. Almost every time I am told something derogatory or just disconnected. Funny how these Christians don't like Christ very much.

Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise, making the most of your time, because the days are evil. So then do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is. (Eph 5:15-17)
Go to Top of Page

Convinced
Skeptic Friend

USA
384 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2013 :  08:24:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Convinced a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by sailingsoul

TV preachers, their Jets and more. It's enough to make an honest person throw up!

Edited: In all fairness women preachers should not be left out.

As the first video says "Decide for yourself".
Makes me sick. Although they can do this because American Christianity is mostly non biblical. And as a Christian, if you stand up to these people like the bible says we need to you will most likely be called a legalist, fundamentalist, hater, divider etc. by other Christians following these false teachers.

Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise, making the most of your time, because the days are evil. So then do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is. (Eph 5:15-17)
Go to Top of Page

Boron10
Religion Moderator

USA
1266 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2013 :  10:15:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Boron10 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Convinced

Originally posted by Kil

But then, he is a televangelist after all. And it seems that there aren't many of them that haven't been on the take.
Amen brother!

Near my home is the Wisdom Center created by Mike Murdock. Whenever I see him on tv saying "you can't buy a miracle, that's absurd, but sent me $1000 seed money and god will give you a miracle", I call them and preach the gospel to them. Almost every time I am told something derogatory or just disconnected. Funny how these Christians don't like Christ very much.
That's brilliant! Preach the gospel back to the preachers!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds.