New silly challenge
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2013 :  10:39:30  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Creationist offers $10K to prove Bible wrong

The Literal Genesis Trial Contest is detailed at the Creation Science Hall of Fame "Honoring those who honored God's Word as literally written in Genesis" where the challenge is addressed, in good competitive spirit, to theistic evolutionists, allegoricallists, and "all you 'Long Agers.'"

According to contest rules, a mini-trial will be held in a courthouse where the contestant and Mastropaolo are to each put $10,000 in escrow. A superior court justice will decide which party prevails and is awarded the $20,000. (The Creation Science Hall of Fame is hosting the challenge but says it is not a party to the judge or any other entity involved.)

If you plan on arriving with a high schooler's grasp of evolution and a copy of Darwin's "On the Origin of Species," well, may God be with you. Mastropaolo is a highly educated, highly accomplished scientist. He's a recognized expert in kinesiology (the scientific study of body movement, aka human kinetics) and a recipient of Vice Presidential Awards for his studies on life in space.

And he believes that evolution cannot be proved.

Note that the judge does not have to know any science. As Mooner says on facebook, "The fix is in."

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2013 :  15:43:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Met that guy, and I talked about him too.

>From: enuffenuff@fastmail.fm
(excerpt follows):
> I'm looking to teach these two bastards a lesson they'll never forget.
> Personal visit by mates of mine. No violence, just a wee little chat.
>
> **** has also committed more crimes than you can count with his
> incitement of hatred against a religion. That law came in about 2007
> much to ****'s ignorance. That is fact and his writing will become well
> know as well as him becoming a publicly known icon of hatred.
>
> Good luck with that fuckwit. And Reynold, fucking run, and don't stop.
> Disappear would be best as it was you who dared to attack me on my
> illness knowing nothing of the cause. You disgust me and you are top of
> the list boy. Again, no violence. Just regular reminders of who's there
> and visits to see you are behaving. Nothing scary in reality. But I'd
> still disappear if I was you.

What brought that on? this. Original posting here.

Another example of this guy's lunacy here.
Go to Top of Page

Machi4velli
SFN Regular

USA
854 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2013 :  17:18:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Machi4velli a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You can't have a judge who knows any science, that'd just be someone already brainwashed with this evolution nonsense!

"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people."
-Giordano Bruno

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, but the illusion of knowledge."
-Stephen Hawking

"Seeking what is true is not seeking what is desirable"
-Albert Camus
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2013 :  07:20:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's certainly not "The Challenge, by the JREF", an offer exceeding $1.1 million today to anyone who can demonstrate some supernatural or paranormal ability. First conceived and offered by James Randi in 1964, which started out as $1,000. Which will be coming up to it's 50th anniversary next year. They really should do something special for this milestone.
Link.
Where did Randi get this great idea for a Challenge?

During a live radio panel discussion, James Randi was challenged by a parapsychologist to "put [his] money where [his] mouth is", and Randi responded by offering to pay $1,000 to anyone who could demonstrate paranormal powers in a controlled test.

It's certainly not anything close, do to the simple money grubbing requirement that the challenger must put up $10,000 to take the challenge. The JREF's challenge has never held any money requirement, ever! Only a fool capable of throwing away their money would be stupid enough to take this suckers bait.

Mastropaolo's bio indicates he has already scientifically proved that Adam and Eve were genetically perfect, that "ape-men are frauds" and that the Earth is 6,800 years old, give or take eight and a half centuries.

I contend they couldn't have be proven they were "genetically perfect", if they haven't in fact been scientifically proven first to have ever existed. People who never existed have no genetics.
Talking to people that hold these scientifically laughable lies is a waste of time.

Edited to fix formatting. //Dr. Mabuse

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Edited by - Dr. Mabuse on 09/28/2013 07:54:48
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds.