Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 25

On fire for Christ
SFN Regular

Norway
1273 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2017 :  18:45:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send On fire for Christ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's entirely possible that Hilary concocted this plan to ensure that Trump would become president, assuming she is demonically possessed (something she has yet to deny). Her scheming allowed Trump to become the leader of the world, making her the midwife to the antichrist. I'm just not totally sure yet if Putin or Trump is the antichrist.

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2017 :  21:17:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's entirely possible that On fire for Christ stuffs live octopi in his pants for sexual gratification (something he has yet to deny).

Damn, that's easy.

It's entirely possible that On fire for Christ gets drunk and trolls SFN because he's lonely and pathetic (something he has yet to deny).

It's entirely possible that On fire for Christ pretends to be a Christian only because it makes him feel superior to other people (something he has yet to deny).

It's entirely possible that On fire for Christ voted for Hillary Clinton (something he has yet to deny).

It's entirely possible that On fire for Christ is a founding member of NAMBLA (something he has yet to deny).

Okay, it gets a little boring after a minute or two.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

On fire for Christ
SFN Regular

Norway
1273 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2017 :  01:44:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send On fire for Christ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I deny all of those things. That was easy. Makes you wonder why Hillary won't spare a few seconds to deny she's possessed.

Edited by - On fire for Christ on 01/20/2017 01:46:09
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2017 :  05:22:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
But, you haven't denied any of the things I've written about you at other websites. Makes me wonder why you won't spare a few seconds to deny them, too.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2017 :  05:25:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A nice summary:
1) Our domestic security forces were investigating both Clinton and Trump

2) Clinton was being investigated for maybe improperly storing work emails on a private server, which is a trivial offense. Not only was it trivial, but by the summer the FBI and DOJ had publicly concluded that charges could not be brought, meaning the investigation was for all intents and purposes closed.

3) Trump was being investigated for being in cahoots with a foreign dictatorship which was hacking Clinton’s campaign, and this investigation is still ongoing even as he is sworn in to office.

4) The FBI at no point mentioned to anyone they were investigating Trump, and even went out of their way to leak to the media that Trump was not being investigated.

5) The Director of the FBI chose to inform the American people by letter to Congress (i.e. the opposite of a leak), in late October (the platonic ideal of an October surprise, so you know it was intentional) that they had found troubling new evidence in the investigation of Clinton which required the investigation to resume.

6) This letter was a violation of (a) longstanding FBI policy; (b) longstanding DOJ rules designed specifically for the purpose of preventing the FBI from interfering in elections and (c) the Hatch Act.

7) The FBI at the time had no way of knowing that the emails were relevant, and indeed, from all indications, must have known they were probably irrelevant.

8) The emails were quickly and easily determined to be irrelevant.

9) The FBI was in communication with members of the Trump campaign about the Clinton emails and had given Giuliani a heads up that they were going to leak the story

10) The FBI knew Clinton was being hacked by Russia, and were also investigating Trump on suspicion of being involved but did virtually nothing to warn Clinton – essentially left a voicemail.

Conservatives were making fun of John Lewis because it turned out he boycotted Bush’s first inaugural too. But the joke is on Republicans, who literally cannot win presidential elections in a legitimate fashion. This is the second straight Republican president who was awarded the presidency by an organ of the state, and not by voters.
Bush's chief ethics lawyer, last night on NPR, said that if Comey's letter wasn't a violation of the Hatch Act, then there's no point in even having a Hatch Act.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

On fire for Christ
SFN Regular

Norway
1273 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2017 :  05:34:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send On fire for Christ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

But, you haven't denied any of the things I've written about you at other websites. Makes me wonder why you won't spare a few seconds to deny them, too.

Stop trolling, Dave. It doesn't become you.

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2017 :  05:46:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by On fire for Christ

Stop trolling, Dave. It doesn't become you.
But it does you?

Go figure.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2017 :  05:51:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In good news, it appears that Rick Perry can learn stuff. At least, in the last four years, he's learned what the Department of Energy really does. And he's changed his mind regarding climate science.

Sadly, it seems that Trumps pick for Secretary of Education doesn't know what her job will entail. Nor does Trump's pick for Secretary of State understand foreign policy. Both of these people, on basic questioning, basically said, "I'll have to get back to you on that," yet still seem to believe that they were qualified for these positions. Ignorance may be bliss, but who told them that these cabinet seats were supposed to be blissful?

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Christian Hedonist
Skeptic Friend

99 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2017 :  10:22:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Christian Hedonist a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Neither of those describes God's Divine Plan, but instead just what he wants humans to do. Job descriptions, not a mission statement. The janitors where I work don't need to know our mission statement in order to do their jobs well.
1 Tim says he wants all to be saved, that is Gods mission. He tells us how to do that in other parts of the bible. What is it you are asking? The plan for everyone’s life is to become a child of god and tell others how to become one as well. That is our purpose. Other purposes we are free to decide for ourselves.

In the end the point is that a large amount of spontaneous abortion happen and god allows it.
God not only allowed it, he designed the system from scratch.
I would say abortions would not happen before sin entered the world.

I disagree. A zygote left on its own is one that has become separated from its life-support system, the womb of a living human. Such zygotes will die. Zygotes require the proper environment to thrive.
Good point. However, no different that someone that cannot live without life support. They are human.
You think the government should step in an protect children from "harm." I was trying to figure out how far that goes for you. Does, for example, depriving a child of the religion you know count as "harm"?
No, I would not force government to enforce religion on anyone. God calls people to him we don’t need government to do that.

Sure! An omnipotent being can prevent any sickness, evil or inconvenience he wants to, and so must condone whatever is left. Perhaps he doesn't cackle with glee when I get a headcold, but that's a very small sympathy compared to never getting sick at all.
Well ultimately he can stop your headcold so he is responsible on some level.

How do you prevent the middle-class from using vouchers to send their kids to private schools, thus decimating the public school system?
Good point. Maybe have vouchers for non performing schools? Something to work out.

That's why (as I understand it), Nevada gets no Federal highway funds. One of the strings was "no prostitution." Nevada seems to be doing okay without that money.
Maybe, but to me it is excessive governmental power.

No, you're reading "child" and/or "baby" where the verse merely says, "that which is conceived in her."
What else could it be?

Now, since the angel probably got this news from God, who had just impregnated Mary with himself through his other self, and God is allegedly omniscient, we can probably safely conclude that if the angel gives "that which is conceived in her" a name to use later, then Mary will carry the pregnancy to term and deliver a live infant. So that is one generous example of parents knowing exactly what's going to happen in the future, and for that specific zygote, calling it a "child" or a "baby" isn't too inaccurate. But to generalize from that singular instance to every conception? That stretches logic past the breaking point.
This makes little sense to me. The zygote will become a child if it makes it, not anything else.

There's no need or utility in calling it a baby nine months too early. There's a reason why God told Moses not to bother counting anyone less than a month old as a "person."
Numbers 3:40 never says anything about what is a person or not. He simply says count firstborn a month old and older. Do the second born sons not count as a person because they were not counted?
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2017 :  11:25:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Christian Hedonist

1 Tim says he wants all to be saved, that is Gods mission. He tells us how to do that in other parts of the bible. What is it you are asking? The plan for everyone’s life is to become a child of god and tell others how to become one as well.
I'm asking about God's plan. Saving humanity cannot be the whole of it, but only a single step. There must be a "why" somewhere.

That is our purpose.
That's quite sad.

Other purposes we are free to decide for ourselves.
Just like atheism!

I would say abortions would not happen before sin entered the world.
Um, human pregnancy didn't happen before sin entered the world, if one takes Genesis at face value.

However, no different that someone that cannot live without life support. They are human.
Not if, say, they are missing their brain. Living humans do things. They behave in particular ways. If you ignore behavior, and focus solely on physical biology, humans aren't qualitatively differentiatable from pond scum.

Good point. Maybe have vouchers for non performing schools?
That would give people the choice between public school or crappy private school? May as well not have vouchers.

No, you're reading "child" and/or "baby" where the verse merely says, "that which is conceived in her."
What else could it be?
A zygote.

This makes little sense to me. The zygote will become a child if it makes it, not anything else.
You just gave the game away by agreeing that zygotes become children, which means that zygotes are not children.

Numbers 3:40 never says anything about what is a person or not. He simply says count firstborn a month old and older. Do the second born sons not count as a person because they were not counted?
In Numbers 3:14-15, God instructs Moses to count the Levites by counting all the males a month old or older. Newborns and women don't count, because Numbers 3 is all about a body swap. God is instructing Moses to swap the firstborn Israelite sons with all of the Levites. Moses even had to fork over 35 pounds of silver because there were more firstborn Israelite sons than all the Levite males more than a month old. Women and newborns didn't count. Compared to a firstborn Israelite male, women and newborn Levites had no value whatsoever. Thus saith the LORD.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

ThorGoLucky
Snuggle Wolf

USA
1486 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2017 :  12:43:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit ThorGoLucky's Homepage Send ThorGoLucky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
God commands nothing. God says nothing. People who hear God are hearing themselves and stuffing their words into God's mouth. It sure feels true, doesn't it. Muslims feel the truth. Hindus feel the truth. Christians feel the truth. It's so easy to feel truth, which is why it's such a lousy way of getting to actual truth.
Go to Top of Page

Christian Hedonist
Skeptic Friend

99 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2017 :  15:14:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Christian Hedonist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by ThorGoLucky

God commands nothing. God says nothing. People who hear God are hearing themselves and stuffing their words into God's mouth. It sure feels true, doesn't it. Muslims feel the truth. Hindus feel the truth. Christians feel the truth. It's so easy to feel truth, which is why it's such a lousy way of getting to actual truth.

I agree. I have never heard from god outside of the bible. I think most Christians haven't as well. If someone has a "download" from god that differs form the bible then I reject it. If it agrees with the bible then why do we need a "download" from god?
Go to Top of Page

Christian Hedonist
Skeptic Friend

99 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2017 :  15:34:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Christian Hedonist a Private Message  Reply with Quote

1 Tim says he wants all to be saved, that is Gods mission. He tells us how to do that in other parts of the bible. What is it you are asking? The plan for everyone’s life is to become a child of god and tell others how to become one as well.
I'm asking about God's plan. Saving humanity cannot be the whole of it, but only a single step. There must be a "why" somewhere.
I am sure there is. I cannot know all the why's, only the ones revealed in the bible.

Um, human pregnancy didn't happen before sin entered the world, if one takes Genesis at face value.
It didn't but it nowhere says Eve could not have become pregnant. Gen. 1:28 god tells them to multiply, this is before they sinned.

Not if, say, they are missing their brain. Living humans do things. They behave in particular ways. If you ignore behavior, and focus solely on physical biology, humans aren't qualitatively differentiatable from pond scum.
humans are quite a bit different than pond scum. So if a person is brain dead then they are not human anymore?

That would give people the choice between public school or crappy private school? May as well not have vouchers.
why would the private schools be crappy?

[

You just gave the game away by agreeing that zygotes become children, which means that zygotes are not children.
Well from your perspective they are not children but a certain amount do become children, right? This was my point.

]In Numbers 3:14-15, God instructs Moses to count the Levites by counting all the males a month old or older. Newborns and women don't count, because Numbers 3 is all about a body swap. God is instructing Moses to swap the firstborn Israelite sons with all of the Levites. Moses even had to fork over 35 pounds of silver because there were more firstborn Israelite sons than all the Levite males more than a month old. Women and newborns didn't count. Compared to a firstborn Israelite male, women and newborn Levites had no value whatsoever. Thus saith the LORD.
Right, but how does this mean others are not human?
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2017 :  22:01:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I cannot know all the why's, only the ones revealed in the bible.

It didn't but it nowhere says Eve could not have become pregnant. Gen. 1:28 god tells them to multiply, this is before they sinned.
Nowhere does it say that Eve couldn't have miscarried. You're assuming something that is not revealed in the Bible, right after refusing to answer the Big Question because it's not revealed in the Bible.

humans are quite a bit different than pond scum.
How? From a purely physical, biological viewpoint, humans and pond scum are both self-replicating machines built from water and a few other chemicals.

So if a person is brain dead then they are not human anymore?
Do they act human? Nope.

why would the private schools be crappy?
You suggested vouchers only for low-performing schools. Crappy schools.

Well from your perspective they are not children but a certain amount do become children, right? This was my point.
If that's your point, then you must agree that we need to treat all children as if they are homicidal maniacs, since they are not, but a certain amount do become such.

Right, but how does this mean others are not human?
They have no value, according to God. Neither value in trade for firstborn sons nor value in silver. How much more dehumanizing does God need to be?

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2017 :  08:19:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
To nobody's surprise, the lying liar lied:
Trump and his associates “are not doing what they said they would do,” said Richard Painter, the chief ethics lawyer for President George W. Bush. “And even that was completely inadequate.”
Note also that his first Executive Order was to make the ACA "less burdensome" to Federal agencies, states and corporations, which of course will make things more burdensome to ordinary people who wouldn't otherwise have health insurance.

And he's now in violation of the Americans with Disabilities Act, for removing language and accessibility options from the White House website.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 25 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.72 seconds.