Pips-Scam.com - For Pips Skeptics
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

just21

1 Post

Posted - 11/19/2004 :  12:59:43  Show Profile Send just21 a Private Message
http://www.pips-scam.com

Came across this site the other day. Brings up tons of great points as to why pips is a scam.

Comments?

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2004 :  13:17:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by just21

http://www.pips-scam.com

Came across this site the other day. Brings up tons of great points as to why pips is a scam.

Comments?

Just21, welcome to the board.

I think these same points were raised in this discussion. Plus others that weren't.

http://www.skepticfriends.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3209

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

awaheed

1 Post

Posted - 11/28/2004 :  12:11:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send awaheed a Private Message
Forget about PIPS. Please explore below pages

Realitymillions pays 25% compounded each month

http://www.realitymillions.com/index.php?ref=topinvestor

or try
below program to earn upto 5% perday. Program is around for 1 year

http://www.syncinvest.com/?referer=awaheed
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2004 :  13:39:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
Indeed, awaheed... Why scam people out of money slowly when it can be done quickly?

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

ktesibios
SFN Regular

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2004 :  14:32:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send ktesibios a Private Message
I'm not much inclined to spare too many brain cells to analyze the content of get-rich-quick Web sites, particularly if, like Reality Millions, they have the ambiance of an inexpensive late-night UHF TV commercial.

Even so, as near as I can make out, Reality Millions' Midas Money Maker seems to be a get-rich-quick by selling get-rich-quick schemes get-rich-quick scheme (how's that for a puddled sentence?).

And if that's not enough fun, there's the Midas Private Fund:

quote:

The Midas Private Fund is based on my personal investment portfolio...

You probably know that most successful people have their money working for them, gaining high interest and great returns - I am no different. I have an investment portfolio that covers low, medium and high risk ventures. In 99% of cases, the average person does not have enough "liquid cash" to invest that can earn the high interest rates the millionaires enjoy... remember the old saying: "It takes Money to make Money"? Exactly!

I will assist you by allowing your funds to "piggy-back" on mine... returns earned in the Midas Private Fund is totally out of reach for the average guy!

Neat-o. You can send the perpetrator *ahem* proprietor your money, and he'll put it with his money in his piggy bank, where they'll both just grow and grow and grow, and then he'll send it back and it'll be all grown up and so much bigger- and it'll probably have a lovely tan from being in sunny Malaysia, where the magic Web site's IP is located on an anonymous hosting service.

And as for Syncinvest:

quote:

We at SYNCInvest are engaged in wide array of financial activities with the main focus on high-yield corporate and bank promissory notes. These are relatively little known financial instruments, available to very few financial institutions and individuals. Corporate and bank promissory notes are rather low-risk ventures as compared to other high-yield investment opportunities since transactions involving these promissory notes are backed up by major banks.

And from their FAQ:

quote:

Q. How do you make profit?
A. We make profit by dealing in high-yield corporate and bank promissory notes.

Ah. Returns of 2% per day from mysterious ledgerdemain involving an obscure medium of exchange. That sounds familiar, somehow. Reminds me of postal reply coupons and some Italian guy... Fonzie? nahhh oh yeah- Ponzi! That guy!

The SEC has something to say about promissory notes and scams connected with them, although this might be a more Ponzi-like variation.

Also from their FAQ:
quote:

Q. Where are you located?
A. We are located in the Dominican Republic. For security reasons we have to refrain from revealing our full address and personal details to the general public.

Oh, well that's all right then. Funny how the address given in the domain name registration is in the Dominican Republic, but the registration was made via a Russian telecom company and the nameservers for the site appear to be in Indonesia.

What can I say but

Awaheed, thank you so much for bringing a bit of hilarity into my day. Those sites are absolutely priceless!

Umm, you were being funny, right?

Guys, I have a feeling that this thread is going to draw every Internet get-rich-quick shill who goes Googling around for mentions of other scams to find places to infest. Now that we have three such scams named in this thread, we might see more and more of them.

Ohboyohboyohboy.

This should be fun. I can hardly wait.

"The Republican agenda is to turn the United States into a third-world shithole." -P.Z.Myers
Edited by - ktesibios on 11/28/2004 14:35:23
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds.