New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2005 :  11:40:35  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message
I was thinking about coming up with some nice pro-skeptic offensive haikus, anyone wanna help? Feel free to make some new T-shirts for the SFN store.

Repressed Memory?
Likely an aggressive shrink...
Remember my fist?

The power of prayer
plecebo fools, tainted tests
Blind but not doubled

Angels 101
Revisionist history
Catholic babble

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2005 :  13:05:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Dinosaur fossils
Thoughts
Preachings, oratations
Hovind's tit in the mangle.

Howzzat?

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2005 :  13:22:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message
Beautiful prose...

God needs your money,
The coming apocolypse
will be a bit pricy

Veiled theology
Irreducible my ass
Next stop Iowa
(I really like this one)

Babylonians,
Those strigiform worshipping
masonic devils

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Go to Top of Page

astropin
SFN Regular

USA
970 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2005 :  14:11:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send astropin a Private Message
Bush in one more time
Irrationality wins
Logic down the drain

I would rather face a cold reality than delude myself with comforting fantasies.

You are free to believe what you want to believe and I am free to ridicule you for it.

Atheism:
The result of an unbiased and rational search for the truth.

Infinitus est numerus stultorum
Edited by - astropin on 02/09/2005 14:13:53
Go to Top of Page

astropin
SFN Regular

USA
970 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2005 :  14:21:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send astropin a Private Message
Fools misunderstand
Your ancestors were ape like
Supernatural?

I would rather face a cold reality than delude myself with comforting fantasies.

You are free to believe what you want to believe and I am free to ridicule you for it.

Atheism:

Go to Top of Page

astropin
SFN Regular

USA
970 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2005 :  14:27:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send astropin a Private Message
You claim to read minds
Can you tell what I'm thinking?
Blow it out your ass

Atheism:

Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2005 :  14:31:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message
I've forgotten-- hiakus are 5-7-5 with no rhyme? That's what it seems but I want to be sure before directing my creative juices towards brilliance...
Go to Top of Page

astropin
SFN Regular

USA
970 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2005 :  14:39:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send astropin a Private Message
Benny Hinn sells lies
I shoot first then ask questions
Is that John Edwards?

Atheism:

Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2005 :  15:16:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Cuneiformist

I've forgotten-- hiakus are 5-7-5 with no rhyme? That's what it seems but I want to be sure before directing my creative juices towards brilliance...
Yes, 5-7-5. I'm not sure there is a rule against rhyming, just that you don't have to. It might even be more impressive if you're able to.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2005 :  16:27:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
Is there enough time
To think of all the ways that
This haiku might rhyme

And speaking of rhyme
While the rhythm may be fine
Aim for the sublime

Here at SFN
Expect the unexpected
Logics the lesson

Verlch I won't mention
Even with all my rhyming
Filthy might step in

Another lesson
At times I've been serious
Now I'm just messin'

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2005 :  17:43:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message
Who would have thunk it?
Kil wrote rhyming Haikus, but
not in Nantuckette.

The key is short words
and use lots of contractions.
Big words make poems turds.

Haha, ok so mine suck.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2005 :  18:37:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by H. Humbert

quote:
Originally posted by Cuneiformist

Yes, 5-7-5. I'm not sure there is a rule against rhyming, just that you don't have to. It might even be more impressive if you're able to.

5-7-5: it sounds like some kind of fertilizer...

I'd always thought it was just 17 sylables, do the best you can.

Well, lemmee think...... Ouch!

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 02/09/2005 18:38:10
Go to Top of Page

R.Wreck
SFN Regular

USA
1191 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2005 :  18:38:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send R.Wreck a Private Message
Creation science?
infinite absurdity
go smoke some more crack

The foundation of morality is to . . . give up pretending to believe that for which there is no evidence, and repeating unintelligible propositions about things beyond the possibliities of knowledge.
T. H. Huxley

The Cattle Prod of Enlightened Compassion
Go to Top of Page

R.Wreck
SFN Regular

USA
1191 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2005 :  18:41:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send R.Wreck a Private Message
Jesus saves oh yeah
punch my ticket to heaven
screw the rest of you

The foundation of morality is to . . . give up pretending to believe that for which there is no evidence, and repeating unintelligible propositions about things beyond the possibliities of knowledge.
T. H. Huxley

The Cattle Prod of Enlightened Compassion
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2005 :  18:43:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Jerry Falwell sucke
Pat Robertson also sucks.
A noxious vacumm

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2005 :  18:54:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Genesis answers
Through Answers in Genesis
Myth denies reason.

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds.