New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2005 :  00:41:39  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message
I'll be posting this in the links section as well...

http://www.csicop.org/creationwatch/

>From: enuffenuff@fastmail.fm
(excerpt follows):
> I'm looking to teach these two bastards a lesson they'll never forget.
> Personal visit by mates of mine. No violence, just a wee little chat.
>
> **** has also committed more crimes than you can count with his
> incitement of hatred against a religion. That law came in about 2007
> much to ****'s ignorance. That is fact and his writing will become well
> know as well as him becoming a publicly known icon of hatred.
>
> Good luck with that fuckwit. And Reynold, fucking run, and don't stop.
> Disappear would be best as it was you who dared to attack me on my
> illness knowing nothing of the cause. You disgust me and you are top of
> the list boy. Again, no violence. Just regular reminders of who's there
> and visits to see you are behaving. Nothing scary in reality. But I'd
> still disappear if I was you.

What brought that on? this. Original posting here.

Another example of this guy's lunacy here.

sweetmiracle
Skeptic Friend

USA
74 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2005 :  12:54:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sweetmiracle a Private Message
Thanks for the link...I especially liked the article on stupid dino tricks. http://www.csicop.org/si/2004-11/hovind.html

Imagine the joy of finding Jack Chick tracts chained to the walls near the toilets in the restrooms....

Remarkable claims require remarkable proof.

-Carl Sagan
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2005 :  16:08:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by sweetmiracle
Imagine the joy of finding Jack Chick tracts chained to the walls near the toilets in the restrooms....

Too bad they are laminated so you can't use them for what they really should be used for...

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

sweetmiracle
Skeptic Friend

USA
74 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2005 :  07:05:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sweetmiracle a Private Message

For those who haven't seen it, here is what Chick tracts should say...

http://www.weirdcrap.com/chick/links.html

Remarkable claims require remarkable proof.

-Carl Sagan
Go to Top of Page

Plyss
Skeptic Friend

Netherlands
231 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2005 :  14:15:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Plyss a Private Message
quote:

A personal favourite of mine
Can't remember were i found the image. I think i ran into it via Pharyngula once.

I've made a habit outof saving these as Chicks lawyers seem to have a habit of getting them taken down.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2005 :  14:30:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Plyss

Can't remember were i found the image. I think i ran into it via Pharyngula once.
I bet you saw it right here.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2005 :  14:30:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:

quote:

Good one, Plyss. I think I'll keep 'er!

I've made a habit outof saving these as Chicks lawyers seem to have a habit of getting them taken down.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Plyss
Skeptic Friend

Netherlands
231 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2005 :  22:54:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Plyss a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dave W.

quote:

I bet you saw it right here.

Whoops, that's very well possible.
Damn, i should start keeping records of the stuff i save
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2005 :  07:50:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
I'm just yanking your chain, Plyss. It's just a dream of mine that people find stuff here they don't see elsewhere.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Starman
SFN Regular

Sweden
1613 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2005 :  07:58:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Starman a Private Message
Jack's lawyers are not amused:
http://www.howardhallis.com/bis/cthulhuchick/
quote:
Taken down due to legal stuff.

It will never appear again. No .pdf files, .jpegs or prints will be made available.

Sorry folks. Cthulhu destroys all that you love!
This one still works:
http://www.geocities.com/plysspluis/tract/Ftagn.gif
Go to Top of Page

verlch
SFN Regular

781 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2005 :  22:02:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send verlch an AOL message Send verlch a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by the_ignored

I'll be posting this in the links section as well...

http://www.csicop.org/creationwatch/

Your devoting your website to sort of mocking those who believe in the bible?

Seems like a waste of time. I hope you at least making some money!!! To support yourself.

I fully believe in the scripture as a written testament, written by Godly men, to show proof of a living God that has authority of this universe and this planet.

Why don't you just say you don't believe in God and don't want to serve Him. Why take a public punch at those who do. Seems a little calious. Evolution is wholly supported by atheists. That is a given. Atheists need an explaintion as to why they believe what they do and having an intelligent creator isn't part of the plan.

I believe I came from the hand of God, I have special status in this world and have been given dominion over the earth. You give yourself dominion over nothing. You claim existance from a four legged beast of the feild and that is demeaning. I believe man was created in the image and glory of God.

What came first the chicken or the egg?

How do plants exist without bugs in the soil, and bugs in the soil without plants producing oxygen?

There are no atheists in foxholes

Underlying the evolutionary theory is not just the classic "stuff" of science — conclusions arrived at through prolonged observation and experimentation. Evolution is first an atheistic, materialistic world view. In other words, the primary reason for its acceptance has little to do with the evidence for or against it. Evolution is accepted because men are atheists by faith and thus interpret the evidence to cor-respond to their naturalistic philosophy.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. II Timothy 4:3,4

II Thess. 2:11 And for this cause God shall
send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

You can not see the 'wind', but you can see its effect!!!!

Evolution was caused by genetic mistakes at each stage?

Radical Evolution has 500 million years to find fossils of fictional drawings of (hard core)missing links, yet they find none.

We have not seen such moral darkness since the dark ages, coencides with
teaching evolution in schools. (Moral darkness)

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places, EPH 6:12.

"Thus, many scientists embracing naturalism find themselves in the seeming dilemma recently articulated by biochemist Franklin Harold: "We should reject, as a matter of principle, the substitution of intelligent design for the dialogue of chance and necessity [i.e., Darwinian evolution]; but we must concede that there are presently no detailed Darwinian accounts of the evolution of any biochemical system, only a variety of wishful speculations."
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2005 :  22:21:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by verlch

Your devoting your website to sort of mocking those who believe in the bible?
Is it really inappropriate to mock those who worship a book instead of God?

Really, why don't you explain to us how the only real Christians are those who believe in a literal six-day Creation 6,000 years ago? Please explain this.
quote:
Why don't you just say you don't believe in God and don't want to serve Him.
Because that's not the point.
quote:
Evolution is wholly supported by atheists. That is a given.
No, it's actually a lie, and you know it. How many example of Christians who acknowledge the theories of evolution would you like? There are millions of them. Here are over 2,300 of them.
quote:
Atheists need an explaintion as to why they believe what they do and having an intelligent creator isn't part of the plan.
The explanation has been provided to you, numerous times. The fact that you ignore it doesn't mean the explanation doesn't exist.
quote:
I believe I came from the hand of God, I have special status in this world and have been given dominion over the earth.
The fact that you need an imaginary friend to give your life meaning is irrelevant to the discussion of the science of biology, geology, astronomy, cosmology, etc. Those of us who are atheists have simply found other methods of giving our lives purpose. Of course, such methods are Earthly (like trying to give our kids a better world in which to live than we had), and so you may dismiss them as spiritually vacant, but until I'm given evidence of the existence of Heaven, I must - out of a pragmatic view of life - assume it does not exist.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

verlch
SFN Regular

781 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2005 :  01:52:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send verlch an AOL message Send verlch a Private Message
Really, why don't you explain to us how the only real Christians are those who believe in a literal six-day Creation 6,000 years ago? Please explain this.

The Word says that God created the earth in 6 days. It also says He has so much power that He can speak things into existance. It's much simpler than believing in life forms we cannot observe changing form. As if a non living, non thinking, non breathing, and non existing, mother nature has this much imagination.

Changes happen slowly. Changes never happened my friends and I can say that as A Fact!!! In fact I would say the same thing in court. If you told me to denounce my faith in Christ and go free or spend my earthly life in prison, I'd choose prison. And I'm nothing like Peter, God gave Peter great authority.

In the written word Peter was given authority and was maybe the first one awarded eternal life before death. Jesus could forgive his sins and he no longer had to sacrife a spotless lamb for his transgressions. For Jesus had been the lamb slain for the sins of every man. So now all you need to do is ask the Son to be forgiven I'm sure with God the Fathers direction.

17: And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
18: And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
19: And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Imaginary friend? With all you glaring evidence supporting your "theory" my bible should have been buried long ago. Surely with as many men that have tryed to burn it out of existance you would think it wouldn't be able to stand. Oh but maybe, my imaginary friend, with all His authority, power, leader of this universe was able to preserve His testament to man. So your "Book of Darwin" Wouldn't have all four legs to stand on!!! Even in a sinful planet, "God the Fathers will is Done." In Heaven as it is in earth.

What came first the chicken or the egg?

How do plants exist without bugs in the soil, and bugs in the soil without plants producing oxygen?

There are no atheists in foxholes

Underlying the evolutionary theory is not just the classic "stuff" of science — conclusions arrived at through prolonged observation and experimentation. Evolution is first an atheistic, materialistic world view. In other words, the primary reason for its acceptance has little to do with the evidence for or against it. Evolution is accepted because men are atheists by faith and thus interpret the evidence to cor-respond to their naturalistic philosophy.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. II Timothy 4:3,4

II Thess. 2:11 And for this cause God shall
send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

You can not see the 'wind', but you can see its effect!!!!

Evolution was caused by genetic mistakes at each stage?

Radical Evolution has 500 million years to find fossils of fictional drawings of (hard core)missing links, yet they find none.

We have not seen such moral darkness since the dark ages, coencides with
teaching evolution in schools. (Moral darkness)

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places, EPH 6:12.

"Thus, many scientists embracing naturalism find themselves in the seeming dilemma recently articulated by biochemist Franklin Harold: "We should reject, as a matter of principle, the substitution of intelligent design for the dialogue of chance and necessity [i.e., Darwinian evolution]; but we must concede that there are presently no detailed Darwinian accounts of the evolution of any biochemical system, only a variety of wishful speculations."
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2005 :  04:20:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by verlch
In the written word Peter was given authority and was maybe the first one awarded eternal life before death.
In that case, you don't know your Bible very well. (Luke 23:43)
quote:
Imaginary friend? With all you glaring evidence supporting your "theory" my bible should have been buried long ago. Surely with as many men that have tryed to burn it out of existance you would think it wouldn't be able to stand.
I think this classifies as an appeal to popularity. Just because many people believe does not make it true.

On the other hand, why does not God smite and strike down with vengeance everyone who mocks his servants? I say God is an impotent voyeur.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Siberia
SFN Addict

Brazil
2322 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2005 :  05:03:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Siberia's Homepage  Send Siberia an AOL message  Send Siberia a Yahoo! Message Send Siberia a Private Message
Then Shiva exists. A lot of people believe in Shiva. And Vishnu. And the rest of the crew.

"Why are you afraid of something you're not even sure exists?"
- The Kovenant, Via Negativa

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs."
-- unknown
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2005 :  05:51:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Verlch, I would not take your faith away from you even if I could, and that goes for anyone's faith be it mainstream and high-dollar or the humble worship of Exalted, Leperous Armadillo. It's all the same to me, and as I've stated before; I am not an evangelical atheist.

Erm, what exactly is a "Real Christian(tm)," anyway? There are a bewildering number of sects and demominations, they seem to rarely be in complete agreement, and all claim the infallibility of their version of Scripture. All very confusing to an innocent infidel such as I.

Kinda fun to poke at the inconsistancies and the beliefs in the face of facts, though.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.45 seconds.