Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Forums | Active Topics | Active Polls | Register | FAQ | Contact Us  
  Connect: Chat | SFN Messenger | Buddy List | Members
Personalize: Profile | My Page | Forum Bookmarks  
 All Forums
 Our Skeptic Forums
 Religion
 Fundies Say the Darndest Things... Rides Again!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

WinAce

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2005 :  16:28:45  Show Profile  Visit WinAce's Homepage  Send WinAce an AOL message  Send WinAce an ICQ Message Send WinAce a Private Message
I'm not managing it anymore, but two oh-so-helpful programmers independently created dynamic versions of Fundies Say the Darndest Things!--my old collection of ridiculous, shocking and hilarious religious posts--that are automated, accept users' submissions, allow quote reviews and have tons of other advanced, amazingly cool features. Both of their efforts are kinda like Bash.org, ensuring a degree of decentralization that makes the sites immune to a single admin's absence.

You can grab both links over here on my board, where you can also add your two cents (or more) concerning the future of Fundies Say. Only a few quotes are currently up at either version, but with the way they work now, you people can change that and fill them up with some real doozies! It's a team effort.

So if you see any absolutely ridiculous posts from ChristianForums, RaptureReady, et al, do be sure to add them to one or the other archive. Now here's the usual free samples!

From Yahweh's version, which looks almost entirely like the old FStDT!:

quote:
"What did Elijah get taken away in? A spaceship. Satan is the Prince of the Power of the Air. They fly folks. All angels good and bad have means for travel. The metal beryll is used in the Bible to describe the "charriot" Elijah was taken away in. Funny that our very own space shuttle is covered in beryllium because it is a metal that allows for high heat and possibility of entering back into earth's atmosphere. Just look it up."

HebrewBoy73, Rapture Ready

quote:
"Every night now when I go to bed I make sure I have clean sleeping clothes on and my jumping shoes on. Also I have my Rapture Letter on my PC desktop and in my car. So in other words "I am Rapture Ready!"."

Gamer4Christ, Rapture Ready

quote:
This is a Christian forum and these arrogant dupes need to recognize this fact.[...]
If the non believers don't like it then they should take a hike.

They have nothing to defend because they believe they came from nothing but swamp gas. It is the perfect way for these evil children to believe their own unstable and immoral values. The reason they slink around this forum is because they cannot help but mimic their sepentine father.

Satan is their puppet master.[...]

The bible is right they are an evil bunch and need to repent and turn to the God they spend their pathetic lives trying to convince themselves and others doesn't exist.[...]

This is a Christian forum! We rule they drool!"

bibleberean, 123 Christian Forums

quote:
"I don't know when the Great Commission was ruled unconstitutional, but that's when Christians lost their right to freely practice our "religion.""

talitha, Christian Forums

quote:
" [Replying to "Can you imagine the repercussions if they were to say [that nobody cares about Koran mishandling]? All 2 billion Mooslums would rise up against every American on the planet." ]

That would be great, then we could legitimately go to war against Islam and nuke 'em."

blue_johnson, Free Conservatives

And from Heine's blog-based version, which looks sufficiently different that you might be caught off guard at first:

quote:
Nutrider99 @ FreeConservatives.com
Wrote:

[ In reply to " Actually, by 500 BC the Greeks already determined that it was round. See Pythagorus." ]

But the "scientific" community did not believe them, did they?

quote:
BEI491962 @ 123 Christian Forum
Wrote:

Being a 'scientist', the aim of science isn't to prove, but rather to disprove.

If you can't disprove X, then X must be true.

You can't disprove the existance of God, therefore he must be real

That's the scientific way of doing things.

quote:
Stonewall Jackson @ Christianity.com Forum
Wrote:

[Replying to a poster who mentioned they were considering attending a gay wedding.]

It would be about the same thing as watching a woman getting rapped and just sitting there and doing nothing or filming it.

You would be observing a vile act of Rebellion against GOD! A public display of sheer hatred for GODs Word!!! --and you just standing there watching!

[...]

Should you go to a Murder? Should you go to a Child Molesting? Should you watch a thief steal? Should you observe a Necrophile committ his sin?

If you said yes to any of these questions: then yes you should go to a homosexual abomination.

Enjoy, folks! And be sure to acknowledge the hard work and dedication put into these automated FStDTs by my friends.
[Moved to the Religion folder - Dave W.]

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2005 :  20:10:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Amazing!

Or perhaps not. Might be, a little scary would be a better description. After all, this is the sort of thought that hanged and burned heretics. And they call us evil....

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2005 :  01:10:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by filthy
Might be, a little scary would be a better description.
Unbridled hate based on bottomless ignorance. Yeah, I'd say it's pretty scary. Anyone without a shred of reason scares the living daylights out of me.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds.