Introduce yourself
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 30

samus1225

2 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2007 :  15:33:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send samus1225 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello, people. Name is Samus1225. I'm an Enlgish Major Philospohy Minor at Mississippi College, and Hopeful graduate for May.. I'm Neurosis' RA, he's the one who referred me to this site.
Go to Top of Page

Boron10
Religion Moderator

USA
1266 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2007 :  17:56:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Boron10 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by samus1225
Hello, people. Name is Samus1225. I'm an Enlgish Major Philospohy Minor at Mississippi College, and Hopeful graduate for May.. I'm Neurosis' RA, he's the one who referred me to this site.
Hello, samus1225! Welcome to the SFN. Any post-graduate plans?
Edited by - Boron10 on 01/30/2007 17:57:14
Go to Top of Page

samus1225

2 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2007 :  02:05:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send samus1225 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Boron10

quote:
Originally posted by samus1225
Hello, samus1225! Welcome to the SFN. Any post-graduate plans?

law school. where, i'm not quite sure.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2007 :  07:30:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome, samus1225!

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2007 :  04:20:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well if it's the law school in Seattle, I know a bunch of skeptics you can meet.

Hi and welcome.
Edited by - beskeptigal on 02/05/2007 04:20:36
Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2007 :  04:23:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Denwash, that is a wonderful story. It's nice to hear something as basic as learning the science of evolution can change a person into a skeptic.

Hi and welcome to you as well.
Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2007 :  04:32:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How about 10,000 year old sphinx Dr. Schoch suggests, marduk? I was impressed when he went to Japan's Yonaguni underwater ruins and declared all he saw were natural structures.

I recently saw something about a lot of rain around Egypt only 5,000 years ago which would reconcile the different age hypotheses. I was going to look more into that when I had time.

I love having more experts around. Welcome to SFN.

Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2007 :  04:38:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bienvenidos a tu, perro. No hablo Espanol fluentemente y no tengo las letras como 'en-ye' aqui tampoco. Pero a veces a me gusto hablar con personas en Espanol.
Go to Top of Page

ejdalise
Skeptic Friend

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2007 :  12:59:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit ejdalise's Homepage Send ejdalise a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ejdalise here . . . been posting at the skepticality forums and saw the link to here. It was news to me . . . I was not even aware skeptics could have friends. Certainly mine are few and far between.

I used to post a whole lot but stopped because things usually got nasty (you try to make a rational argument against something, and you get called names). Obviously, that was on other forums . . . in the early days, when I naively believed that discussion forums really were interested in discussion.

The skepticality forums were a welcome reintroduction to spirited discussion, and I must confess they have been taking up a lot of my time.

Hopefully, once I look around a bit, I'll be able to contribute here as well.

hmmmm . . . say, I could just copy the posts from over there and paste them here . . . it would certainly save me a lot of time and typing.

ejd

--- Disperser ---
Winning enemies and aggravating friends since 1953
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2007 :  13:28:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello ejdalise

Welcome!

quote:
hmmmm . . . say, I could just copy the posts from over there and paste them here . . . it would certainly save me a lot of time and typing.

Whole posts: only if you wrote them yourself, otherwise we have a potential copyright issue. Selected pieces are ok though, preferably with a link to the original, as this would fall under "fair use".

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Vigo the Carpathian

USA
1 Post

Posted - 02/16/2007 :  19:08:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Vigo the Carpathian a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have recently seen this site while randomly searching for my favorite fish, the Dunkleosteous when I stumbled upon this site. Wonderful info and I hope I can help where I am needed. Don't let my reputation scare you...

Death is but a doorway, time is but a window, I'll be back.
Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2007 :  19:29:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi ejda and Vigo. Glad you found us, we make good friends.

Just what reputation would that be, Vigo?
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2007 :  20:47:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by beskeptigal

Hi ejda and Vigo. Glad you found us, we make good friends.

Just what reputation would that be, Vigo?

Gal, just watch Ghostbusters II and listen to Bill Murray's rant. :)

Welcome to Vigo.

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2007 :  21:10:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Valiant Dancer
Gal, just watch Ghostbusters II and listen to Bill Murray's rant. :)

Here's the appropriate background:
quote:
Egon: Vigo the Carpathian. Born 1505, died 1610.

Peter Venkman: 105 years old, he hung in there, didn't he?

Ray: He didn't die of old age, either. He was poisoned, stabbed, shot, hung, stretched, disembowled, drawn and quartered.

Peter Venkman: Ouch.

Winston: Guess he wasn't too popular at the end, huh?

Egon: No, not exactly a man of the people. Also known as Vigo the Cruel, Vigo the Torturer, Vigo the Despised, and Vigo the Unholy.

Peter Venkman: Wasn't he also Vigo the Butch?

Ray: And dig this, there was a prophecy. Just before his head died, his last words were "Death is but a door. Time is but a window. I'll be back."

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

Willow

1 Post

Posted - 03/03/2007 :  12:48:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Willow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi, I'm Willow.

George W. Bush:

There's an old saying in Tennessee -- I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee...that says, fool me once, shame on...shame on you. Fool me...you can't get fooled again. [9/17/2002]
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 30 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.52 seconds.