Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 30

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2007 :  12:53:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Willow

Hi, I'm Willow.

Hi Willow, welcome to SFN. Feel free to jump on in to our fine fun forums! There are plenty of topics for debate and discussion, as we hope you'll find.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2007 :  15:15:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vigo the Carpathian

I have recently seen this site while randomly searching for my favorite fish, the Dunkleosteous when I stumbled upon this site. Wonderful info and I hope I can help where I am needed. Don't let my reputation scare you...

Dunk is one of my favorites, too. Have you ever seen the fossils in the Cleavland Museum of Natural History? Incredible animal!

Welcome to SFN, Vigo -- heh, we are never frightened by reputations; and really, anyone who loves the Devonian placoderms can't be all that bad to start with. Looking forward to your input.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Wings

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2007 :  19:18:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Wings's Homepage  Send Wings an AOL message  Send Wings a Yahoo! Message Send Wings a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone!

I've been lurking around as a guest for almost 6 months now. I've read many of the interesting threads here. I especially enjoyed the Big Bang threads and the "Ruminations on three types of woo-woo" thread.

As for me, I'm just a simple man out to learn as much as I can. I hope I can learn quite a lot from all of you and perhaps I can say something of value as well. In any case, glad to be here and thanks for the website. I've loved lurking and hopefully I'll have even more fun participating.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2007 :  19:41:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the SFN, Wings!

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Trish
SFN Addict

USA
2102 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2007 :  06:32:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Trish a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey all. Dropped in on the chat last night. First place I stopped after getting connected to the internet again. I have missed SFN this past year. I look forward to good healthy debates again. It's good to be back.

...no one has ever found a 4.5 billion year old stone artifact (at the right geological stratum) with the words "Made by God."
No Sense of Obligation by Matt Young

"Say what you will about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith. I consider the capacity for it terrifying and vile!"
Mother Night by Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

They (Women Marines) don't have a nickname, and they don't need one. They get their basic training in a Marine atmosphere, at a Marine Post. They inherit the traditions of the Marines. They are Marines.
LtGen Thomas Holcomb, USMC
Commandant of the Marine Corps, 1943
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2007 :  07:45:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Trish, it's so good to see you back again. You've been missed, by me at least.

Have a chat with Dave to get you old avatar back...

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Trish
SFN Addict

USA
2102 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2007 :  07:49:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Trish a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Mabuse

Have a chat with Dave to get you old avatar back...

I'll have to do that or create a new one. Maybe if I can get the old dinasaur of a computer fired up - I'll pull one of my old drawings for that.

...no one has ever found a 4.5 billion year old stone artifact (at the right geological stratum) with the words "Made by God."

"Say what you will about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith. I consider the capacity for it terrifying and vile!"

They (Women Marines) don't have a nickname, and they don't need one. They get their basic training in a Marine atmosphere, at a Marine Post. They inherit the traditions of the Marines. They are Marines.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2007 :  08:14:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Trish! We missed ya, hon, and it's great to see you back...

Greetings Wings! I hope you enjoy your sojourn here and we're all looking forward to your input.

Someone once said to the effect that, much of the time, it is the teacher who is the student....

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Trish
SFN Addict

USA
2102 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2007 :  09:48:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Trish a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by filthy

Hey Trish! We missed ya, hon, and it's great to see you back...

Thanks. I've missed all of you guys too. I'm up for a good debate, but most of the ones I've gone through are at the point of levelling off. I'll be around to see what comes up.

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2007 :  09:50:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great to see you back, Trish!

Sad to say, I don't even remember what your old avatar was. I just did a major clean-up on the avatars, too, and I deleted very few.

The easiest way to get a custom avatar up is to just email me with the avatar as an attachment or give me a link to what you want if it's already on the Web somewhere. (This goes for everyone, not just Trish.)

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Trish
SFN Addict

USA
2102 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2007 :  10:20:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Trish a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It was a pencil drawing that I scanned and added color in photoshop. The file was draw2.jpg. If you deleted it no big deal, I'll just figure out something else. Like I said, if I can get the old dinosaur kicking, I might still have the file or something else I can use. If not, I'll just have to create something for me now.

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2007 :  12:00:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Was it a small version of what you've got as your photo in your profile? Hey, that is draw2.jpg! I can turn that into an avatar given just a few minutes later on tonight.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Trish
SFN Addict

USA
2102 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2007 :  18:40:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Trish a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yep, that would be the one.

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2007 :  19:53:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
All done.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

ejdalise
Skeptic Friend

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2007 :  22:16:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit ejdalise's Homepage Send ejdalise a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Mabuse

Hello ejdalise
quote:
hmmmm . . . say, I could just copy the posts from over there and paste them here . . . it would certainly save me a lot of time and typing.

Whole posts: only if you wrote them yourself, otherwise we have a potential copyright issue. Selected pieces are ok though, preferably with a link to the original, as this would fall under "fair use".

My ego is too big for me to even consider using something other than what I personally wrote . . . I like what I say too much to give time to others.

That said, I would still feel like cheating . . . I'll stick to original content only.

ejd

--- Disperser ---
Winning enemies and aggravating friends since 1953
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 30 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.69 seconds.