Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 30

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2008 :  07:14:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello Carolina!

Welcome to Skeptic Friends Network!
I see that you have a really twisted sense of humour. I like that.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2008 :  08:38:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Hi every-body!
(Hi Dr. Filth!)

Got here a little late, so it's a sort of a blanket welcome to SFN to all. Looking forward to y'all's input!

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

bngbuck
SFN Addict

USA
2437 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2008 :  11:09:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bngbuck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
weemaryanne, Kil, and carolina666.....

Cameron, King of the post-Rapture crackpots, seems to be Comfortable with being Left Behind when the brains were passed out!

There once was a fellow named Kirk
Renowned for his soap opera work
He painfully grew,
Joined the Ray Comfort crew
And now he's a transcendent jerk

Sorry, Carolina, but the man is a babbling fundamentalist idiot! I've got to admit tho', from a schoolgirl kind of perspective, he was a cute teenager!
Edited by - bngbuck on 08/07/2008 11:14:02
Go to Top of Page

chefcrsh
Skeptic Friend

Hong Kong
380 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2008 :  16:56:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send chefcrsh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello, just call me chef. I'm not actually that new here, But I am the new ex officio Skepticality ambassador to SFN. I know you all thought Dr. Mabusa was, but he is under secret (see patriot act section 7 clauses 3 & 17) investigation for espionage (its a matter of national podcast security), and since I myself was an undercover spy working for the other side, often appearing to make polite conversation with many of you in the chats, while recording EVERYTHING, I am one of the only vetted true skeptics tm (see true scotsman for reference) who will dare venture into this wretched hive of scum and villainy. I grudgingly take the mantle.

Your heart felt welcome and bribes gifts are appreciated and may do some good in protecting you from our rendition program.

P.S. What no super script? Provincials ugh.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2008 :  17:28:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by chefcrsh

Just because you don't know how to use it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. So now your training is complete, and you can fully join the dark side Skeptic Friends Network.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2008 :  17:43:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Chef. How many times am I going to have to welcome you to SFN?

But listen. This is important. You never really know who's reading these pages. Just so's ya know...

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Zeked
Skeptic Friend

USA
90 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2008 :  19:08:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Zeked a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm Zeke. Really. Human male. Electronics nut from age 8, astronomy addict from age 9. Built my first computers (Cosmac ELF and Sinclair), telescopes, radio equipment and electric vehicles and often fell asleep either under the stars or listening to my shortwave. Saved a collection of Scientific American magazines from being tossed at the school library at the age of 12, (1910 through 1976). Read every one of them at least once and started to see the world very differently. I still love the art of fabricating scientific instruments and devices. I enjoy developing critical thinking skills in children through basic science. Still working on finding effective techniques for establishing critical thinking skills in adults. I prefer countries other than the USA and Europe in general, much to do with weather preference and greater personal liberty. Atheist and pugnacious skeptic.
Go to Top of Page

chefcrsh
Skeptic Friend

Hong Kong
380 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2008 :  04:04:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send chefcrsh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello, Zeke and you shall find...um, just for your information, there are probably more than a few Europeans who would bristle at the idea that Europe is a country, though your point is sound none-the-less. If you can survive in this god forsaken (quid pro quo I suspect) place I may, as part of my ambassadorial duties, introduce you to how the better half live. Welcome.
Go to Top of Page

chefcrsh
Skeptic Friend

Hong Kong
380 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2008 :  04:07:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send chefcrsh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

Just because you don't know how to use it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. So now your training is complete, and you can fully join the dark side Skeptic Friends Network.

How do I know you didn't add that feature in after I noted the discrepancy?
Edited by - chefcrsh on 08/15/2008 04:08:29
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2008 :  08:34:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Zeked. Welcome to SFN. We have pretty good weather in California. Of course, we aren't another country, and frankly I don't want more people moving here. In fact, never-mind. Have fun on our multinational forum though.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2008 :  11:00:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

How do I know you didn't add that feature in after I noted the discrepancy?
Oh, I'm sure you can assume that I went back to dozens of my old posts and updated them using the "new" forum tag, overnight, but would that assumption be correct?

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

bngbuck
SFN Addict

USA
2437 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2008 :  12:56:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bngbuck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
chefcrsh and Dave.....

What in hell is superscript anyway?

You damn programmer types just totally confuse me.....
Go to Top of Page

Grim Ungainly

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2008 :  20:54:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Grim Ungainly a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello all.

I am a fellow traveler along the path of science and reason. You may call me Grim.
I spend my days toiling away at a biology major in the cold dark wastes of the northern Midwest. Insulating myself from small town America with the likes of P.Z. Myers. I also canoe and cross country ski.

"Much I marveled this ungainly fowl to hear discourse so plainly."
Edgar Allen Poe
Go to Top of Page

Simon
SFN Regular

USA
1992 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2008 :  21:00:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Simon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome!

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there – on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.
Carl Sagan - 1996
Go to Top of Page

UniConst

15 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2008 :  15:48:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send UniConst a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hullo. Im UniConst and Ive got a question:
Which Skeptic Friends Network staff member would you most like to see waterboarded?

Wat does 'waterboarded' mean?

The Universe is not constant.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 30 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.53 seconds.