Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 30

Shacal
Skeptic Friend

USA
51 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2005 :  20:12:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Shacal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm Shacal, which is a scramble of my real name. I've read the boards often and posted very rarely for quite a while now (about 8 months). I would post more, except I work full time, and most of the time more capable writers than I, (Dave, filthy, Mabuse, Dude... I'm a fan) and I hate to be redundant.

I am 19 and going into OSU in biology (marfknox, are you still involved with OSU students for freethought? I was very interested in that group when I was looking into clubs and organizations at college, and that's kind of cool that I might know someone in it!).

"The problem with communication is the illusion that we have accomplished it"
Edited by - Shacal on 07/08/2005 20:13:59
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2005 :  09:25:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ricky
Oh, and a truck once ran over my face.

Not many people can boost about that.
I saw it on the news...

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

dv82matt
SFN Regular

760 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2005 :  09:53:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send dv82matt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ricky
Oh, and a truck once ran over my face.

Ouch! dude, watch where you put your face! I take it that you're feeling much better now?

When it's face vs. truck I wouldn't expect 'face' to come out on top, but apparantly it does.
Go to Top of Page

lººk

5 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2005 :  14:08:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send lººk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just saying hello. Pretty nice site.

lººk
Go to Top of Page

Abdul Alhazred
Skeptic Friend

USA
58 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2005 :  23:28:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Abdul Alhazred's Homepage Send Abdul Alhazred a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Testing 1 2 3.

Hello all. Some of you may already know me.

The lack of a rational explanation is not evidence for an irrational explanation.
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2005 :  06:22:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to SFN, Abdul Alhazred

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Plyss
Skeptic Friend

Netherlands
231 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2005 :  06:34:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Plyss a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Abdul Alhazred

Testing 1 2 3.

Hello all. Some of you may already know me.

I'm sure i once read this book you wrote
Ia! Ia! Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl ftagn!

Welcome to SFN
Go to Top of Page

Fripp
SFN Regular

USA
727 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2005 :  08:28:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Fripp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi,

My name's Fripp and I'm an atheist.

*the crowd seated in the circle all say "Hi Fripp"*

I found this place when I was arguing with a hard-line conservative moron on another forum and I was doing some research. Now I come here often to learn, improve my debate skills, and because the conversation is much better. Plus the intellects here blow me away.

I'm male, 41, married to a non-strict Catholic with two daughters, three cats, one dog, two hermit crabs, and a hamster. My screen name is from the guitarist and founder of my favorite band King Crimson.

I've been an open-minded fan of science ever since the original Star Trek series.

I am presently a network engineer and live in Eastern PA. In my past, I was a Navy SEAL with several operations in Asia, Africa, and the Middle East. Nothing really super-cool interesting though. Side note, I once met Jesse Ventura and was surprised at how he wasn't as big as he's portrayed: maybe an inch taller than me and about ten pounds heavier. I've also been a graphic designer, computer animator and a camera assistant (*cough *cough *gopher*) on some small films that nobody's ever seen.

Currently writing a novel and doing woodworking.

Favorite movies: 2001 and Evil Dead 2
Favorite director: Kubrick
Fave books: Oh so many. Dragonsbane and Dune to name two. Also love George RR Martin.
Fave TV show: This Old House.

My pet peeves are long lines and rude people.
My turn-ons include...oops, wrong forum.

"What the hell is an Aluminum Falcon?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. I thought my Dark Lord of the Sith could protect a small thermal exhaust port that's only 2-meters wide! That thing wasn't even fully paid off yet! You have any idea what this is going to do to my credit?!?!"

"What? Oh, oh, 'just rebuild it'? Oh, real [bleep]ing original. And who's gonna give me a loan, jackhole? You? You got an ATM on that torso LiteBrite?"
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2005 :  10:40:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi look and Abdul! Looking forward to your input!

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

ljbrs
SFN Regular

USA
842 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2005 :  18:10:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send ljbrs a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have beem a skeptic for as long as I can remember, beginning well before the age of 3. It all started when Santa Claus and my mother selected the same Christmas wrapping paper. I will not say how long ago that was....

ljbrs

"Innumerable suns exist; innumerable earths revolve about these suns in a manner similar to the way the seven planets revolve around our sun. Living beings inhabit these worlds."
Giordano Bruno
(Burned at the stake by the Roman Catholic Church Inquisition in 1600)
Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2005 :  11:34:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi all. Happy to see new personalities here and looking forward to the conversations ahead.
Go to Top of Page

CourseKnot
Skeptic Friend

USA
82 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2005 :  07:05:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send CourseKnot a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi All

I'm not only a skeptic but I'm a pessimist as well. It works mostly in my favor but we've all been wrong at one time or another. I try to keep a balance between the pessimist on my left shoulder and the optimist on the right but I don't hear too well out of that ear.

I'm into the sciences. Can't read enough of Discover, Scientific American, Wired and a host of electronic engineering magazines. I'm fascinated by the early civilizations, paleontology and anthropology.

I'm an field service engineer for an electronics company in the New York Metro area.

I love science fiction but I'm disappointed with most movies that are called sci-fi. I like hard sci-fi (you know, based on facts and reasonable projections of future realities) like 2001. " I Robot " was good... I need to read the book and I can't believe I haven't read it yet. I don't have the time to read books like I used to. I've got a 14 month old running around.

I've only been posting replys for a few weeks now and came upon this site when looking into an ancient celestial disk.

If there is a forum or chat room where I can get some help getting up to speed on how to make my posts look right please let me know. I can get there on my own but the little one only lets me have a little time.

Thanks

Just flying through space with the rest of you...
Go to Top of Page

tw101356
Skeptic Friend

USA
333 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2005 :  07:27:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send tw101356 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CourseKnot

Hi All

If there is a forum or chat room where I can get some help getting up to speed on how to make my posts look right please let me know. I can get there on my own but the little one only lets me have a little time.

Welcome aboard CourseKnot! The FAQ should give you enough to get started.

- TW
Go to Top of Page

LizW
Skeptic Friend

USA
113 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2005 :  08:25:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send LizW a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone,

I spend my days running a very exclusive private sanitarium. I only have one patient, he's four. His treatment is coming along very well, but I have started to twitch and look over my shoulder alot.

My nights and weekends are spent primarily trying to pry Dave W off his keyboard often enough to make sure that he doesn't meld with it, thus becoming a bio-mechanical Evil Genius. I prefer him as he is, just an ordinary run of the mill Evil Genius.

I have been a Babtist, Lapsed Babtist, Pagan, Lapsed Pagan then for awhile I was just confused. Now I'm a member of the Book of the Month Club and I really gather strength and a sense of peace from that.

You learn something new every g****mn day!
Go to Top of Page

Subjectmatter
Skeptic Friend

173 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2005 :  09:30:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Subjectmatter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi I'm Subjectmatter,
The name is simply the first word I saw in an open book when my old handle was rejected (Lucasarts) at another forum a year ago. I'm studying the international baccalaureate in Sigtuna and desperately trying to decide whether I'll be studying mathematics, chemical engineering, philosophy, molecular genetics or one of the more esoteric physics courses when I start university next year. I found SFN while researching Jack Chick for a paper on religion and philosophical psychology in February this year, although I didn't take part in the forums until a few days ago.

While I am swedish my first language must be said to be english; due to having always been schooled in this tongue since nursery school. I am told that I have a british accent - which I consider to be infinately preferable to a US accent.

Sibling Atom Bomb of Couteous Debate
Edited by - Subjectmatter on 09/08/2005 09:32:51
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 30 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds.