Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 30

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2011 :  14:36:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Tim Thompson

...and then again more recently while hunting down Michael Mozina and his "iron sun" model.
Please don't hesitate to speak up when one of us others screw up the physics stuff. I won't ask you to go back over the billion+ pages of Mozina threads, of course, but more recently we had some guy here who thought that the Double Slit experiment provided positive evidence for Tipler's Omega-Point stuff and that the Second Law of Thermodynamics supports Intelligent Design (even thought he couldn't comprehend simple algebra).

Oh, not only was Mozina into that Iron-Sun nonsense, he was insistent upon the immutability of neutrinos, the infallibility of the Standard Model and the immortality of the universe. He was a very well-rounded crank.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Falconjudge

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2011 :  09:22:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Falconjudge a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello, my name is Falconjudge, and I am now a Theist Agnostic. It is nice to meet you all, and I hope I may contribute to many rational discussions.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2011 :  09:32:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to SFN, Falconjudge!

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Falconjudge

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2011 :  09:45:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Falconjudge a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Also, what is the policy on Necro-posting? I notice there are rarely any "active" threads...
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2011 :  10:08:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Falconjudge

Also, what is the policy on Necro-posting? I notice there are rarely any "active" threads...

There aren't any hard and fast ones.

We are open to new discussions on old topics.

With some posters from very old threads you may run into people who were banned from the site. They are clearly labeled under their user name as BANNED, SPAMMER, or DENNIS MARKUZE.

It takes a lot to get banned here. Very few have been. We typically will give people a warning for sales type posts if we don't see evidence that the identical posts are being posted en-mass to other forums.

The funniest banned users are the ones trying to do the old Nigerian 4-1-9 scam here.

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

Falconjudge

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2011 :  13:17:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Falconjudge a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, some forums prefer that you don't bring up old topics, so I thought I would ask...

Also, ever heard of EvolutionFairytale.com ? It is the first place, in my entire life, that I have been banned from, on the subject of ban-able offenses.
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2011 :  13:30:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Well, some forums prefer that you don't bring up old topics, so I thought I would ask...

Also, ever heard of EvolutionFairytale.com ? It is the first place, in my entire life, that I have been banned from, on the subject of ban-able offenses.

I've heard of them.

I also heard any and all dissent from posters concerning evolution (typically spelled Evilution) on that forum routinely get banned.

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

ThorGoLucky
Snuggle Wolf

USA
1486 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2011 :  18:34:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit ThorGoLucky's Homepage Send ThorGoLucky a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I have a fondness for necro-posting, as it helps bring forth things that have been percolating that would otherwise would be not addressed.

I had a personal site where I kept bringing up http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Biggest_Ball_of_Twine_in_Minnesota
Edited by - ThorGoLucky on 09/13/2011 18:35:19
Go to Top of Page

CRUX
BANNED

192 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2011 :  22:46:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send CRUX a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello from CRUX. whazzup ?
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2011 :  07:05:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the Skeptic Friends Network, CRUX!

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

hurricanerach

United Kingdom
1 Post

Posted - 09/29/2011 :  16:01:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send hurricanerach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone! My name is Rachel. I've been reading many threads in this forum, and am so glad that I joined. I am from a city in Britain called Sheffield, and though it is by no means a place that is incredibly religious, it is very difficult to discuss my atheism with anyone. This is either because of ignorance, or the fact that the person I am speaking to is somewhat religious. I am only 21, and although I have always known that I am a skeptic, I am having trouble attributing this to anything or even fully understanding what the term really means. I decided to join an online community to combat this. I am not here to confirm my beliefs or anything of that nature, I just want to be a part of a community that can sympathize with me, or even share my opinions, because at the moment, I have no one to speak to that does. I apologise if I at any point seem ignorant or uneducated about some of the issues raised on the forum, but this is all the kind of thing i want to be a point of, and I hope to be sometime able to confidently join in discussions that are happening. :)

HurricaneRach
"Tell me; where is the love?
In a careless creation
When there’s no “above”
There’s no justice
Just a cause and a cure
And a bounty of suffering
It seems we all endure
And what I’m frightened of
Is that they call it “God’s love”"
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2011 :  06:34:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello and welcome, Rachel!

I think you've come to the right place. Even after 8 years, I still feel that I'm learning stuff about being a skeptic, skepticism, and science.
Also, it's nice to see someone else from "our" side of the pond. I'm living close to the demographic center of Sweden.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2011 :  08:08:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum hurricanerach It's always nice to have new members introduce themselves after signing up. SS

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

cestyL

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2011 :  23:35:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send cestyL a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone, I'm a newbie here and I hope I'm welcome here. well, I really love science and made my life easier that's why I got interested to register here. Anyway, hope I'll enjoy my stay and hope to meet some good friends here.
Go to Top of Page

marfknox
SFN Die Hard

USA
3739 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2011 :  05:00:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit marfknox's Homepage  Send marfknox an AOL message Send marfknox a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome, cestyL.

"Too much certainty and clarity could lead to cruel intolerance" -Karen Armstrong

Check out my art store: http://www.marfknox.etsy.com

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 30 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.61 seconds.