Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 30

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2005 :  14:45:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Patrick, if you PM @tomic and explain he might change your username. I'm uncertain about the policy of name-change, so he'll have to tell if it's ok or not. You can try Dave_W also, since he's the site's editor. @tomic is not very active these days, so the best bet is Dave.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2005 :  15:36:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A username change is no problem at all, for those in need (remember, we once had a DrMabuse here, too). Just send me a PM with the new name, and I'll take care of it.

Edited to add: though it's important to remember that there are a bunch of posts referring to you as Patrick already.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

trogdor
Skeptic Friend

198 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2005 :  11:07:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send trogdor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
hi my name is logan and i live in Minnesota um... to quote Al Franken "indignation is well and good in small doses, but i noticed fairly early in life that some people live to find things to be indignant about.and it's pretty unatractive. thats why i decided to become a wiseass"
heehee

all eyes were on Ford Prefect. some of them were on stalks.
-Douglas Adams
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2005 :  12:12:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by trogdor

hi my name is logan and i live in Minnesota um... to quote Al Franken "indignation is well and good in small doses, but i noticed fairly early in life that some people live to find things to be indignant about.and it's pretty unatractive. thats why i decided to become a wiseass"
heehee

Hi trogdor, and welcome to SFN!
Indignation is well and good in large doses, indeed tremendous doses, as well, but only if there is something legitimate to be indignebt about....

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2005 :  13:12:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi! Love Al Frankin. You're in good company here.
Go to Top of Page

ChrisC

Canada
1 Post

Posted - 12/21/2005 :  12:30:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send ChrisC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good day,
My name is Chris. Finally registered after lurking for quite some time. Hope I can add something to the discussion and maybe start a few myself (although I'm usually content just to lurk). Thoroughly enjoyed reading this board so far. Keep it up!
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2005 :  12:54:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ChrisC

Good day,
My name is Chris. Finally registered after lurking for quite some time. Hope I can add something to the discussion and maybe start a few myself (although I'm usually content just to lurk). Thoroughly enjoyed reading this board so far. Keep it up!

Hi Chris and welcome!

Looking forward to your input.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2006 :  22:43:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've been a "home-schooled" skeptic for about 48 years of my 60 years, but I've never in the past been a member or a skeptic organization or otherwise contributed to the skeptical community. This certainly does look like a place where I can be around like-minded people. My thanks to all who put this forum and Web site together!

-- HalfMooner

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Edited by - HalfMooner on 01/15/2006 00:33:15
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2006 :  23:32:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to SFN HalfMooner. And speaking as one of the staff, you're very welcome.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

JohnOAS
SFN Regular

Australia
800 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2006 :  17:07:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit JohnOAS's Homepage Send JohnOAS a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hawks

Australia is the home of weird musical instruments and smelly marsupials.

And me !

I haven't actually lived in another country, and have only travelled OS a handful of times, but I must say I kinda like it here...

My name is John, I'm an enginner/scientist and one of those guys who sometimes just doesn't know when to leave something the hell alone, be it a gadget of some sort, a piece of software, or some poor fool at a party who mentions that their homeopathic tratment is going really well.

I've been a skeptic pretty much as long as I can remember understanding what one was. It probably mostly stemmed from my love of science as a kid. Although, I do remember two books I had on the paranormal and such which, if memory serves, were presented in a seemingly scientific fashion, which I thought were very cool at the time. Seeing as I never throw anything out (much to my wife's frustration), I must try and dig them up, but I digress.

I was recommended to this site by one of your members, when I posted a question on another forum that wasn't being addressed. Thanks again Ricky. I've enjoyed my time here so far, and hope to contribute something worthwhile once in a while. Mind you, with a 22 month old and another on the way, my forum time tends to be a little sporadic. With what I've read here to date, however, that's unlikely to impact much on the availability of quality content.

John's just this guy, you know.
Go to Top of Page

Jason Barker
Skeptic Friend

USA
55 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2006 :  12:34:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Jason Barker's Homepage Send Jason Barker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hihi.

I just registered.

Well, not much else to say other than that.

Homer: He thinks he's so big, with all his money and wealth. But there's one thing he can't buy with his money.

Marge:What's that?

Homer:........a dinosaur.
Go to Top of Page

Hawks
SFN Regular

Canada
1383 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2006 :  01:03:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Hawks's Homepage Send Hawks a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JohnOAS
quote:
Australia is the home of weird musical instruments and smelly marsupials.

And me !

There can never be too many people from down-under. Hurrah for us!

PS. Why have my posts in all of a sudden all started being displayed in a small font? Does anyone know?

METHINKS IT IS LIKE A WEASEL
It's a small, off-duty czechoslovakian traffic warden!
Go to Top of Page

Snake
SFN Addict

USA
2511 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2006 :  22:05:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Snake's Homepage  Send Snake an ICQ Message  Send Snake a Yahoo! Message Send Snake a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ricky

quote:
I am told that I have a british accent - which I consider to be infinately preferable to a US accent.

The British don't have an accent. That's just what English sounds like when its pronounced correctly.

Love that. And so true... although I wonder what a Brit would say about the various 'accents' within England. Anyway, I am going to tell that to my friend in Great Britian.
ps. it's awful when Americans slur words and say 'n' instead of 'ing' at the end of verbs as Ms. Clinton does, sound so illiterate.
Go to Top of Page

JohnOAS
SFN Regular

Australia
800 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2006 :  22:31:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit JohnOAS's Homepage Send JohnOAS a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

PS. Why have my posts in all of a sudden all started being displayed in a small font? Does anyone know?

Imagine us both in big leather lounge chairs (or perhaps you're reclining) before I say in a reassuring tone, "It's not your fault."

It seems to mostly happen when there are nested quotes. I'm using FireFox almost exclusively these days, and have noticed it a few times. Sometimes a reload fixes it, sometimes not. Must be a glitch in some code somewhere, or possibly a not-quite standard feature being rendered in a non-specific fashion. I just tried a couple of pages in IE, and the problem didn't appear there, although this is hardly conclusive proof, but it might suggest an IE specific bit of code that firefox has issues with. I'll do some more checking next time I get see it.

John's just this guy, you know.
Go to Top of Page

Hawks
SFN Regular

Canada
1383 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2006 :  00:09:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Hawks's Homepage Send Hawks a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JohnOAS

quote:

Imagine us both in big leather lounge chairs (or perhaps you're reclining) before I say in a reassuring tone, "It's not your fault."

It seems to mostly happen when there are nested quotes. I'm using FireFox almost exclusively these days, and have noticed it a few times. Sometimes a reload fixes it, sometimes not. Must be a glitch in some code somewhere, or possibly a not-quite standard feature being rendered in a non-specific fashion. I just tried a couple of pages in IE, and the problem didn't appear there, although this is hardly conclusive proof, but it might suggest an IE specific bit of code that firefox has issues with. I'll do some more checking next time I get see it.

I do believe you are right.

METHINKS IT IS LIKE A WEASEL
It's a small, off-duty czechoslovakian traffic warden!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 30 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds.