Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 15

HYBRID
BANNED

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2005 :  11:33:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HYBRID a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dude

quote:
It seems that the new dogma of life has shifted from religion, to 'science'. When both indoctrinate you to only think a certain way, or shut you down from thinking altogether.

quote:
Evolution is a theory full of holes and lacks much evidence. Pretty much the theory of evolutions takes 'evidence' and creates a story with that with no absolute proof, but absolute proof is what science is based on.

Obviously you have no understanding of what science is. Don't feel to bad though, because most people are just as ignorant as you appear to be.

Dude, I am in college, have been for awhile, I don't know how science works? Ignorant as I appear to be? I don't even have to justify your remarks or acknowledge them, that was just stupid...Next!

The good thing is that you can educate yourself, learn what science is, if you choose to do so. From the tone of your posts I'm betting that you won't though. You appear to be happy with your twisted and narrow minded little worldview.

quote:
We don't have any intermediate species to study, we don't have the exact species that came out of the trees and why, I could do this all day with this holey theory, but the point is that there is hardly anything definite about the theory. You have got some skeletons, and an imagination which created the whole thing. This is a contradiction, on the behalf of science as well as people.

Please, stop saying that bones and a theory is emperical evidence to make this weak ass theory true. So the species came out of the trees because they say so, where is the ABSOLUTE PROOF you require so much. Please stop saying the same things over and over again. This is a contradiction!NEXT

And now you think evolution isn't solidly evidenced. The hallmark of the truly ignorant is evolution denial. Just fire up google (I think that the link has been provided for you already in this thread) and do a search for "talk origins". Go to their evidence for evolution archive.

Oh, and GL with the root canal.... a procedure, fyi, developed through the use of science. Make sure you follow your doctors instructions to the letter after the procedure.

Of course I will. But I will stay away from the highly toxic sodium flouride they love to give ya'.I did not say that science is all bad. Anything is nuetral in life, its the people who abuse it.

And welcome to the SFN.

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2005 :  11:36:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:
Yeah right, remains unfalsified, that is funny. Did you read what I wrote back then. Evolution is a theory full of holes and lacks much evidence. Pretty much the theory of evolutions takes 'evidence' and creates a story with that with no absolute proof, but absolute proof is what science is based on.
We don't have any intermediate species to study, we don't have the exact species that came out of the trees and why, I could do this all day with this holey theory, but the point is that there is hardly anything definite about the theory. You have got some skeletons, and an imagination which created the whole thing. This is a contradiction, on the behalf of science as well as people.

Holes, eh? You want it all served to you in one lump, is that it? Just like the creationists claim (without a single, pathetic shread of evidence beyond blather)? The theory of evolution is and will always be a work in progress, as is all science.

But look at the holes that have been and are being filled in:

Thecodonts.

Human decent.

Macroevolution.

And so forth.

Thus, you have put forth a claim, and now I'll ask you to defend it. Do explain, with evidence and reference, that the so-called 'holes' in any way falsify the theory of evolution.

Just because we don't know, yet, does not mean that some supernatural entity did it by default.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

HYBRID
BANNED

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2005 :  11:45:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HYBRID a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by filthy

quote:
Yeah right, remains unfalsified, that is funny. Did you read what I wrote back then. Evolution is a theory full of holes and lacks much evidence. Pretty much the theory of evolutions takes 'evidence' and creates a story with that with no absolute proof, but absolute proof is what science is based on.

Holes, eh? You want it all served to you in one lump, is that it? Just like the creationists claim (without a single, pathetic shread of evidence beyond blather)? The theory of evolution is and will always be a work in progress, as is all science.

But look at the holes that have been and are being filled in:

Thecodonts.

Human decent.

Macroevolution.

And so forth.

Thus, you have put forth a claim, and now I'll ask you to defend it. Do explain, with evidence and reference, that the so-called 'holes' in any way falsify the theory of evolution.

Just because we don't know, yet, does not mean that some supernatural entity did it by default.

And this was the basis of being a skeptic. Remember a while back, someone tried to get on me by saying that just because we don't know, does not mean we cannot assume, well that's exactly what you just did. And that's what the followers of evoltuion do, period. Who said anything about supernatural? The holes in the theory are simple, and don't feel the need to repeat myself.

You 'skeptics' are not very convincing either. I am not a creationist, in the way you think of it as in religion. But I don't buy that comsic accident either. Which, if you think about it, that is another assumtion not allowed by science. Contradiction after contradiction.

Go to Top of Page

HYBRID
BANNED

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2005 :  11:52:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HYBRID a Private Message
Uhh, anyone? Alrighty then!
Go to Top of Page

furshur
SFN Regular

USA
1536 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2005 :  11:58:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send furshur a Private Message
Hybrid said
quote:
The holes in the theory are simple, and don't feel the need to repeat myself.

I read your post and the closest you came to identifying a hole in the toE is that (paraphrasing) people evolving from apes in trees is stupid. Please point out the simple holes in the theory.

If I knew then what I know now then I would know more now than I know.
Go to Top of Page

HYBRID
BANNED

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2005 :  12:15:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HYBRID a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by furshur

Hybrid said
quote:

I read your post and the closest you came to identifying a hole in the toE is that (paraphrasing) people evolving from apes in trees is stupid. Please point out the simple holes in the theory.

Hmm, How about the fact that there are no 0 species still evolving on the level humans did supposedly. No species in the intermediate stages. HOw about if you think you can find out everything about the earth's history or humankind's history just by digging ten feet in the earth, and looking at remains you are being naive and furthermore ridiculous. And that is just for starters. I could go on forever. I don't have enough time to expose them all.

How about the fact that an evolutionary jump was made in the last 100,000 years that should not have been possible, homo-erectus to sapien. No intermediate stages. How about, scientists have found foot prints and bones that were supposedly hominids, but could not tell the differenc between them and apes. How anout the countless evidence which contradicts the damn thing altogether. http://www.s8int.com/index.html http://www.s8int.com/index.html http://www.world-mysteries.com/sar.htm http://www.world-mysteries.com/sci.htm http://www.mcremo.com/ http://www.forbiddenarcheology.com/ http://www.unitedearth.com.au/forbidden.html

I could do this all day, but I don't think it will make you think any harder. Because ultimately, that is what I am going for. I am not trying to convince anybody anything. But to dismiss all this info with 'science' is ridiculous, period.
Edited by - HYBRID on 07/12/2005 13:34:11
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2005 :  12:40:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:
And this was the basis of being a skeptic. Remember a while back, someone tried to get on me by saying that just because we don't know, does not mean we cannot assume, well that's exactly what you just did. And that's what the followers of evoltuion do, period. Who said anything about supernatural? The holes in the theory are simple, and don't feel the need to repeat myself.

You 'skeptics' are not very convincing either. I am not a creationist, in the way you think of it as in religion. But I don't buy that comsic accident either. Which, if you think about it, that is another assumtion not allowed by science. Contradiction after contradiction.

This is your defense then? This and the unwarrented implication that scientists are congenital liars on a par with Jerry Falwell. HYBRID, that is drivel!

And you obviously failed to open the links I provided. A pity; I'd liked to have seen your refutation of them.

But ok, ok. Debris gone out with the tide I 'spect. Let's try a little different tack: you claim not to be a creationist as we understand the term, yet consider the ToE to be tripe, correct?

So, what then do you have in place of them, and what guides your thinking in that direction?

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

HYBRID
BANNED

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2005 :  13:09:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HYBRID a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by filthy

quote:

You 'skeptics' are not very convincing either. I am not a creationist, in the way you think of it as in religion. But I don't buy that comsic accident either. Which, if you think about it, that is another assupmtion not allowed by science. Contradiction after contradiction.

This is your defense then? This and the unwarrented implication that scientists are congenital liars on a par with Jerry Falwell. HYBRID, that is drivel!

No.My defense is and has been that we create our own reality in our minds first. Most of those scientists were just trying to do their jobs and contribute to the world, and I am not calling all of them liars. My point is that scientists have rules that they don't always follow, as in cases such as the theory of evolution for reasons I have stated previously.That is why it is called just a theory, but people take it like a 'biblical fact', when in reality, YOU CANNOT PROVE IT!

People think evolution is all there is, therefore, in there minds, that is all that will be. And for some, that is all that will be. We do have the ability to change our realities thought, although I doubt any of you will.

If one person says that the theory works this way, and it is widely accepted, some scientists under him may be instructed to follow this way or method, or they may respect the opinion of that person and not check his work. You could have generations all focusing on some bullcrap, and not even know, whole heartedly.

And you obviously failed to open the links I provided. A pity; I'd liked to have seen your refutation of them.

Guess what, I have taken plenty of college course on human origins and prehistory. Your information was something I have been aware of, and anybody with a college(education) , high school, ged, pc can find out. My Neice knows what australopithcus is, and she is in the 4rd grade. Please do not insult me. Did you check my websites thoroughly? Probably not, oh well.

All you have is a nice fossil record, and some really bad ideas, period! Well I won't say bad, just not very accurate.

But ok, ok. Debris gone out with the tide I 'spect. Let's try a little different tack: you claim not to be a creationist as we understand the term, yet consider the ToE to be tripe, correct?

Quit using your little 'skeptic anecdotes' and catch phrases and talk to me on a common ground, okay buddy? I don't know what it meas okay.

So, what then do you have in place of them, and what guides your thinking in that direction?

Rationality and intuition guides me. Science focuses on one, religion the other. And that is why neither side will be able to see the any whole truths. Also becasue both sides are run or distorted by the same malevolent "force".

Edited by - HYBRID on 07/12/2005 13:11:15
Go to Top of Page

HYBRID
BANNED

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2005 :  13:14:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HYBRID a Private Message
Let me clear this up by saying that science in itself is not dogmatic, it is the powers that guide it that makes it that way. Science is a great thing when in the hands of the people, unforntunately, this is not totally the case.But in my reality, using my brain and evalutaing things myself, when trying to live in an infinite reality and cosmos, can be as important if not more sometimes than what some have used science to dictate what is totally true and totally not true.

You do realize that space is infinite, as in it goes on forever, as in we will never see all of it...
Edited by - HYBRID on 07/12/2005 13:30:30
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2005 :  14:00:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by HYBRID

Let me clear this up by saying that science in itself is not dogmatic, it is the powers that guide it that makes it that way. Science is a great thing when in the hands of the people, unforntunately, this is not totally the case.But in my reality, using my brain and evalutaing things myself, when trying to live in an infinite reality and cosmos, can be as important if not more sometimes than what some have used science to dictate what is totally true and totally not true.

You do realize that space is infinite, as in it goes on forever, as in we will never see all of it...

OK, Ace. You've finally succeeded in tweaking me off.

You write at length concerning subjects you have absolutely no knowledge of as evidenced by your repeated claims that there is no body of evidence to support evolution. Likewise, you make unsupported assertions and then don't back them up. And I swear to God, if you use the "common sense" arguement, I'm gonna scream.

You write much to appear wise, but reveal instead your ignorance on the subjects.

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

HYBRID
BANNED

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2005 :  14:12:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HYBRID a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Valiant Dancer

quote:

And you are...

You write at length concerning subjects you have absolutely no knowledge of as evidenced by your repeated claims that there is no body of evidence to support evolution.

Any cop can take a crime scene and make an innocent man guilty, what is your point? You can take bones from the earth and make them anything you want just by saying the words, and it still does not prove anything, junior, so calm down. I never repeated there was no evidence for a theory of evolution.

I said that evolution given the evidence in nature, and not in specific instances, is not a very good theory and has many problems that people do not wish to identify or acknowledge. Either due to ignorance or by choice.

Likewise, you make unsupported assertions and then don't back them up. And I swear to God, if you use the "common sense" arguement, I'm gonna scream.

What assertations? Common sense? Anyway...

You write much to appear wise, but reveal instead your ignorance on the subjects.

How so?I haven't revealed that much of what I really know, so slow down. When certain things need to be address, I shall address them, but first things first, you are avoiding some interesting things that I have previously posted either in website or post, do you know what they are? Will you address them please, before going off the deep end buddy, your kind of scary me here?
Go to Top of Page

HYBRID
BANNED

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2005 :  14:14:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HYBRID a Private Message
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by furshur

Hybrid said
quote:

AND I SAY AGAIN... Hmm, How about the fact that there are no 0 species still evolving on the level humans did supposedly. No species in the intermediate stages. HOw about if you think you can find out everything about the earth's history or humankind's history just by digging ten feet in the earth, and looking at remains you are being naive and furthermore ridiculous. And that is just for starters. I could go on forever. I don't have enough time to expose them all.

How about the fact that an evolutionary jump was made in the last 100,000 years that should not have been possible, homo-erectus to sapien. No intermediate stages. How about, scientists have found foot prints and bones that were supposedly hominids, but could not tell the differenc between them and apes. How anout the countless evidence which contradicts the damn thing altogether. http://www.s8int.com/index.html http://www.s8int.com/index.html http://www.world-mysteries.com/sar.htm http://www.world-mysteries.com/sci.htm http://www.mcremo.com/ http://www.forbiddenarcheology.com/ http://www.unitedearth.com.au/forbidden.html

I could do this all day, but I don't think it will make you think any harder. Because ultimately, that is what I am going for. I am not trying to convince anybody anything. But to dismiss all this info with 'science' is ridiculous, period.

Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2005 :  14:23:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message
quote:

Space, although very big, is not infinite.

Stay in school there, buddy. Maybe one day you'll actually learn or thing or two and cease coming off like an arrogant ass who is stupid enough to believe that scientists know less about their chosen fields of study than you do. Seriously, your claims are senseless and paranoid, your accusations baseless, and your ego vastly over-inflated. At your age, you should STFU and try to learn a little bit before you go around spewing tripe about subjects you don't understand. And it's clear you don't understand them from your mischaracterizations of them, so don't bother wasting your breath about how much you've read or know.

You pride yourself on the fact that you're self-educated, but it's clear you had a shitty teacher.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Edited by - H. Humbert on 07/12/2005 14:24:24
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2005 :  14:27:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Valiant Dancer

quote:

And you are...

A member here. Your condescention without reason is really aggrivating. I would suggest that continuing to use it will just piss more people off.

quote:

You write at length concerning subjects you have absolutely no knowledge of as evidenced by your repeated claims that there is no body of evidence to support evolution.

Any cop can take a crime scene and make an innocent man guilty, what is your point? You can take bones from the earth and make them anything you want just by saying the words, and it still does not prove anything, junior, so calm down. I never repeated there was no evidence for a theory of evolution.

I said that evolution given the evidence in nature, and not in specific instances, is not a very good theory and has many problems that people do not wish to identify or acknowledge. Either due to ignorance or by choice.

Gee. more condescention. 38 year olds really love that. I ain't your junior. Knock it off.

No amount of hand waving makes the body of evidence that evolution occurs go away. Have you never heard of a strain of flavobacterium that lives off of nylon? Since nylon is a synthetic molecule and no flavobacterium could process it prior to it's invention in the 1930's, thats a pretty strong statement for the existance of evolution.

At this point, you have shown exactly no evidence general or specific concerning the flaws in evolution. Really, support your assertation.

quote:

Likewise, you make unsupported assertions and then don't back them up. And I swear to God, if you use the "common sense" arguement, I'm gonna scream.

What assertations? Common sense? Anyway...

Common anti-science/anti-evolution tactic. A claim that common sense dictates that the theory cannot be true.

quote:

How so?I haven't revealed that much of what I really know, so slow down. When certain things need to be address, I shall address them, but first things first, you are avoiding some interesting things that I have previously posted either in website or post, do you know what they are? Will you address them please, before going off the deep end buddy, your kind of scary me here?

You have shown your arguementation style. It speaks volumes about your knowledge.

The posting style is familiar. Hmmmmm.

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

HYBRID
BANNED

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2005 :  14:36:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HYBRID a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by H. Humbert

quote:

Space, although very big, is not infinite.

Stay in school there, buddy. Maybe one day you'll actually learn or thing or two and cease coming off like an arrogant ass who is stupid enough to believe that scientists know less about their chosen fields of study than you do.

I said this when? I am is school, and I am older than you think!You are assuming a lot of shit with no premise other than your bad attitude!Space IS infinite, I don't know who you get your info from, probably a scientists who has never seen all of space. Guess what, no one has. So saying you found an ending, bullcrap. I have got scientists too who say space IS infinite, now what?

Seriously, your claims are senseless and paranoid, your accusations baseless, and your ego vastly over-inflated.

Man, what the fuck are you talking about dude? You got that line from drama class or something. Paranoid? You mean the FACT that people kill each other everyday and don't give a fuck, this government included, so you are gotdamn right. At what point are people not getting killed? What imaginary world do you live in where everone just love eachother and gets along, and the world leaders care about there people because they are just nice, godly like, get the fuck out of here!?

At your age, you should STFU and try to learn a little bit before you go around spewing tripe about subjects you don't understand.

You have no way of knowing, 0, of what I do and don't understand. At my age, dude, I provide for a family and been taking care of me since 16, what is your point?

And it's clear you don't understand them from your mischaracterizations of them, so don't bother wasting your breath about how much you've read or know.

At this point, your just blah blah blah...

You pride yourself on the fact that you're self-educated, but it's clear you had a shitty teacher.

Self educated, man you are out of it. You haven't paid attention to anything. And that line you used is as about as tired a guy jacking off to 2 viagra, exhausted!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.44 seconds.