Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic 
Page: of 16

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2006 :  15:39:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
Well now that that's settled, GK, you can take on some of these Biblical contradictions, then these absurdities, and if you have time, this bad science.

Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2006 :  15:49:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message
Yeah, if I were you I wouldn't want to discuss those 2 quotes anymore either.

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

GK Paul
Skeptic Friend

USA
306 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2006 :  16:39:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send GK Paul a Private Message
Christianity is about the Good News of Christ. The light of the world. You don't have to give up your personality when you come to Christ. God has given each person gifts and talents. Some of you are focusing on the negative. Christ said I came to bring you abundant life. God doesn't want anyone to perish (but God will punish sin) All you have to do is to admit your a sinner and be sincere; and humble yourself and ask Christ into your heart. Ask Christ to help you to fight sin and your temptations because your not strong enough to do it on your own. Give all your cares and burdens to Christ.

You or me will never be able to figure out everything about the Bible or Evolution or the beginning of the world. But we can have peace and happiness by coming to Christ. And He will guide you and help you. And than maybe you can better use your talents to make the world a better place. The choice is yours but there may come a time when its too late and God will give up on you. Like He gave up on a lot of people in the Old Testament. Like I said, you won't have to give up who you are, but their will be a renewing of your spirit and your mind. Ask God to help you in coming to Him and He will. Peace be with you and with your Spirit.

"Something cannot come from nothing" -- Ken Tanaka - geologist

"The existence of a Being endowed with intelligence and wisdom is a necessary inference from a study of celestial mechanics" --Sir Isaac Newton

GK Paul
Edited by - GK Paul on 09/06/2006 16:42:39
Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2006 :  16:45:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message
We ARE trying to make the world a better place...

You want to believe because it makes you feel good. Cool with me. Just don't force yourself on others. And in the future, if you don't want to be "persecuted", don't invite yourself into a place where people who don't agree with you are, and then start arguments, and then abandon them.

And if you are all about love, quit reading Coulter. If you really believe in Jesus, then Coulter should be the last books you would be reading.

And I hope god doesn't give up on people like he did in the OT; if he does, there will be a lot of dead bodies lying around.

Peace out!

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2006 :  18:49:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message
Proselytizing should be against the forum rules.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

GeeMack
SFN Regular

USA
1093 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2006 :  20:12:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send GeeMack a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by GK Paul...

Ask Christ to help you to fight sin and your temptations because your not strong enough to do it on your own.
Oh, I see what you mean. Christianity is for pussies.
Go to Top of Page

GK Paul
Skeptic Friend

USA
306 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2006 :  21:15:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send GK Paul a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by beskeptigal

Well now that that's settled, GK, you can take on some of these Biblical contradictions, then these absurdities, and if you have time, this bad science.

Well thank you for bringing those inconsistencies in. They just prove that Christ "needed" to come. If man was perfect, without sin, and had perfect understanding of God (and thus no inconsistencies) than Christ never would have needed to come; and the death on the Cross was just a waste of time. Even Christ Himself while in His Earthly Body was not perfect. It wasn't until He paid the price on the Cross(for man's sin) and rose from the dead, that all power over hell death and the grave had been given to Him (by God The Father).

"The existence of a Being endowed with intelligence and wisdom is a necessary inference from a study of celestial mechanics" --Sir Isaac Newton

GK Paul
Edited by - GK Paul on 09/06/2006 21:53:42
Go to Top of Page

GK Paul
Skeptic Friend

USA
306 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2006 :  21:32:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send GK Paul a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by GeeMack

quote:

Ask Christ to help you to fight sin and your temptations because your not strong enough to do it on your own.

Evander Holyfield, the guy who defeated Mike Tyson twice, is a born again Christian. If you ever see him, why don't you mention that to him and see what he says. (or better yet, why don't you challenge him to a fight in the ring)

GK Paul
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2006 :  21:50:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by GK Paul

quote:

quote:

Evander Holyfield, the guy who defeated Mike Tyson twice, is a born again Christian. If you ever see him, why don't you mention that to him and see what he says. (or better yet, why don't you challenge him to a fight in the ring)

My daddy is stronger than your daddy.

(Besides, I'm sure GeeMack meant intellectual pussies. I would have, had I written it)

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Ghost_Skeptic
SFN Regular

Canada
510 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2006 :  22:15:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Ghost_Skeptic a Private Message
quote:

quote:

quote:

Attempting to give another human being sufficient brain damage so that they lose consciousness for at least 10 seconds sounds like a good occupation for a follower of the "Prince of Peace".

More Hypochristianity.

"You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. / You can send a kid to college but you can't make him think." - B.B. King

History is made by stupid people - The Arrogant Worms

"The greater the ignorance the greater the dogmatism." - William Osler

"Religion is the natural home of the psychopath" - Pat Condell

"The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin, will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter" - Thomas Jefferson
Go to Top of Page

GK Paul
Skeptic Friend

USA
306 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2006 :  01:45:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send GK Paul a Private Message
I've been criticized for my belief that Darwinism played an important role in Nazi idealogy. Please go to my last post in the Ann Coulter Book forum page 15 and I share some facts that support my opinion,

GK Paul
Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2006 :  02:11:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by beskeptigal

Well thank you for bringing those inconsistencies in. They just prove that Christ "needed" to come. If man was perfect, without sin, and had perfect understanding of God (and thus no inconsistencies) than Christ never would have needed to come; and the death on the Cross was just a waste of time. Even Christ Himself while in His Earthly Body was not perfect. It wasn't until He paid the price on the Cross(for man's sin) and rose from the dead, that all power over hell death and the grave had been given to Him (by God The Father).
In your post, your first end quote is in the wrong place, GK, making it look like I said the whole thing though I think it is clear who said what there. I have corrected it here.

Your post makes no sense. Your god is supposed to be infallable. Your god supposedly has produced a Bible through men as authors to tell people about the Lord and the rules. Yet the text is so full of nonsense, it is rendered useless.

Either God communicates via "your heart" or through prayers or what ever, or the Bible contains the important information. If communication is direct, you don't need a Bible, if communication is via the Bible how is anyone expected to follow it when there are so many contradictions and absurdities?

Your answer is as silly as the text itself.

Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2006 :  06:16:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message
quote:

I've been criticized for my belief that Darwinism played an important role in Nazi idealogy. Please go to my last post in the Ann Coulter Book forum page 15 and I share some facts that support my opinion,

Except the "facts" are reguritated lies.

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

Fripp
SFN Regular

USA
727 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2006 :  06:55:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Fripp a Private Message
quote:
I stand by my logic.

Meaning: It makes no sense in any other place than the fantasy world of my mind.

quote:
I will not comment anymore about those 2 quotes.

Meaning: I just had my ass handed to me on a plate. I can't win on intellect, so, in essence, I'm going to quit while I'm behind.

quote:
If you don't like my logic than you don't like my logic.

Meaning: It only make sense if you suspend all rational thought.

quote:
If you or anyone else doesn't believe in the bible than you have the free will to make that decision. Christ says in Mark 16;16 he that believes(your preaching) and is baptized shall be saved. He that believes not shall be damned. You can believe or not believe it. It's your free choice.

OK, then why are you here? You know what this site is all about, yet came unarmed and got your clock cleaned. You came spoiling for a fight, thinking that (armed with your Bible and the love of God) you were going to put us "evil, atheist/satanists" in our place.

News for you-I've lurked this site for a long time and watched many of you naive, God-fearers come in here hoping to put fear of righteousness in us. EVERY tactic that you use (ignoring facts, LYING **yes, I am calling you a LIAR, as well as a gutless turd...and yes, that's a personal attack**, dodging arguments, throwing red herrings, ad infinitum) has been used before. You are just another in a long line of those who will fail, yet again, to see the truth: you are a mindless sheep without an ounce of critical thinking ability.

Face it, admit that you are trying to start a fight and you've bitten off much more than you can chew. If you think you will get eternal salvation and that we will burn in hell, why are you concerned?

"What the hell is an Aluminum Falcon?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. I thought my Dark Lord of the Sith could protect a small thermal exhaust port that's only 2-meters wide! That thing wasn't even fully paid off yet! You have any idea what this is going to do to my credit?!?!"

"What? Oh, oh, 'just rebuild it'? Oh, real [bleep]ing original. And who's gonna give me a loan, jackhole? You? You got an ATM on that torso LiteBrite?"
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2006 :  07:55:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:

I stand by my logic. I will not comment anymore about those 2 quotes. If you don't like my logic than you don't like my logic.
The pathetic part is that you don't seem to care that your logic is extrabiblical and obviously unsupported by facts.
quote:
If you or anyone else doesn't believe in the bible than you have the free will to make that decision. Christ says in Mark 16;16 he that believes(your preaching) and is baptized shall be saved. He that believes not shall be damned. You can believe or not believe it. It's your free choice.
Show us where Christ preached that Paul was talking about a light and not a voice. He didn't, did he? Of course not.

GK Paul, you are bearing false witness against GOD HIMSELF with your clear implication that your "logic" about those two verses is something that Jesus preached.

You should be ashamed of your behaviour here. By making yourself look like a ridiculously poor liar (one who is so easily caught), you are driving people further away from the "truth" you so want them all to know.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Previous Topic Topic   
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.59 seconds.