Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic 
Page: of 16

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2006 :  08:43:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by GK Paul

quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Mabuse

Now you are blurting out falsehoods again, like a mindless parrot. It looks like you have no clue what satanists think or believe.
How about this quote from Wikipedia:
quote:
Satanism is a term that may refer to a religious, semi-religious, and/or philosophical movement. The term is normally applied by non-Satanists to those individuals who worship the entity called "Satan," and advocate the triumph of evil forces over good in the universe; however, members of the Church of Satan, the most organized Satanic group, reject this common association, as they do not actually believe in a being called "Satan," and use his name only as a symbolic allusion to certain materialistic and individualistic values.
(emphasis above mine)

You say Satanists don't worship a being called Satan. But I believe they do believe in a being called Lucifer. Do they or don't they believe in a currently living being known as Lucifer.

I thought that quote/link from wikipedia was clear enough. Is there something wrong with you reading/comprehension skills?
A large majority of professed Satanists reject Satan as a being named Lucifer). There is a small minority who do believe in a theistic Satan/Lucifer, but they absolutely do not count in the grand scheme of things...

Will you please answer my question now?

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

GK Paul
Skeptic Friend

USA
306 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2006 :  08:57:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send GK Paul a Private Message
I've been asked why was it necessary that Jesus had to die on the cross?

Well I don't have a lot of time to read what other Christians say about this so I'll give the best answer I can.

Sin is a serious matter to God. He is not flippant about it and He deeply cares about it. God loves humanity deeply, And that is what distinguishes the God of Christianity from other gods. For God so "loved" the world that He gave His only Begotten Son. (John 3-16). Christ said No greater love has a person than to lay down his life for someone. Christ wept and asked God the Father if there was any other way, to please do it another way. But there was no other way to pay for all the past sins of humanity according to God.

And therein is the great power of the cross. The power to get people off drugs, the power to overcome depression, the power to save marriages, the power to heal, and on and on. The Christian God is mostly a God about love. But as I said before He is serious about sin; because in His Holy perfection sin is repulsive to God. But in His wisdom He gave us a way to be redeemed. And in a way that shows His great love for mankind.

"Something cannot come from nothing" -- Ken Tanaka - geologist

"The existence of a Being endowed with intelligence and wisdom is a necessary inference from a study of celestial mechanics" --Sir Isaac Newton

GK Paul
Edited by - GK Paul on 09/10/2006 09:17:12
Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2006 :  09:23:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message
Too bad god couldn't have gotten that love thing right from the beginning...then we wouldn't have had the flood where he killed off everyone, or maybe when he told elijah to kill all the baal infidels, or when he destroyed everyone in sodom and gomorrah, or when he sent all the plagues and killed off the first born children in egypt (after first making sure the pharoah doesn't listen to moses - so much for free will), or this gem:

Numbers 25:6 And, behold, one of the children of Israel came and brought unto his brethren a Midianitish woman in the sight of Moses, and in the sight of all the congregation of the children of Israel, who were weeping before the door of the tabernacle of the congregation.
25:7 And when Phinehas, the son of Eleazar, the son of Aaron the priest, saw it, he rose up from among the congregation, and took a javelin in his hand;
25:8 And he went after the man of Israel into the tent, and thrust both of them through, the man of Israel, and the woman through her belly. So the plague was stayed from the children of Israel.
25:9 And those that died in the plague were twenty and four thousand
25:10 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying
25:11 Phinehas, the son of Eleazar, the son of Aaron the priest, hath turned my wrath away from the children of Israel, while he was zealous for my sake among them, that I consumed not the children of Israel in my jealousy.

Well, I could continue with many more examples, but I think my point is made. No wonder christians like to cherry pick the OT. The OT doesn't make god look all that wholesome.

I also take it that the Lucifer issue and all the other issues that you start and do not finish will continue to be left untouched by you while you attempt to witness to us.

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Edited by - pleco on 09/10/2006 09:29:52
Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2006 :  11:22:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message
As this page has extended past 15 pages, I'll lock it following SFN convention.

If you want to continue discussion, I have opened a new thread here.
Edited by - Cuneiformist on 09/10/2006 11:25:53
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Previous Topic Topic   
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds.