Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 16

bigbrain
BANNED

409 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2005 :  22:35:15  Show Profile Send bigbrain a Private Message
See you again soon

"Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit" (Flattery gets friends, truth hatred)
Publius Terentius Afer, "Terence", Roman dramatist

Edited by - bigbrain on 09/20/2005 10:24:15

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2005 :  01:44:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by bigbrain

See you again soon

Okey-dokey...

When you return, you might want to comment on this:

It's a pretty neat piece of engineering, and three of them are still on the moon. A few more, and NASA can start a lunar salvage yard...
quote:

Designing a car up to the task was quite a challenge for the engineers at NASA and General Motors who built the car -- which they called the "Lunar Roving Vehicle."

The moon rover had to be large enough to drive over big rocks and in and out of craters, but small enough to be tucked into the astronauts' spaceship. It had to be strong enough to support the astronauts and their heavy equipment, but light enough to send to the Moon. And it must not break down -- the astronauts couldn't risk getting stranded.

"We had all kinds of things we had to think about -- what might, could happen," said Otha "Skeet" Vaughan Jr., a retired NASA engineer who worked on the project.

The importance of safety and reliability ruled out some of the more unusual designs. To find the best way to get around on the Moon, the engineers played with ideas for vehicles that walked, crawled, jumped and even flew over the Moon's surface, according to Vaughan.

"We had all kinds of different concepts, but it eventually came down to [this] -- we had to have something simple," Vaughan said. "And something simple was something like a Jeep."

But a regular Jeep would be far too heavy to launch into space.

Now, if I were arguing from your point of view, I would first check with General Motors and verify whether or not they built the Rovers -- dat ol' debbel, de paper trail again, eh ? But, I am not arguing from there, thank the Spagetti Monster. 'Cause if GM actually built these things, I'd have no place to stand unless to claim that it was all smoke and mirrors, and they were in on the conspiricy as well, the scoundrels. And without evidential verification, I'd get a rough ride at SFN.

I find it a little hard to accept that this contractor and all of the others involved in NASA's Space Program were in on the gaff. That's just too many people who would have to keep their stupid gobs shut, and as a general rule, Homo sapiens is incapable maintaining silence for any length of time, especally on a story as big as this one could be.

So I ask: where are all of the expose books? If there were such a conspiricy, there is a potential for thousands of them, and publishers would get off large dollars for a factual one. Hell, if I had the information and could back it up, I'd write one mydamnself.

Do hurry back....

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2005 :  06:36:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message
quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
quote:

Originally posted by filthy

How many have been 'swindled' by NASA and to what end? What methods and strategems were used in the alledged swindle?

When answering, give documentary reference, and personal testimony of the victim(s) if available.

Billions of people believe in God, nevertheless God doesn't exist. They are swindled when they are children and most of them will ever believe in him.

Maybe in this forum most of skeptic friends were children during the fake landing on the moon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You didn't answer the question.

You follow up comparing belief in something unmeasurable and undetectable with something which was very measurable and detectable. To support your lies, you have to ignore the thousands of independant verifications by private citizens and construct a crazy quilt of conspiracies involving hundreds of thousands of people.

Back then 8 guys couldn't keep their yap shut on the Watergate break in. But, magically, we are expected to believe that thousands of scientists (which if you've ever talked to one, you'd know the problem isn't to get them to talk about their work, the problem is getting them to shut up) would keep absolutely silent about a conspiracy of this magnatude. In addition, you are expecting us to believe that no craft containing humans (even when independantly verified through direct observation by amateur astronomers) has ever safely re-entered the atmosphere.

To add the icing on the cake, you expect us to take you at your word because you just so happen to be from Italy. Land of La Cosa Nostra, Moussolini, and Da Vinci. So friggin what. You are none of these people or members of these organizations and have shown your lack of grasp on reality.

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

bigbrain
BANNED

409 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2005 :  10:59:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bigbrain a Private Message

Now, if I were arguing from your point of view, I would first check with General Motors and verify whether or not they built the Rovers.

They built the Rovers but these vehicles have been used to make the fake film on Lunar Landing in some desert place.

Also Lunar Module has been built to make the film but it has never seen the moon.

Also Lunar Module Columbia has been built to make the famous splashdown.

To make films you need a lot of money.

Those who have built rockets, lunar modules, capsules, thought to build spacecrafts that NASA buffoons would have used to land on the moon.

A few persons knew of the swindle.

Then your first mission to the moon is slated for 2018.
Will 13 years be enough to make another film with stars in the sky?

Originally posted by Valiant Dancer

To add the icing on the cake, you expect us to take you at your word because you just so happen to be from Italy. Land of La Cosa Nostra, Moussolini, and Da Vinci. So friggin what.

You must say: Land of Cosa Nostra and Mussolini.

Remember that culture developped thanks to the Greeks and the Romans, little cow boy.

Edited by - bigbrain on 09/20/2005 11:16:37
Go to Top of Page

bigbrain
BANNED

409 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2005 :  11:14:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bigbrain a Private Message
error

Edited by - bigbrain on 09/20/2005 11:17:31
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2005 :  11:39:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:

Now, if I were arguing from your point of view, I would first check with General Motors and verify whether or not they built the Rovers.

They built the Rovers but these vehicles have been used to make the fake film on Lunar Landing in some desert place.

Also Lunar Module has been built to make the film but it has never seen the moon.

Those who have built rockets, lunar modules, capsules, thought to build spacecrafts that NASA buffoons would have used to land on the moon.

Damn Sam, I am prescient! I predicted it almost to the word!

A few persons, you say? What persons, and where were they at the time. What are their qualifations? If they have published, in what journals or magazines? Why have they not lobbied for a congressional inquiry into the malfeasance of NASA?

Where are the rovers now if not on the moon? If they were torn down what became of the parts, most of which were especally designed.

We've already been through the splashdown. You have not even a good guess as to how it might have been faked.

You need one hell of a lot more money to do a moon landing that for some funky film. If it was no more than a film shot in the desert, where did the excess funds go? Where are the payroll records for the actors and film crews? Who was the hot chick with the big tits staring as the Moon Maid?

Paper trail, bigbrain. Follow the money m'man, and the truth will tell you why they locked you up set you free.

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2005 :  11:56:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message
quote:

Originally posted by Valiant Dancer

To add the icing on the cake, you expect us to take you at your word because you just so happen to be from Italy. Land of La Cosa Nostra, Moussolini, and Da Vinci. So friggin what.

You must say: Land of Cosa Nostra and Mussolini.

Remember that culture developped thanks to the Greeks and the Romans, little cow boy.

Get a clue about your own friggin history. Romans WERE friggin Italians. You just can't wave that away.

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

bigbrain
BANNED

409 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2005 :  11:58:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bigbrain a Private Message

If it was no more than a film shot in the desert, where did the excess funds go?

Why are you so obsessed for money?

A lot of money surely never started and never arrived.

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2005 :  12:51:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:

If it was no more than a film shot in the desert, where did the excess funds go?

Why are you so obsessed for money?

A lot of money surely never started and never arrived.

Documented money is hard evidence, just like the rest of the paper trail. Find out who got what, and you make your case. Or not, as the evidence states. And, trust me on this, the kind of money we're talking here would be heavily documented (except in a G.W. Bush administration, an entity lacking in both fisical restraint and ethics as well as moral clarity ).

Any money that never started nor arrived, to sort'a overstate the point, doesn't count as it was never either used nor stolen.

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2005 :  12:55:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Deleted; double post.

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 09/20/2005 13:01:57
Go to Top of Page

bigbrain
BANNED

409 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2005 :  11:35:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bigbrain a Private Message
Why did you never go to the moon, Mars, Saturn, Titan?

Because you haven't made one movie about the most spectacular moments of your enterprises.

You have gone to Mars and to Saturn to demonstrate your power and your superiority to all the world.

Why didn't you film (at 24 frames per second) Mars and Saturn raising out of the darkness of universe while you were going more and more closer to them.

It would have been a fantastic sight that would have demonstrated your power, your superiority.

Why didn't you make films of that extraordinary beauty and why did you make ugly movies with tons of stones made by fisheye lens at few frames per second like films of 1900?

Look at this picture

http://www.apolloarchive.com/apollo_gallery.html
Image AS11-37-5480 Flag and TV camera viewed from LM window

You had a TV camera on the moon: why didn't you film take off of Lunar Module?

It would have been a spectacular, fundamental moment of your enterprise.

And, before splashdown, not even one picture of the Earth, of the exciting impact with atmosphere.

If you had been on the moon, you would have filmed exciting moments, like tourists do in their journeys.

YOU DIDN'T FILM THE MOST IMPORTANT MOMENTS OF YOUR ENTERPRISES BECAUSE, LIKE LYING TOURISTS, YOU NEVER DID THEM.

Edited by - bigbrain on 09/21/2005 11:38:09
Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2005 :  12:33:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message
We did it all just to piss you off.

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2005 :  12:47:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message
quote:
You had a TV camera on the moon: why didn't you film take off of Lunar Module?

We did.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/58/Ap17-ascent.ogg

quote:
If you had been on the moon, you would have filmed exciting moments, like tourists do in their journeys.

http://www.parkes.atnf.csiro.au/apollo11/tv_from_moon.html

Takeoff from earth, stage separation, The Landing, first step, flag, takeoff to command shuttle, splashdown. (I'm sure I'm missing a ton). Yeah, too bad the exciting stuff wasn't filmed. Wait, the film is faked, I forgot. So which is it - no film or fake film?

The following link describes how the Australians got the tv images before NASA did...I guess they were in on the conspiracy too...

http://www.parkes.atnf.csiro.au/apollo11/tv_broadcasts.html

I guess it seems that bigbrain is extremely jealous that non-Italians could do all of this. To the point that he/she will do anything to discredit it - even by making a fool of him/herself. Sounds really familiar. And pathetically sad.

Some light reading: http://www.geocentricity.com/ba1/no90/gotomoon.html

http://www.redzero.demon.co.uk/moonhoax/

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Edited by - pleco on 09/21/2005 13:13:08
Go to Top of Page

bigbrain
BANNED

409 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2005 :  02:28:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bigbrain a Private Message
YOU MUST EXCUSE ME, I'M VERY SORRY.

It's wonderful, marvellous, amazing, astonishing, admirable, extraordinary this movie in which you can see Huygens probe descending through Titan's cloudy atmosphere:

http://saturn.jpl.nasa.gov/operations/huygens-mission.cfm

Turn on audio, you will hear these fantastic words:

"Probe Separation and Transit to Titan

Prior to the probe's separation from the orbiter, the triplicate "coast" timer, or Mission Timer Unit (MTU) was loaded with the precise time necessary to turn on the probe systems (about 4 hours before the initial encounter with Titan's atmosphere). Then the probe separated flawlessly from the orbiter. Cassini turned and imaged Huygens repeatedly as it set out on its 21-day coast to Titan, with no systems active except for its wake-up timer".

Mission Timer Unit (MTU) - Another important acronym to solve a difficult problem.

NASA buffoons are fantastic.

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2005 :  02:41:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:
NASA buffoons are fantastic.

Yeah, as buffoons go, they're pretty good....

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Jumbo

24 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2005 :  02:58:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Jumbo a Private Message
quote:
We did.

Not just once either. It was done on Apollo 15 16 and 17

quote:
Why didn't you film (at 24 frames per second) Mars and Saturn raising out of the darkness of universe while you were going more and more closer to them.

It would have been a fantastic sight that would have demonstrated your power, your superiority.

Why didn't you make films of that extraordinary beauty and why did you make ugly movies with tons of stones made by fisheye lens at few frames per second like films of 1900?

Um lots of the apollo footage is rather high quality espceially given its been transmitted over 250,000 miles. With regards to mars and saturn you do realise than even on the moon you are not appreciably nearer to them for any photos to be markedly different. This make photographing them a little pointless. Its like being a tourist in London and using a gigantic lens to try and take photos of New Yorks Statue of liberty with the reasoning that you are closer to it than when at home in rome! Youd be better off seeing the sights where you are which was the whole point of your trip!

Oh by the way internal photos from the cm during reentry are unlikely to exist as quite frankly the crew had other things to do at the time.
external one doe exist for example:
Apollo14 Reentry
http://reentry.arc.nasa.gov/images/APCV14.JPG
edit:
looks like video may exist after all!
http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/gallery/video/apollo/apollo11/html/earth_reentry.html
By the way it took all of 5 minute to find those links. The answers to your questions are out there within very easy reach...if you choose to look for them that is

The mind is not a vessel to be filled but a fire to be lighted
Edited by - Jumbo on 09/22/2005 03:06:06
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds.