Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

bigbrain
BANNED

409 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2006 :  13:03:14  Show Profile Send bigbrain a Private Message
WHAT A STRANGE SHAPE ON MARS

[Explicit image deleted - Dave W.]

"Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit" (Flattery gets friends, truth hatred)
Publius Terentius Afer, "Terence", Roman dramatist

Edited by - bigbrain on 01/13/2006 13:12:29

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2006 :  13:06:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message
Freud just rolled over in his grave...

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

Bunga
Skeptic Friend

Sweden
74 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2006 :  14:10:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bunga a Private Message
That image is clearly faked. Look at the green lines in the very crude shape of a penis drawn by BigBrain.
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2006 :  14:26:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message
Still no answers on standard questions #1 and #2.

Psychic prediction from me. Dave W will lock this post, too.

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

ronnywhite
SFN Regular

501 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2006 :  14:32:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send ronnywhite a Private Message
I hate to think what Robertson blame this on.

Ron White
Go to Top of Page

bigbrain
BANNED

409 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2006 :  14:35:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bigbrain a Private Message
Originally posted by Valiant Dancer

Still no answers on standard questions #1 and #2.

H. Humbert has already answered:

"I think he's trying to say the Mars tracks have no dimension, no ruts on either side, they just look spraypainted on".

"Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit" (Flattery gets friends, truth hatred)
Publius Terentius Afer, "Terence", Roman dramatist

Go to Top of Page

GeeMack
SFN Regular

USA
1093 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2006 :  17:46:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send GeeMack a Private Message
BB is obviously a troll testing the limits of the admins here to see exactly how far one can go before getting banned. I predict the answer will be found soon.
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2006 :  18:12:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
Posting prophanities is definitly grounds for banning. It's been done before, and our patience is not limitless.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2006 :  19:48:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
From the User Agreement,
In your use of these forums, you agree that you will not post any information which is vulgar, harassing, hateful, threatening, invading of others privacy, sexually oriented, or violates any laws.
So that's the end of bigbrain.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

trogdor
Skeptic Friend

198 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2006 :  22:04:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send trogdor a Private Message
*sob* he was too young...

well it was inevitable. soon he would have to run out of clean Dali paintings. perhaps it would'nt have ended this way if we had translated the standard questions into Italian

all eyes were on Ford Prefect. some of them were on stalks.
-Douglas Adams
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2006 :  22:19:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by trogdor

perhaps it would'nt have ended this way if we had translated the standard questions into Italian
It wouldn't have helped. He has it in for NASA so bad that he ignores the Italians who are busy building satellites for launch. Facts are the completely incomprehensible language for him, not English.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Siberia
SFN Addict

Brazil
2322 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2006 :  08:15:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Siberia's Homepage  Send Siberia an AOL message  Send Siberia a Yahoo! Message Send Siberia a Private Message
Aw. Bye hexaB.

"Why are you afraid of something you're not even sure exists?"
- The Kovenant, Via Negativa

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs."
-- unknown
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2006 :  12:39:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
For all his big claims of being a gown-up, he ended his days like the juvenile he always was.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Randy
SFN Regular

USA
1990 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2006 :  18:27:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Randy a Private Message
bigbrain reminds me much of a rather pesky troll at the Bad Astronomy message board some years back, one called Piper. Some here may remember his posts. His postings at the BA board coincided with that awful Fox network Apollo conspiracy program. As I recall, on numerous Apollo lunar photos of landings, he claimed there was evidence of tiny creatures living on the surface. To better see these creatures in the lunar photos, he instructed us to use a large magnifing glass on ~our own computer monitors~ to view the jpegs. What a riot!
Piper made lots of bizarre claims; of course, no evidence. Plenty of boasting all the time with silly insults. Several times he told the Bad Astronomer to get ready "cause the BA would be soon flippin' burgers and serving fries to him and his family".
Truely, a legend in his own mind.
As a reader and occasional poster there years ago, I saved a number of his posts, just for laughs.

"We are all connected; to each other biologically, to the earth chemically, to the rest of the universe atomically."

"So you're made of detritus [from exploded stars]. Get over it. Or better yet, celebrate it. After all, what nobler thought can one cherish than that the universe lives within us all?"
-Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2006 :  19:24:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
If I'm not mistaken, Piper was known as "SeeThruArt" over on the Straight Dope Message Boards, where he made many of the same arguments.

Mentioning his name(s) here may be tempting fate.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2006 :  23:56:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
Gees, it's about time, Dave. It wasn't like you didn't give him a chance.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds.