New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2006 :  16:43:30  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message
Ok, a friend of mine pointed me to this site.

It is way cool, especially if your computer system has 5.1(or better) sound.

The coolest internet radio, and best quality, that I know of. Whenever I'm sitting and surfing I can't help but load this site up and listen to some tunes.

Enjoy.

(edit: to fix URL link and recognize that Starman linked it sometime last year, not sure how I missed that popst, because I know I'd have been hooked on this site instantly)

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth

Edited by - Dude on 07/12/2006 18:48:25

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2006 :  17:01:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message
That is cool! Thanks!

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2006 :  17:23:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message
Wow, great find. This is an awesome idea. I've only played around with it a little and already I'm hooked. I really like how you can give a "thumbs up" or a "thumbs down" to the song it presents to further hone in on a sound or style you like. I can already tell I'll be spending a lot of time here. Thanks, dude.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Edited by - H. Humbert on 07/12/2006 17:23:35
Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2006 :  17:26:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message
I knew there was a thread on it somewhere around here.

Why continue? Because we must. Because we have the call. Because it is nobler to fight for rationality without winning than to give up in the face of continued defeats. Because whatever true progress humanity makes is through the rationality of the occasional individual and because any one individual we may win for the cause may do more for humanity than a hundred thousand who hug their superstitions to their breast.
- Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2006 :  17:51:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
Hey! This is way cool!!!

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2006 :  18:12:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message
I've been using it for awhile. The only problem is that because their system goes by music style, you get some clashing results in terms of period. Sometimes, I'm just in the mood for classic rock, which may or may not have much in common with, say, Pearl Jam. But when I'm picking something that I feel less connected to temporally (if that makes sens), like Jazz or some such, it's great!
Go to Top of Page

dglas
Skeptic Friend

Canada
397 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2006 :  18:36:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send dglas a Private Message
I've been using Pandora for some time as well. Someone suggeted to me that the best results you'll receive is if you pick individual songs instead of bands, although I haven't followed this advice yet.

So far, I've found four bands that otherwise I'd have never have heard of. I have to admit, I'm pretty happy with that.

--------------------------------------------------
- dglas (In the hell of 1000 unresolved subplots...)
The Presupposition of Intrinsic Evil
+ A Self-Justificatory Framework
= The "Heart of Darkness"
Go to Top of Page

Pernicious

35 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2006 :  01:30:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Pernicious a Private Message
This does rock. I have it on most of the night at work. Another tip, create lots of stations. If you just put in one or two similar artists/songs you like per station, you'll get some neat stuff. If you put in a wide array of stuff in just one station, it takes a lot longer to find some neat stuff. I have twelve stations right now.

As a musician, I find the whole idea behind it very intriguing.

Damn, I wish I thought of this first. Then the tons of emails back and forth to my friends about music could have been productive.

If I was the Supreme Being, I wouldn't muck about with butterflies and dandelions, I'd start with lasers, eight o'clock, Day One!
-Time Bandits
Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2006 :  07:53:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message
Cool thing I didn't notice before. You can click on the picture of the album, then select "Bookmark this song." Then if you click "Account" on the bottom, you can get a list your of bookmarked songs. Works a bit like a wish list.

Why continue? Because we must. Because we have the call. Because it is nobler to fight for rationality without winning than to give up in the face of continued defeats. Because whatever true progress humanity makes is through the rationality of the occasional individual and because any one individual we may win for the cause may do more for humanity than a hundred thousand who hug their superstitions to their breast.
- Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page

Siberia
SFN Addict

Brazil
2322 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2006 :  08:59:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Siberia's Homepage  Send Siberia an AOL message  Send Siberia a Yahoo! Message Send Siberia a Private Message
Yep, old school, that site is. I discovered many an interesting thing via my Rammstein station.

"Why are you afraid of something you're not even sure exists?"
- The Kovenant, Via Negativa

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs."
-- unknown
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds.