Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2006 :  00:44:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dave W.

quote:
Originally posted by HalfMooner

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by HalfMooner

Knock-knock.
Who's there?

Atch.
Eh, that joke works better real-time.

And you had my expectations so high with that joke! Next time, Dave, come up with one that's better suited for forums.

Still, it worked for me.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Edited by - HalfMooner on 10/22/2006 00:52:35
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26021 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2006 :  00:49:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Sorry.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2006 :  01:10:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
Two priests decided to go to Hawaii on vacation. They were determined to make this a real vacation by not wearing anything that would identify them as clergy. As soon as the plane landed, they headed for a store and bought some really outrageous shorts, shirts, sandals, sunglasses, etc...

The next morning, they went to the beach, dressed in their "tourist" garb. They were sitting on beach chairs, enjoying a drink, the sunshine and the scenery when a 'drop dead gorgeous' topless blonde in a thong bikini came walking straight towards them. They couldn't help but stare.

As the blonde passed them, she smiled and said, "Good morning, Father, good morning, Father," nodding and addressing each of them, then moved on.

They were both stunned. How in the world did she know they were priests? The next day, they went back to the store and bought even more outrageous outfits. These were so loud you could HEAR them before you even saw them.

Once again, the two priests (incognito) settled on the beach, in their chairs to enjoy the sunshine. After a while, the same gorgeous topless blonde, wearing a string bikini, taking her sweet time, came walking toward them. Again, she nodded, said "Good morning, Father," at each of them and started to walk away.

One of the priests couldn't stand it any longer and said, "Just a minute, young lady..."

"Yes?" she replied.

"We ARE priests, and proud of it, but I have to know -- how in the world did you KNOW we are priests, dressed as we are?"

"Father," she replied, "it's me, Sister Mary Frances."

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2006 :  01:12:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
quote:

Sorry.

Sorry it worked for me? Oh, don't be!

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2006 :  01:20:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
One afternoon, a wealthy lawyer was riding in his shiny limousine when he saw two men along the roadside eating grass.

Disturbed, he ordered his driver to stop, and he got out to investigate the situation.

He asked one man, "Why are you eating grass?"

"We don't have any money for food," the poor man replied. "We HAVE TO eat grass."

Shocked, the lawyer said, "Well, then, you can come with me to my house, and I'll feed you!"

"But sir, I have a wife and two children with me. They are over there, under that tree."

"Bring them along," the lawyer replied. Turning to the other poor man, he said, "You come with us, too."

The second man said, "But sir, I also have a wife and SIX children with me!"

"Bring them all!" the lawyer answered, and they jammed into the huge limo.

Once underway, one of the poor fellows turned to the lawyer and said, "Sir, you are too kind. Thank you for taking of us with you."

Genuinely touched, the lawyer replied, "Glad to do it! You'll really love my place -- the grass is almost a foot high!"

Go to Top of Page

Ghost_Skeptic
SFN Regular

Canada
510 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2006 :  01:28:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Ghost_Skeptic a Private Message
Very good Mooner

What is the difference between pigs and engineers?

Pigs don't turn into engineers when they get drunk.

"You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. / You can send a kid to college but you can't make him think." - B.B. King

History is made by stupid people - The Arrogant Worms

"The greater the ignorance the greater the dogmatism." - William Osler

"Religion is the natural home of the psychopath" - Pat Condell

"The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin, will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter" - Thomas Jefferson
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2006 :  01:30:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Ghost_Skeptic

Very good Mooner

What is the difference between pigs and engineers?

Pigs don't turn into engineers when they get drunk.

Nice one, Ghost!

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2006 :  01:31:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
Bubba was bragging to his boss one day, "You know, I know everyone there is to know. Just name someone, anyone, and I know them."

Tired of his boasting, his boss called his bluff, "OK, Bubba how about Tom Cruise"?

"Sure, yes, Tom and I are old friends, and I can prove it." So Bubba and his boss fly out to Hollywood and knock on Tom Cruise's door, and sure enough, Tom Cruise, shouts, "Bubba! Great to see you! You and your friend come right in and join me for lunch!"

Although impressed, Bubba's boss is still skeptical. After they leave Cruise's house, he tells Bubba that he thinks Bubba's knowing Cruise was just lucky.

"No, no, just name anyone else," Bubba says.

"President Clinton," his boss quickly retorts.

"Yes," Bubba says, "I know him, let's fly out to Washington."

And off they go. At the White House, Clinton spots Bubba on the tour and motions him and his boss over, saying, "Bubba, what a surprise, I was just on my way to a meeting, but you and your friend come on in and let's have a cup of coffee first and catch up." Well, the boss is very shaken by now, but still not totally convinced.

After they leave the White House grounds, he expresses his doubts to Bubba, who again implores him to name anyone else.

"The Pope," his boss replies.

"Sure!" says Bubba. "My folks are from Poland, and I've known the Pope a long time."

So off they fly to Rome. Bubba and his boss are assembled with the masses in Vatican Square when Bubba says, "This will never work. I can't catch the Pope's eye among all these people. Tell you what, I know all the guards so let me just go upstairs and I'll come out on the balcony with the Pope," and he disappears into the crowd headed toward the Vatican. Sure enough, half an hour later Bubba emerges with the Pope on the balcony. But by the time Bubba returns, he finds that his boss has had a heart attack and is surrounded by paramedics.

Working his way to his boss' side, Bubba asks him, "What happened"?

His boss looks up and says, "I was doing fine until you and the Pope came out on the balcony and the man next to me said, "Who's that on the balcony with Bubba"?

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2006 :  01:42:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
These are entries to a Washington Post competition asking for a rhyme with the most romantic first line but the least romantic second line:

Love may be beautiful, love may be bliss
But I only slept with you, because I was pissed.

I thought that I could love no other
Until, that is, I met your brother.

Roses are red, violets are blue, sugar is sweet, and so are you.
But the roses are wilting, the violets are dead, the sugar bowl's empty and so is your head.

Of loving beauty you float with grace
If only you could hide your face.

Kind, intelligent, loving and hot;
This describes everything you are not.

I want to feel your sweet embrace
But don't take that paper bag off of your face.

I love your smile, your face, and your eyes
Damn, I'm good at telling lies!

My darling, my lover, my beautiful wife:
Marrying you screwed up my life.

I see your face when I am dreaming.
That's why I always wake up screaming.

My love, you take my breath away.
What have you stepped in to smell this way?

My feelings for you no words can tell,
Except for maybe "go to hell".

What inspired this amorous rhyme?
Two parts vodka, one part lime

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2006 :  02:10:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
Four friends, who hadn't seen each other in 30 years, reunited at a party. After several drinks, one of the men had to use the rest room. Those who remained talked about their kids.

The first guy said, "My son is my pride and joy. He started working at a successful company at the bottom of the barrel. He studied Economics and Business Administration and soon began to climb the corporate ladder and now he's the president of the company. He became so rich that he gave his best friend a top of the line Mercedes for his birthday."

The second guy said, "Darn, that's terrific! My son is also my pride and joy. He started working for a big airline, then went to flight school to become a pilot. Eventually he became a partner in the company, where he owns the majority of its assets. He's so rich that he gave his best friend a brand new jet for his birthday.

The third man said: "Well, that's terrific! My son studied in the best universities and became an engineer. Then he started his own construction company and is now a multimillionaire. He also gave away something very nice and expensive to his best friend for his birthday: A 30,000 square foot mansion."

The three friends congratulated each other just as the fourth friend returned from the restroom and asked: "What are all the congratulations for?"

One of the three said: "We were talking about the pride we feel for the successes of our sons. What about your son?"

The fourth man replied: "My son is gay and makes a living dancing as a stripper at a nightclub."

The three friends said: "What a shame! What a disappointment!"

The fourth man replied: "No, I'm not ashamed. He's my son and I love him. And he hasn't done too badly, either. His birthday was two weeks ago, and he received a beautiful 30,000 square foot mansion, a brand new jet and a top of the line Mercedes from his three boyfriends."

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2006 :  02:17:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
A Blonde was down on her luck. In order to raise some money, she decided to kidnap a kid and hold him for ransom.

She went to the playground, grabbed a kid, took him behind a tree, and told him, "I've kidnapped you."

She then wrote a note saying, "I've kidnapped your kid. Tomorrow morning, put $10,000 in a paper bag and put it under the pecan tree next to the slide on the north side of the playground. Signed, A Blonde."

The Blonde then pinned the note to the kid's shirt and sent him home to show it to his parents. The next morning the blonde checked, and sure enough, a paper bag was sitting beneath the pecan tree. The Blonde opened the bag and found the $10,000 with a note that said, "How could you do this to a fellow Blonde?"

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2006 :  04:52:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
A little guy gets on an elevator, looks up and sees this HUGE guy standing next to him. No one else is on the elevator. The elevator door closes. After a few seconds the big guy notices the little guy staring at him, looks down and says, "7 feet tall, 350 pounds, 20 inch penis, 3 pound left testicle, 3 pound right testicle, Turner Brown."

The little guy faints dead away and falls to the floor. The big dude kneels down and brings him to, slapping his face and shaking him, "Hey! What's wrong with you?"

In a very weak voice the little guy says, "Excuse me, but what EXACTLY did you just say to me?"

The big dude replies, "I saw the curious look on your face and figured I'd just give you the answers to the questions everyone always asks me. I'm 7 feet tall, I weigh 350 pounds, I have a 20 inch penis, a 3 pound left testicle, a 3 pound right testicle, and my name, is Turner Brown."

The little guy gives a sigh of relief and says, "Thank God! I thought you said 'turn around!'"

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2006 :  04:14:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
A helicopter with a pilot and a single passenger was flying around above Seattle when a malfunction disabled all of the aircraft's navigation and communications equipment. Due to the darkness and haze, the pilot could not determine the helicopter's position and course to get back to the airport.

The pilot saw a tall building with lights on and flew toward it, the pilot had the passenger draw a handwritten sign reading "WHERE AM I?" and hold it up for the building's occupants to see.

People in the building quickly responded to the aircraft, drew a large sign, and held it in a building window. Their sign said "YOU ARE IN A HELICOPTER."

The pilot smiled, waved, looked at his map, determined the course to steer to SEATAC airport, and landed safely.

After they were on the ground, the passenger asked the pilot how the "YOU ARE IN A HELICOPTER" sign helped determine their position.

The pilot responded "I knew that had to be the Microsoft support building, they gave me a technically correct but entirely useless answer."

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2006 :  04:17:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
A shepherd was herding his flock in a remote pasture when suddenly a brand-new BMW advanced out of the dust cloud towards him. The driver, a young man in a Broni suit, Gucci shoes, Ray Ban sunglasses and YSL tie, leaned out the window and asked the shepherd... "If I tell you exactly how many sheep you have in your flock, will you give me one?"

The shepherd looked at the man, obviously a yuppie, then looked at his peacefully-grazing flock and calmly answered, "Sure."

The yuppie parked his car, whipped out his IBM Thinkpad and connected it to a cell phone, then he surfed to a NASA page on the internet where he called up a GPS satellite navigation system, scanned the area, and then opened up a database and an Excel spreadsheet with complex formulas. He sent an email on his Blackberry and, after a few minutes, received a response. Finally, he prints out a 130 page report on his miniaturized printer then turns to the shepherd and says....... "You have exactly 1586 sheep."

"That is correct; take one of the sheep." said the shepherd. He watches the young man select one of the animals and bundle it into his car.

Then the shepherd says: "If I can tell you exactly what your business is, will you give me back my animal?" "OK, why not." answered the young man.

"Clearly, you are a consultant." said the shepherd. "That's correct." says the yuppie, "but how did you guess that?"

"No guessing required." answers the shepherd. "You turned up here although nobody called you. You want to get paid for an answer I already knew, to a question I never asked, and you don't know crap about my business.... Now give me back my dog."

Go to Top of Page

Hawks
SFN Regular

Canada
1383 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2006 :  18:34:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Hawks's Homepage Send Hawks a Private Message
Late one rainy night, a stranger knocked on the door of a secluded monastery. The abbot opened the door and the stranger asked, while shivering, if he might be able to stay the night. Being from a faith that required him to assist others in need, the abbot let the stranger in and provided him with a small room containing a bed. The stranger then asked if the abbot might kindly lend him an orange, a stick and a piece of string for the night - all under the promise of returning them in "mint condition" in the morning. The abbot thinks the strangers request a bit strange, but being from a faith that discourages curiosity quickly retrieves the items and leaves the stranger alone in his room. Later that night, the abbot hears howls, screams, mad laughter and shrieks coming from the strangers room.

In the morning, while having his breakfast (stale bread and a bit of rank water), the stranger comes up, returns the orange, stick and string; thanks for the hospitality and leaves. The abbot is a bit confued, but due to his faith, thinks no more of it.

On the same night exactly one year later, the stranger returns to the monastery and the abbot once again grants him his wish for accomodation, orange, stick and string. The same sounds again emanate from the strangers room and in the morning everything is returned as the stranger promised. The abbot is, again, curious but maintains his dignity and asks the stranger no questions.

The same procedure happens in exactly the same way for another seven years when again, on the same night exactly one year later still, the stranger returns to the monastery and the abbot once again grants him his wish for accomodation, orange, stick and string. Yet again, the same sounds emanate from the strangers room and in the morning everything is returned as the stranger promised. The abbot is, this time VERY curious. In fact, he can no longer control himself. He asks as modestly as he possibly can:

"excuse me, but for the last ten years you have been coming here on the same date, requested the same items, made strange sounds, returned the items and then left without a word. Forgive me for asking, but what exactly are you doing with that orange, stick and piece of string?"

The stranger looks at the abbot and replies in a mystrious voice:

"I will tell you. But you have to promise not to tell anyone else. This is important"

The abbot responds:

"Of course. I am a man of faith and will take any secrets you wish to share with to my grave."

And that is a promise that the abbot kept.

METHINKS IT IS LIKE A WEASEL
It's a small, off-duty czechoslovakian traffic warden!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds.