Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic 
Page: of 2

Paulos23
Skeptic Friend

USA
446 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2006 :  19:25:41  Show Profile  Visit Paulos23's Homepage Send Paulos23 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is a very good interview between the guys behind loose change and the editers of Debunking 9/11 Myths.

http://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=06/09/11/1345203

I think it is very telling that the loose change guys keep having looks like they don't believe what they are hearing from the editers. At this point they must be keeping up the myth for some reason.

You can go wrong by being too skeptical as readily as by being too trusting. -- Robert A. Heinlein

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2006 :  03:27:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Darn, one of the few days I missed DN. Thanks for the link, I just read through the transcript.

I think this sums it up nicely:

"JAMES MEIGS: You know, this is a wonderful example of how conspiracy theories work. Any time there's a little bit of doubt, a little bit of area where we don't know everything, then the answer immediately is, well, someone must have blown it up. It's a form of argumentation that's also used by creationists. If they can find one little gap in the evolutionary record, they say evolution's a hoax. Or Holocaust deniers -"

I wonder if my anti-war friends who have tremendous respect for DN will get over their nonsensical belief in Loose Change? I am so pleased DN put this on the program.

Side note: I'm going to see Amy Goodman live this Sat here in Seattle. Hope I get a chance to tell her personally how important I think her work is.
Go to Top of Page

Chippewa
SFN Regular

USA
1496 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2006 :  09:27:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Chippewa's Homepage Send Chippewa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
9/11 conspiracy theories are wacky but people still support them. That is because, aside from the horrid nature of the attack itself, people sense that there is something very wrong about 9/11. A number of friends I know have realized over time that the Bush administration used 9/11 first and foremost for political gain. Bush used 9/11 as an excuse to pursue pre-9/11 plans. Furthermore, the Bush administration's weakness in homeland boarder security and weak public support in disasters further fuels the suspicion that the Republican co-opting of 9/11 hides a tacit desire to exploit any further terror for political gain. One friend found this realization "too horrible" to accept for when analyzed to the nth degree, for it is in fact, treason.

These are complex issues, and this sense of the Republican arrogance toward ordinary Americans, co-opting of 9/11, pre-9/11 Iraq invasion plans, and suspicion of a tacit desire to encourage terror so as to maintain the war on terror, fuels the easier and more simplistic conspiracy notions.

Diversity, independence, innovation and imagination are progressive concepts ultimately alien to the conservative mind.

"TAX AND SPEND" IS GOOD! (TAX: Wealthy corporations who won't go poor even after taxes. SPEND: On public works programs, education, the environment, improvements.)
Go to Top of Page

footling
BANNED

2 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2006 :  13:20:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send footling a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No Boeing hit Twin Towers that day.

What we have seen are only faked videos.

Two powerful skyscrapers designed by a japanese team of architects and engineers expert in antiseismic constructions NEVER would have been able to fall down that way because of two little airplanes.

A non stupid guy
Go to Top of Page

furshur
SFN Regular

USA
1536 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2006 :  14:03:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send furshur a Private Message  Reply with Quote
[sarcasm]Very powerful arguments, footling...[/sarcasm]

What is amazing is that thousands of eye witness agree that they saw the same thing that the 'faked' videos showed!
It kind of makes you wonder how that could have happened.

Welcome to SFN.

If I knew then what I know now then I would know more now than I know.
Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2006 :  14:05:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The government used those mind-reprogrammer-thingies from Men In Black....isn't it obvious?

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2006 :  16:56:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by furshur

What is amazing is that thousands of eye witness agree that they saw the same thing that the 'faked' videos showed!

Welcome to SFN.

I think footling was just making fun of the conspiracy-theorists...

Welcome to Skeptic Friends Network, footling.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2006 :  19:35:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dunno Dr M, it was a smiley face and not a winky face. Hi footling. Post some more and we can decide whether to chuckle or ask you the proverbial, "And we should take your word for it, why?"
Go to Top of Page

Antigone

44 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2006 :  21:41:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Antigone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Listen, the same people who faked the so-called 'moon landing' faked the 9/11 videos...
And all those people who saw it happen with their own eyes were kidnapped by the mothership of these 'video doctorers' and had their memories fcked with.
and I have PROOF, but the government killed my pet chicken (named Blanch) the day they stole this PROOF and warned me to never talk about it again.

(for those who think I am serious and/or are convinced with what I am saying please go to the nearest hospital and ask for more lithium)

Mortui non dolent
Go to Top of Page

footling
BANNED

2 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2006 :  02:19:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send footling a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Welcome to SFN.

Don't say craps.

Thousands of eye saw what happened ONLY looking at television faked videos.

After ONE HOUR of burning two powerful skyscrapers felt down like they were made by dog crap dried under the sun.

Incredible, in fact things went in a total different way: only powerful explosives razed the two buildings to the ground.

A non stupid guy
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2006 :  04:53:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by footling

quote:

Welcome to SFN.

Don't say craps.

After ONE HOUR of burning two powerful skyscrapers felt down like they were made by dog crap dried under the sun.

Incredible, in fact things went in a total different way: only powerful explosives razed the two buildings to the ground.

A non stupid guy

"don't say craps".....

latin? That you, boy?

http://www.tms.org/pubs/journals/JOM/0112/Eagar/Eagar-0112.html

The science and live broadcast aircraft strikes still invalidate your position.

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

GeeMack
SFN Regular

USA
1093 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2006 :  06:28:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send GeeMack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bigbrain...

Don't say craps.

Well, hell yes. Only a buffoon would try to confute that claim, backed up by such a preponderance of evidence and powerful logic as it is. Don't say craps? I guess not. We've obviously been duped by the swindlers again!

Google define:footling.
Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2006 :  06:35:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looks like they let bigbrain out again...I guess we're in for several 15 page posts about the most mind-numbing conspiracy bullshit...ah well I thought it was getting quiet around here since GK Paul seems to be "petering" out (pun intended).

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2006 :  07:45:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Same ISP, same range of dynamic IPs, same bad English. Bye-bye bigbrain.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

furshur
SFN Regular

USA
1536 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2006 :  08:49:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send furshur a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bigbrain? well I'll be... It's been a while, nice to see he is still mucking around and as crazy as ever.

If I knew then what I know now then I would know more now than I know.
Go to Top of Page

Paulos23
Skeptic Friend

USA
446 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2006 :  11:35:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Paulos23's Homepage Send Paulos23 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow, if I knew this was going to bring Bigbrain out I would have thought twice about posting this.

Nhaaaa....:)

You can go wrong by being too skeptical as readily as by being too trusting. -- Robert A. Heinlein

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic   
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds.