New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

verlch
SFN Regular

781 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2006 :  00:15:33  Show Profile  Send verlch an AOL message Send verlch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
http://www.geocities.com/jussaymoe/misinformation/666.htm

Just came across this lately. How will you guys explain this away?

What came first the chicken or the egg?

How do plants exist without bugs in the soil, and bugs in the soil without plants producing oxygen?

There are no atheists in foxholes

Underlying the evolutionary theory is not just the classic "stuff" of science — conclusions arrived at through prolonged observation and experimentation. Evolution is first an atheistic, materialistic world view. In other words, the primary reason for its acceptance has little to do with the evidence for or against it. Evolution is accepted because men are atheists by faith and thus interpret the evidence to cor-respond to their naturalistic philosophy.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. II Timothy 4:3,4

II Thess. 2:11 And for this cause God shall
send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

You can not see the 'wind', but you can see its effect!!!!

Evolution was caused by genetic mistakes at each stage?

Radical Evolution has 500 million years to find fossils of fictional drawings of (hard core)missing links, yet they find none.

We have not seen such moral darkness since the dark ages, coencides with
teaching evolution in schools. (Moral darkness)

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places, EPH 6:12.

"Thus, many scientists embracing naturalism find themselves in the seeming dilemma recently articulated by biochemist Franklin Harold: "We should reject, as a matter of principle, the substitution of intelligent design for the dialogue of chance and necessity [i.e., Darwinian evolution]; but we must concede that there are presently no detailed Darwinian accounts of the evolution of any biochemical system, only a variety of wishful speculations."

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2006 :  00:30:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by verlch

Explain what away? What is this latest craziness supposed to mean?

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2006 :  03:57:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Holy mack'l verlch! That one is a rouser even by your standards!

Wow! History, architecture, archeology, egyptology, nunerology, astrology, Masons and conspiritcy, and I don't know what-all else because I gave it up a little after Astrology. It's very long and my attention span is limited.

I guess that the only thing I can say is that if the author gets caught mainlining that stuff, he's gonna go to jail.

Back in the day, Washington DC was a perfectly good swamp. Then, out forefathers came along and turned it into what would soon become a pit of corruption. To accomplish this, they surveyed the lands and assigned lot numbers, as is the custom everywhere. I rather doubt that any of them much cared, these deists and freethinkers who founded our country, what lot got which buildings. Me, if given my druthers, I'd druther have the swamp.

Mysterious, multiple sixes.... Y'know, I hit something of a milestone a little while back. 6,666 posts on these boards. I didn't think that it was particularly significent and didn't make a big deal of it because after all, I have sixty thousand posts to go before the next one, and nobody will be around to see it including myself. It's only a number, V, only a number.

But I can see the point of assigning evil to it, yes. After all, the spawn of Bush stalks the White House corridors like some dread and mindless goule -- that is, when he's not on vacation or fund-raising; does he ever do any work?

I repeat: it's just another, stupid number. It's in Revelation simply because the author needed a number and that one, with it's many break-downs and combinations, tickled his fancy.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Original_Intent
SFN Regular

USA
609 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2006 :  04:40:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Original_Intent a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A lot of things can be satanized. More trickery and tom foolery to lead us astray? Or are they the Children of Satan?

I leave it to you all to judge.....

Peace
Joe
Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2006 :  04:46:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's hilarious that you cite this and ask us to explain it. Since you missed it, the site actually disproves all the lame 666 conspiracy junk you believe in! Your reading comprehension skills are so poor that you failed to see it!

(Hint: "Personally, I find it difficult to believe that any number or geometric figure can be inherently evil.")

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2006 :  05:24:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Original_Intent

A lot of things can be satanized. More trickery and tom foolery to lead us astray? Or are they the Children of Satan?

I leave it to you all to judge.....

Peace
Joe

Loved it!

Goes to show that if you twist numbers around enough, they will come out into a preordained sequece. And that, in a nutshell, is how numerology works.

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Paulos23
Skeptic Friend

USA
446 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2006 :  07:43:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Paulos23's Homepage Send Paulos23 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Ummm, you have the wrong number v. It is 616 not 666.

You can go wrong by being too skeptical as readily as by being too trusting. -- Robert A. Heinlein

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2006 :  07:57:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paulos23

quote:

Ummm, you have the wrong number v. It is 616 not 666.

I didn't know that....

Good catch, Paulos!

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2006 :  09:29:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
The first refers to "the weight of gold that came to Solomon in one year" as being "six hundred threescore and six talents of gold". In the second, we are told that to "count the number of the beast" which is also the number of a man, and this number is "Six hundred threescore and six". The number "666", written as such, appears nowhere in the book.

Wow... so King Salomon was actually Satan?

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2006 :  11:02:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Just came across this lately.
Have you taken it to heart:
People who want to cling to the notion that the modern Bible is the undisputed "word of God' on one hand, while bashing Masons on the other hand, may want to re-think their positions in light of the fact that the KJV is a Masonic work full of Kabbalistic notions introduced by Bacon and others involved in the Bible "making" process.
Oooohhhh.
quote:
How will you guys explain this away?
By quoting the web page you sent us to:
Lot 666 is nowhere near there, and the Capitol is Not on a numbered lot?
How hard can it be, verlch, to actually read the stuff that you post here?

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2006 :  13:28:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A bit off topic, mayhap (or is it? With our friend V, you never really know), but I thought this might be of some interest to all on any side of the *ahem* discussion.
quote:
In Dec. 1942 Heinrich Mueller, Chief of the Gestapo, rolled up the Soviet spy network in mainland Europe and secured a list of Soviet agents and informants in England that reads like a "who's who" of the British establishment and lifts the veil from modern history.

Soviet spies include Edward Wood, Lord Halifax, Neville Chamberlain's Foreign
Secretary and an architect of the "Appeasement" policy.

Appeasement encouraged Hitler to think England wanted him to expand eastward against the Soviet threat. In fact, Halifax was working indirectly for the Communists. Appeasement was designed to trap Hitler in a two-front war which would level Germany (and Europe) and kill sixty million people.

Pretty straightforward so far, but, as might be expected....:
quote:
What did this disparate group have in common? About half of them are recognizably Jewish. But the connection that binds all of them likely is the Illuminati, the top rung of Freemasonry. Its aim is to weaken mankind through a series of contrived wars in order to establish a Masonic or "Illuminist" world dictatorship dedicated to the "light giver" Lucifer (their alter ego.) Bush, Clinton, Kerry etc. are all members.

The Illuminati started Communism. Their common anniversary is May 1; their common symbol is the satanic inverted pentagram. They funded the Bolshevik Revolution and secretly ran the USSR, which was a model for the New World Order. Far from being spies for Stalin, some of these men were probably his superiors.

And to bring it on home:
quote:
CONCLUSION

Wars are the artificial creation of the Illuminati, a satanic cult that extends its tentacles over the whole planet. "Muller's List" provides a glimpse at the composition of this group: bankers, industrialists, aristocrats, military, scholars, trade unionists and media.

There are a lot of Jews but it should be obvious that the Illuminati victimized Jews as much as anyone. Jews have been the canon fodder for Communism, Zionism and Nazism. Instead of defending the Illuminati, Jews should revile it. Otherwise they appear to be in collusion.

Damn, but the things you find when you don't have your gun!

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

verlch
SFN Regular

781 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2006 :  14:04:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send verlch an AOL message Send verlch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cuneiformist

It's hilarious that you cite this and ask us to explain it. Since you missed it, the site actually disproves all the lame 666 conspiracy junk you believe in! Your reading comprehension skills are so poor that you failed to see it!

(Hint: "Personally, I find it difficult to believe that any number or geometric figure can be inherently evil.")

No, I've heard it mentioned before about lot 666 being the capital building. The Washington monument being 555 ft tall, with 110 feet in the ground, for a 666 ft. tall building.

So basically symbolism is everywhere, and to me, a Christian it means something.

How do plants exist without bugs in the soil, and bugs in the soil without plants producing oxygen?

Underlying the evolutionary theory is not just the classic "stuff" of science — conclusions arrived at through prolonged observation and experimentation. Evolution is first an atheistic, materialistic world view. In other words, the primary reason for its acceptance has little to do with the evidence for or against it. Evolution is accepted because men are atheists by faith and thus interpret the evidence to cor-respond to their naturalistic philosophy.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. II Timothy 4:3,4

Radical Evolution has 500 million years to find fossils of fictional drawings of (hard core)missing links, yet they find none.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places, EPH 6:12.

"Thus, many scientists embracing naturalism find themselves in the seeming dilemma recently articulated by biochemist Franklin Harold: "We should reject, as a matter of principle, the substitution of intelligent design for the dialogue of chance and necessity [i.e., Darwinian evolution]; but we must concede that there are presently no detailed Darwinian accounts of the evolution of any biochemical system, only a variety of wishful speculations."
Go to Top of Page

tomk80
SFN Regular

Netherlands
1278 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2006 :  14:23:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit tomk80's Homepage Send tomk80 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Maybe it would be a good tip for you if you read the link you posted?

No, I've heard it mentioned before about lot 666 being the capital building. The Washington monument being 555 ft tall, with 110 feet in the ground, for a 666 ft. tall building.

So basically symbolism is everywhere, and to me, a Christian it means something.

Tom

`Contrariwise,' continued Tweedledee, `if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.'
-Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Caroll-
Go to Top of Page

Paulos23
Skeptic Friend

USA
446 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2006 :  14:32:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Paulos23's Homepage Send Paulos23 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

And again V you have the wrong number. 616 is what you need to be looking for. No wonder Satan is running lose in the world, your looking in the wrong place!

You can go wrong by being too skeptical as readily as by being too trusting. -- Robert A. Heinlein

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
Go to Top of Page

verlch
SFN Regular

781 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2006 :  17:16:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send verlch an AOL message Send verlch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paulos23

quote:

quote:

And again V you have the wrong number. 616 is what you need to be looking for. No wonder Satan is running lose in the world, your looking in the wrong place!

What are you talking about?

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2006 :  17:33:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"What are you talking about?"

After looking more closely, I want to thank you for the link to the numerology-debunking site, verlch! You really should read a site a bit before you try to use it to prove some nonsense. As others have noted, the site you linked systematically debunks your favored paranoid ideas. Glad you're back. I needed the laughs!

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.62 seconds.