Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 15

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2006 :  14:12:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by ergo123
Does that mean all potential collapse theories need to be tested? No. But there is evidence (that i will present after i review and investigate it) that explosives were used. So that theory should be considered and examined.

So, it doesn't matter that those hypothesis has already been examined by independent organizations who are experts in the field of Controlled Demolition, like http://www.implosionworld.com/wtc.htm?
You never did read their paper on WTC, did you?

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2006 :  14:32:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Dude

ergo(liar)123 said:
quote:
But there is evidence (that i will present after i review and investigate it) that explosives were used. So that theory should be considered and examined.
Only if you consider the ravings of stupid people to be evidence.
What evidence do you have that they are stupid people?
Well, they managed to make you believe that there was a 300 ton beam at the site. That's something you could have checked yourself. Isn't density and basic geometry something you learn about in High School physics?

Since this claim of a 300 ton beam meant you had to be skeptical of the NIST report, did it ever occur to you that the claim of the existence of the beam itself warranted skepticism?

I honestly thought 600'000 pounds was an exaggeration for effect, that's why I dismissed your claim of the beam.

Where do you get stuff like this anyway? Or the molten metal?

People Implosionworld talked to that were working at the site found no evidence of any large quantities of molten metal.
If there were small amounts, that I could buy, because the collapse released a huge amount of energy, and part of that energy went into deforming material and that such deforming and friction produces heat. Enough heat will make metal melt.
I've seen metal melt on the underside of screw-heads from when they were tightened. Melted by friction.

Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

ergo123
BANNED

USA
810 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2006 :  14:35:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send ergo123 a Private Message
I did read it--and commented on it already. And it seems there is room for debate on the issue--because dozens of experts in physics and material sciences think explosives WERE involved. So why not have a panel investigate? Why take the word of a company that worked on the clean-up (and had a possib;e conflict of interests...)? That's not very skeptical of you...

No witty quotes. I think for myself.
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2006 :  15:03:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
quote:

I did read it--and commented on it already. And it seems there is room for debate on the issue--because dozens of experts in physics and material sciences think explosives WERE involved. So why not have a panel investigate? Why take the word of a company that worked on the clean-up (and had a possib;e conflict of interests...)? That's not very skeptical of you...

You're the one who distrusts the Government because you believe they have a conflict of interest (they being responsible of the destruction in the first place), and therefore you requests evidence that is not connected to the government.
I give you independent contractors that worked at the scene of the crime, so now you move the goal posts. So much for intellectual honesty from you. I think I'm done here, because no matter what I say you will find a way to dismiss anything I come up with.

Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

ergo123
BANNED

USA
810 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2006 :  15:15:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send ergo123 a Private Message
They aren't "independent" contractors if they are working for the government. And I would have gotten around to checking out the beam issue. It's just that I have two businesses to run, so I can't devote as much time to this as I would like.

But the statement in the article you linked up above, where they say they hadn't come across any evidence of the molten metal is absurd. It was on the news (I think CNN, but I will check when I get time) and I remember seeing workmen talking about it at ground zero. But if Implosionworld didn't talk to the right people or waited for the molten metal to walk over and introduce itself, then their statement could, in fact be true--just not honest. I also saw a box column cut at what looked like a 45 degree angle with hardened metal that had once been molten dripped down the side. This box column was in the basement of one of the towers. Again, I will look up the docunmentation and post it here (on a new thread I'll start) when I get time.

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2006 :  16:33:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:

They aren't "independent" contractors if they are working for the government.
Were they working for the Federal government?
quote:
And I would have gotten around to checking out the beam issue.
An empty claim, since it took all of five minutes to check it out - you presented it here as a factual "observation" without a shred of skepticism on your part.
quote:
It's just that I have two businesses to run, so I can't devote as much time to this as I would like.
Cry me a river.
quote:
But the statement in the article you linked up above, where they say they hadn't come across any evidence of the molten metal is absurd. It was on the news (I think CNN, but I will check when I get time) and I remember seeing workmen talking about it at ground zero.
Since the 300-ton beam was definitely absurd, the idea that we should give your claim that you remember something about molten metal but don't remember where you heard it any sort of merit at all is simply ludicrous.
quote:
But if Implosionworld didn't talk to the right people or waited for the molten metal to walk over and introduce itself, then their statement could, in fact be true--just not honest.
What's not honest is your repeated attempts at inserting "observations" into this discussion which you can't back up independently of your own memory. You think the government's say-so is bad, you should hear yourself.
quote:
I also saw a box column cut at what looked like a 45 degree angle with hardened metal that had once been molten dripped down the side. This box column was in the basement of one of the towers. Again, I will look up the docunmentation and post it here (on a new thread I'll start) when I get time.
How pathetic can you get? Don't forget to find out when that famous picture (took ten seconds to find it) was taken (before or after cleanup began).

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2006 :  16:42:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:

I don't understand why this goes over your head--you seem like a smart enough person...
It doesn't go over my head, it is completely irrelevant to the discussion at hand.
quote:
The notion that explosives were used does not need to include the notion that damage to the building was not inflicted by the planes. The official theory and the cd theory are not mutually exclusive.
Then why did you claim that Ross' analysis shows that the government's story defies physics?
quote:
In fact, it is possible that the damage from the planes was enough to bring down the buildings. But that doesn't mean that explosives were not used.
Wow, that can have any word in there, and still mean just as much:
In fact, it is possible that the damage from the planes was enough to bring down the buildings. But that doesn't mean that toothpaste tubes were not used.

In fact, it is possible that the damage from the planes was enough to bring down the buildings. But that doesn't mean that silver dollars were not used.

In fact, it is possible that the damage from the planes was enough to bring down the buildings. But that doesn't mean that pieces of toast were not used.
Man, that's fun. I've got to let my imagination run free on meaningless nonsense more often!

Seriously, what would explosives have been used for if the planes were enough to bring the buildings down?
quote:
Does that mean all potential collapse theories need to be tested? No. But there is evidence (that i will present after i review and investigate it) that explosives were used. So that theory should be considered and examined.
As soon as you present some actual evidence, instead of mythical 300-ton beams and molten metal that you "remember" hearing about someplace, it will be considered and examined. It's impossible to consider and examine theories which have no supporting evidence.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2006 :  17:17:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message
ergo(liar)123 said:
quote:
because dozens of experts in physics and material sciences think explosives WERE involved.

Name them and link to the work in which they state explosives were invloved in the WTC collapse.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

ergo123
BANNED

USA
810 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2006 :  21:30:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send ergo123 a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dude

ergo(liar)123 said:
quote:
because dozens of experts in physics and material sciences think explosives WERE involved.

Name them and link to the work in which they state explosives were invloved in the WTC collapse.

My, and their point is that the use of explosives should be investigated.

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2006 :  21:42:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:

quote:
My, and their point is that the use of explosives should be investigated.
That doesn't name any of them or their lines of work, but instead backpedals away from your previous statement of fact:
...because dozens of experts in physics and material sciences think explosives WERE involved.
Nor does "My, and their..." make much sense, grammatically.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2006 :  21:56:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message
ergo(liar)123 said:
quote:

If you can't name them, then the only conclusion to be made is that you are once again just making shit up.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

ergo123
BANNED

USA
810 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2006 :  01:28:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send ergo123 a Private Message
http://www.scholarsfor911truth.org/

Go to Top of Page

furshur
SFN Regular

USA
1536 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2006 :  06:44:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send furshur a Private Message
I watched the video of Jeff King talking about the CD of the WTC. He was described as a MIT physicist and a reasearch scientist. He actually has worked as a physician for the past 25 years - this is the best guy they could find to support CD?

Jeff King:
Graduated graduated from MIT, with a BA, combined Biology-EE major class of '74. He worked for about eight years in electronics and electro-mechanical engineering. For about the past 25 years, he has been working as a family physician, doing office-based primary care in rural central California.

If I knew then what I know now then I would know more now than I know.
Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2006 :  07:25:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message
Physics - physician ... same thing isn't it?

I looked the list of memebers. If we grant that all people who listed physics are actually physicists, there certainly wasn't "dozens". Most members have nothing to do with either physics or material science.

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

McQ
Skeptic Friend

USA
258 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2006 :  08:18:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send McQ a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by pleco

Physics - physician ... same thing isn't it?

I looked the list of memebers. If we grant that all people who listed physics are actually physicists, there certainly wasn't "dozens". Most members have nothing to do with either physics or material science.

Well, they do start with "phys". I know a "phys"-ed major who believes it was controlled demolition too. I mean, let's not get too picky. Those words all have letters in them and everything!

Once again, a nice backpedal away from reality from ego123. Ask him to name the DOZENS of physicists and their work and you get a link to a large website instead. Ask him to tell you what laws of physics were suspended and you get a deflection away from the question.

Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Gillette
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.72 seconds.