Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

ergo123
BANNED

USA
810 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2006 :  13:02:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send ergo123 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dave W.

quote:
Originally posted by ergo123

The truth behind the deal is that we don't really know what the deal was, when it was agreed to, what the conditions of the deal were, when Silverstein took over management of the property, when "improvements" were made, etc.
So you're saying that we do not know that PANYNJ accepted Silverstein's bid on July 24th, 2001? Is every fact about the case unknowable?

I don't recall saying that. I don't see that in the post you quoted. Do you see that in the post you quoted? Or are you shifting the goal posts... And what "case" are you referring to? The real estate deal or the whole case of the events of 9-11-01?

Oh--and what about that "seems unrealistic" comment. Any evidence to support that feeling?

No witty quotes. I think for myself.
Edited by - ergo123 on 10/18/2006 13:04:13
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2006 :  13:21:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I don't recall saying that.
That's why it was a question. Just what are you talking about, anyway?
quote:
I don't see that in the post you quoted. Do you see that in the post you quoted?
That's why it was a question.
quote:
Or are you shifting the goal posts...
I can't shift the goalposts by asking a question, can I?
quote:
And what "case" are you referring to? The real estate deal or the whole case of the events of 9-11-01?
The whole case.
quote:
Oh--and what about that "seems unrealistic" comment. Any evidence to support that feeling?
What's it matter? Is it part of the evidence you said you'd be presenting? If not, then forget I said anything about it. If it is, then we'll deal with it after you present it.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

ergo123
BANNED

USA
810 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2006 :  13:58:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send ergo123 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

I don't recall saying that.
That's why it was a question. Just what are you talking about, anyway?

I was responding to your post--so I was talking about your post...

quote:
I don't see that in the post you quoted. Do you see that in the post you quoted?
quote:
That's why it was a question.
But why did you ask that question? Why would you ask me if I was saying something in my post when you had the post right in front of you and could read it yourself?

quote:
Or are you shifting the goal posts...
quote:
Yes.

quote:
And what "case" are you referring to? The real estate deal or the whole case of the events of 9-11-01?
quote:
The whole case.

Well, some things are knowable about the whole case,

quote:
quote:
What's it matter? Is it part of the evidence you said you'd be presenting? If not, then forget I said anything about it.

Oh, so when you make claims of intuition and provide no evidence to support them, we are to just forget you did it? Why hold me to a different standard?

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2006 :  14:11:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I was responding to your post--so I was talking about your post...
And my post was talking about yours.
quote:
But why did you ask that question? Why would you ask me if I was saying something in my post when you had the post right in front of you and could read it yourself?
Apparently, I'm only supposed to look for underlying assumptions when you think it's okay to do so?
quote:
quote:
Yes.
Really? How?
quote:
Like what?
quote:
Oh, so when you make claims of intuition and provide no evidence to support them, we are to just forget you did it? Why hold me to a different standard?
I just retracted my claim as irrelevant, while you've done nothing of the sort. Where is the evidence you promised, anyway?

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

ergo123
BANNED

USA
810 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2006 :  15:10:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send ergo123 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:
Apparently, I'm only supposed to look for underlying assumptions when you think it's okay to do so?

Why do you ask me questions that are not for me to answer?

quote:
quote:
Like what?

3 buildings collapsed.

Edited by - ergo123 on 10/18/2006 15:11:28
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2006 :  18:53:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

You chastised me when you thought I wasn't looking for underlying assumptions, and then you chastise me for trying to examine your underlying assumptions. That last question was me trying to figure out when you will agree that I am properly (according to you) looking for underlying assumptions. I don't know what your particular "rules" are about this, because I can't read your mind, and so I'm forced to ask. And if you can't answer about when you think I'm doing the right thing (underlying-assumption-wise), then I'm free to conclude that you're making this crap up as you go and so there's nothing of lasting value that I can take from any of these exchanges.

How's that evidence coming along?
quote:
quote:
quote:
Like what?
3 buildings collapsed.
I sure hope that isn't all.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

ergo123
BANNED

USA
810 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2006 :  19:21:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send ergo123 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

You chastised me when you thought I wasn't looking for underlying assumptions, and then you chastise me for trying to examine your underlying assumptions. That last question was me trying to figure out when you will agree that I am properly (according to you) looking for underlying assumptions. I don't know what your particular "rules" are about this, because I can't read your mind, and so I'm forced to ask. And if you can't answer about when you think I'm doing the right thing (underlying-assumption-wise), then I'm free to conclude that you're making this crap up as you go and so there's nothing of lasting value that I can take from any of these exchanges.

Is there some reason you think I'm the boss of you? Is there some reason you think I have rules for what you can and can't do? You are always free to do what you want dave. And you are always free to conclude what you want. Don't look to me for value in these exchanges--look to yourself.

Go to Top of Page

furshur
SFN Regular

USA
1536 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2006 :  19:35:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send furshur a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Don't look to me for value in these exchanges--look to yourself.

Is this your way of saying you are backing out of your promise to give evidence of your conspiracy theories?

If I knew then what I know now then I would know more now than I know.
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2006 :  19:38:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by furshur

quote:

Is this your way of saying you are backing out of your promise to give evidence of your conspiracy theories?
I think it's Ergo's way of admitting that talking with him is like trying to have a conversation with a brick wall.

But we already knew this.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

furshur
SFN Regular

USA
1536 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2006 :  19:41:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send furshur a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
I think it's Ergo's way of admitting that talking with him is like trying to have a conversation with a brick wall.

Amen to that brother HH.

If I knew then what I know now then I would know more now than I know.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2006 :  20:14:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Is there some reason you think I'm the boss of you? Is there some reason you think I have rules for what you can and can't do? You are always free to do what you want dave. And you are always free to conclude what you want.
Way to miss the point. Why are you so angry?
quote:
According to you, my opinion is nothing more than the sum of my biases in favor of the government's conspiracy theory - completely worthless unless all I want to be is a good little taxpaying drone. I now see you implying that you're unable and/or unwilling to help me out of that trap. Oh, well.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

ergo123
BANNED

USA
810 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2006 :  20:54:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send ergo123 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Is there some reason you think I'm the boss of you? Is there some reason you think I have rules for what you can and can't do? You are always free to do what you want dave. And you are always free to conclude what you want.
quote:
Way to miss the point.

Way to be so unclear as to what your point is...

quote:
quote:
According to you, my opinion is nothing more than the sum of my biases in favor of the government's conspiracy theory - completely worthless unless all I want to be is a good little taxpaying drone.

Hmm. I don't recall posting that...

quote:
I now see you implying that you're unable and/or unwilling to help me out of that trap. Oh, well.

You really ought to see someone about those dellusions...

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2006 :  21:07:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I was crystal-clear about it, but you responded with a rant about the obvious. Why are you so angry?
quote:
You used the shorthand term 'sheeple'. Means the same thing, pretty much.
quote:
quote:
I now see you implying that you're unable and/or unwilling to help me out of that trap. Oh, well.
Well, if a guy with a psychology degree can't help me, who can? I don't even know what you think I'm deluded about: you being able to help me, or me being trapped by my biases, or both, or neither.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Master Yoda
Skeptic Friend

59 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2006 :  21:18:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Master Yoda a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

From the Master Yoda CT Dictionary:
quote:
Dellusion dell oo zhun n., Amer. 21st cent.
A vision of a computer that isn't there.

Would that be sort of like the evidence you promised "in the near future" about a day and a half ago? That's my dell-usion, except that I'm on an IBM X31, but if I go get a Dell, can I "see" your evi-dents?

Seriously, Ergo. It takes about, uh, how long would that be, to link a simple document or tinfoil website? Where's this evidence, guy?
Go to Top of Page

ergo123
BANNED

USA
810 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2006 :  21:34:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send ergo123 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:
I was crystal-clear about it...

Well dave, the evidence (namely me missing the point) says you are wrong about that. So why not just admit you were wrong and move on?

quote:
quote:
You used the shorthand term 'sheeple'. Means the same thing, pretty much.

More assumptions with no supporting evidence-tsk, tsk, dave. And "pretty much?" We don't deal with pretty much" on this site mister--now shape up!

Edited by - ergo123 on 10/18/2006 21:38:27
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds.