Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

ergo123
BANNED

USA
810 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2006 :  20:09:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send ergo123 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by moakley

quote:
Originally posted by ergo123

quote:
Originally posted by moakley

quote:

Gravity does not do all the work in a controlled demolition. The explosives help the collapse by removing structural support and allowing the rest of the building to fall!! Without the explosives, as pointed out by others, there would be no collapse.

The explosives did their part and then gravity did the rest. Do you really have a point that you are trying to make here. Or are you just exposing your alter ergo, Obvious-man.

The point was to see if dave's pov--that the building fell by gravity alone was tenable. I thought it was obvious that the explosives helped, but wanted to see what everyone thought.

I saw it as an attempt to deflect attention from your inane CD argument for the WTC collapse. Actually, I see this particular thread as nothing more than a diversion.

You find pointing out dave's logical errors a diversion?

No witty quotes. I think for myself.
Edited by - ergo123 on 10/29/2006 20:17:13
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2006 :  20:14:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

You find pointing out logical errors a diversion?
Oh, then you started this thread because you agreed that the logic you were putting forward in the other thread was fallacious? That's a heck of a long way to say, "I was wrong," ergo, but good for you.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2006 :  20:21:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

You find pointing out dave's logical errors a diversion?

Edited by - ergo123 on 10/29/2006 20:17:13
Nice edit, there, ergo, but it won't work, as I already explained. It was your fake categories that result in the idea that the time after last demolition charges go off is a "gravity-only collapse" of a building. It's your poor logic, not mine.

And it's nice to see that you're reading my posts, even if you're still stomping your feet and refusing to answer then directly.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

willis1999
Troll/Sockpuppet

12 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2007 :  14:27:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send willis1999 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Post by banned troll removed.

Kil
Go to Top of Page

j911ob
Skeptic Friend

223 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2007 :  17:36:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send j911ob a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wonder if anyone can explain how the bbc reported wtc7's demise 23 minutes before it happened? Surely that at least proves psychic powers exist?

"Any pressurized can exposed to heat will explode like a grenade. Even a sealed bag of potato chips, if not melted by direct flame, can 'pop' with quite a report." - Kookbreaker at JREF, responding to reports of explosions in the towers.
Go to Top of Page

j911ob
Skeptic Friend

223 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2007 :  18:35:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send j911ob a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by j911ob

I wonder if anyone can explain how the bbc reported wtc7's demise 23 minutes before it happened? Surely that at least proves psychic powers exist?

Noone can explain this then. DaveW?

"Any pressurized can exposed to heat will explode like a grenade. Even a sealed bag of potato chips, if not melted by direct flame, can 'pop' with quite a report." - Kookbreaker at JREF, responding to reports of explosions in the towers.
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2007 :  18:43:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Do you have evidence that this actually happened?

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2007 :  18:45:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
j911ob, if you'll explain why a unicorn appeared on the wing of American flight 868 on 9/10, I'll try to explain what you want explained.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

j911ob
Skeptic Friend

223 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2007 :  18:48:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send j911ob a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Mabuse

quote:

Do you have evidence that this actually happened?

Yes heres the video of it happening:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejjySUVOGKA

There was a big fuss when this was discovered in the archive footage.

Go to Top of Page

j911ob
Skeptic Friend

223 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2007 :  18:49:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send j911ob a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dave W.

j911ob, if you'll explain why a unicorn appeared on the wing of American flight 868 on 9/10, I'll try to explain what you want explained.

Ive provided the evidence that this occured. I just wondered if the great skeptical minds here could tell me if it proves inside job or psychic ability.

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2007 :  19:12:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
CNN had been reporting for hours that the building was near to collapse. I had an hour commute back home that day, and was worried I was going to miss it. The "great skeptical minds here" would point to a screw-up on the BBC's part, because the choices you offer are nothing more than a false dichotomy.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

j911ob
Skeptic Friend

223 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2007 :  19:14:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send j911ob a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

CNN had been reporting for hours that the building was near to collapse. I had an hour commute back home that day, and was worried I was going to miss it. The "great skeptical minds here" would point to a screw-up on the BBC's part, because the choices you offer are nothing more than a false dichotomy.

A screw up? The BBC reported it had collapsed when it was still not known if it would collapse. Perhaps you could explain how people knew it would collapse when it was entirely unprecedented. The dichotomy is not false. They were psychic or the collapse was planned. Please choose one.

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2007 :  19:39:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

A screw up? The BBC reported it had collapsed when it was still not known if it would collapse. Perhaps you could explain how people knew it would collapse when it was entirely unprecedented. The dichotomy is not false. They were psychic or the collapse was planned. Please choose one.
No. Once again, CNN had been reporting for hours that WTC 7 was probably going to collapse. It had been evacuated for quite some time, and CNN was keeping their cameras trained on it. Your false dichotomy is based upon the idea that the collapse was unexpected (it wasn't), or that the expectation of collapse was due to knowledge that explosives were going to go off inside (knowledge for which there is no evidence). So, my choice is that the BBC screwed up in its reporting, by saying something that wasn't true (there's lots of precedent of such reporting, throughout history, and it's been due to neither psychics nor conspirators).

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

j911ob
Skeptic Friend

223 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2007 :  19:44:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send j911ob a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

No. Once again, CNN had been reporting for hours that WTC 7 was probably going to collapse. It had been evacuated for quite some time, and CNN was keeping their cameras trained on it. Your false dichotomy is based upon the idea that the collapse was unexpected (it wasn't), or that the expectation of collapse was due to knowledge that explosives were going to go off inside (knowledge for which there is no evidence). So, my choice is that the BBC screwed up in its reporting, by saying something that wasn't true (there's lots of precedent of such reporting, throughout history, and it's been due to neither psychics nor conspirators).

But what if the building had stood for another 12 hours? How did the BBC manage to predict it just 20 minutes before? You do realise that the FDNY had to withdraw from the pile until 7 collapsed? They couldnt allow it to take 12 hours to fall. It had to be brought down. Brave whistleblowing EMTs Indira singh and Kevin McPadden confirm that the FDNY told them the building was going to be brought down.

Go to Top of Page

dmayer76

17 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2007 :  19:46:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send dmayer76 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
BBC falsely reports news from NBC and CNN, that "WTC 7 may collapse or has already collapsed". They clearly jumped the gun...it was a crazy day and people make mistakes.

But lets say...BBC did it on purpose. Are the 9-11 loonies suggesting BBC was reading from a script provided by the NWO? are we really supposed to take such accusations seriously?

it boggles my mind, why the 9-11 truthers dont see how/why they are viewed as insane.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds.