Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26021 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2007 :  19:47:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by j911ob

But what if the building had stood for another 12 hours? How did the BBC manage to predict it just 20 minutes before?
"Predict" suggests willful intent on the BBC's part, but you're providing no evidence of it other than the occurence itself, a completely circular argument.
quote:
You do realise that the FDNY had to withdraw from the pile until 7 collapsed?
Evidence?
quote:
They couldnt allow it to take 12 hours to fall. It had to be brought down. Brave whistleblowing EMTs Indira singh and Kevin McPadden confirm that the FDNY told them the building was going to be brought down.
Evidence?

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

j911ob
Skeptic Friend

223 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2007 :  19:56:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send j911ob a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dave W.

quote:

But what if the building had stood for another 12 hours? How did the BBC manage to predict it just 20 minutes before?
"Predict" suggests willful intent on the BBC's part, but you're providing no evidence of it other than the occurence itself, a completely circular argument.
quote:
You do realise that the FDNY had to withdraw from the pile until 7 collapsed?
Evidence?
quote:
They couldnt allow it to take 12 hours to fall. It had to be brought down. Brave whistleblowing EMTs Indira singh and Kevin McPadden confirm that the FDNY told them the building was going to be brought down.
Evidence?

"Then we found out, I guess around 3:00 [o'clock], that they thought 7 was going to collapse. So, of course, [we've] got guys all in this pile over here and the main concern was get everybody out, and I guess it took us over an hour and a half, two hours to get everybody out of there. (Q. Initially when you were there, you had said you heard a few Maydays?) Oh, yes. We had Maydays like crazy.... The heat must have been tremendous. There was so much [expletive] fire there. This whole pile was burning like crazy. Just the heat and the smoke from all the other buildings on fire, you [couldn't] see anything. So it took us a while and we ended up backing everybody out, and [that's] when 7 collapsed.... Basically, we fell back for 7 to collapse, and then we waited a while and it got a lot more organized, I would guess." - Lieutenant William Ryan

http://www.debunking911.com/pull.htm

wtc7 would have fell onto them so they couldnt do rescue work till it was gone, very good motive to get rid of it.

SINGH: "After midday on 9/11 we had to evacuate that because they told us Building 7 was coming down. If you had been there, not being able to see very much just flames everywhere and smoke - it is entirely possible - I do believe that they brought Building 7 down because I heard that they were going to bring it down because it was unstable because of the collateral damage. That I don't know I can't attest to the validity of that all I can attest to is that by noon or one o'clock they told us we need to move from that triage site up to Pace University a little further away because Building 7 was going to come down or be brought down."

HOST: "Did they actually use the word "brought down" and who was it that was telling you this?"

SINGH: "The fire department. And they did use the words 'we're gonna have to bring it down' and for us there observing the nature of the devastation it made total sense to us that this was indeed a possibility, given the subsequent controversy over it I don't know."

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/february2007/090207broughtdown.htm

McPADDEN: "They said you know you've got to stay behind this line because they're thinking about taking this building down, they're not sure if it's stable or not, so they were holding a line off because they had knowledge that something was gonna happen. Well, they pushed us back a little bit....a couple of minutes later they started coming down....people started coming back out to the street, I watched five New York City buses jam packed with people wanting to do search and rescue head down there towards Building 7 - people walk out into the middle of the street to see these people off, like bon voyage and right then Building 7 came down."

"Any pressurized can exposed to heat will explode like a grenade. Even a sealed bag of potato chips, if not melted by direct flame, can 'pop' with quite a report." - Kookbreaker at JREF, responding to reports of explosions in the towers.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26021 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2007 :  20:08:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

wtc7 would have fell onto them so they couldnt do rescue work till it was gone, very good motive to get rid of it.
But not evidence that they purposefully got rid of it. Motive by itself isn't even enough to convict people of a crime (much less forensic evidence supporting an alleged fact), otherwise millions would be jailed for having a motive to harm the President. Any President.
quote:
SINGH: "After midday on 9/11 we had to evacuate that because they told us Building 7 was coming down. If you had been there, not being able to see very much just flames everywhere and smoke - it is entirely possible - I do believe that they brought Building 7 down because I heard that they were going to bring it down because it was unstable because of the collateral damage. That I don't know I can't attest to the validity of that...
And Singh didn't even know what they really meant. For evidence, that's pretty pathetic.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

j911ob
Skeptic Friend

223 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2007 :  20:12:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send j911ob a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

But not evidence that they purposefully got rid of it. Motive by itself isn't even enough to convict people of a crime (much less forensic evidence supporting an alleged fact), otherwise millions would be jailed for having a motive to harm the President. Any President.
quote:
SINGH: "After midday on 9/11 we had to evacuate that because they told us Building 7 was coming down. If you had been there, not being able to see very much just flames everywhere and smoke - it is entirely possible - I do believe that they brought Building 7 down because I heard that they were going to bring it down because it was unstable because of the collateral damage. That I don't know I can't attest to the validity of that...
And Singh didn't even know what they really meant. For evidence, that's pretty pathetic.

You are just denying not discussing. Is there an ignore feature on this forum?

"Any pressurized can exposed to heat will explode like a grenade. Even a sealed bag of potato chips, if not melted by direct flame, can 'pop' with quite a report." - Kookbreaker at JREF, responding to reports of explosions in the towers.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2007 :  20:34:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

No, Dave politely asked you for evidence, and you produced no real evidence. Dave pointed this out, so now you're upset. Either find something substantial, or put your tinfoil hat on more tightly and get used to the derision.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Edited by - HalfMooner on 05/07/2007 20:54:14
Go to Top of Page

j911ob
Skeptic Friend

223 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2007 :  20:38:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send j911ob a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HalfMooner

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

No, Dave politely asked you for evidence, you produced no real evidence. Dave pointed this out, so now you're upset. Either find something substantial, or put your tinfoil hat on more tightly and get used to the derision.

Ad homs all you got eh?

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2007 :  20:55:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is no evidence all you got?

Go to Top of Page

j911ob
Skeptic Friend

223 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2007 :  20:59:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send j911ob a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

What evidence are you asking for?

Go to Top of Page

JohnOAS
SFN Regular

Australia
800 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2007 :  21:31:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit JohnOAS's Homepage Send JohnOAS a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

If it had then you'd be here telling us all how it was predicted 12 hours early, and that this is even better proof of your theory. Had it been 10 seconds before the collapse, that too, would be obvious proof that your theory is correct. The great thing about conspiracy theories is that they can accommodate pretty much any fact as support, it just makes the conspiracy a little more complex.

Of course, if it was simply a reporting stuff up, the 20 minute figure is not proof of anything.

It's much more fun when you can assume your conclusion in order to support that conclusion though, isn't it?

John's just this guy, you know.
Go to Top of Page

j911ob
Skeptic Friend

223 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2007 :  21:34:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send j911ob a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JohnOAS

quote:

If it had then you'd be here telling us all how it was predicted 12 hours early, and that this is even better proof of your theory. Had it been 10 seconds before the collapse, that too, would be obvious proof that your theory is correct. The great thing about conspiracy theories is that they can accommodate pretty much any fact as support, it just makes the conspiracy a little more complex.

Of course, if it was simply a reporting stuff up, the 20 minute figure is not proof of anything.

It's much more fun when you can assume your conclusion in order to support that conclusion though, isn't it?

The whole body of evidence, such as the motive I posted above and the EMT testimonies and the certainty people seemed to have of this imminent unprecedented collapse point to it being done deliberately.

There is no way they could leave that building standing , preventing them from rescuing their fallen brothers.

Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2007 :  21:43:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

The whole body of evidence, such as the motive I posted above and the EMT testimonies and the certainty people seemed to have of this imminent unprecedented collapse point to it being done deliberately.

Motive is not evidence. That you consider it such shows that your standards of evidence are way off.

I bet I could find testimonials of people who claim to have seen extra terrestrials do it.

The certainty of this imminent collapse has already been explained. That a news channel jumps the gun and turns out to be correct is no reason to believe there is something more behind it. 20 minutes is an arbitrary number, you would say the same if it was 30 minutes or an hour. What might help your case is something like 9 minutes and 11 seconds. Wait! I got it! 20 = 9 + 11.

Why continue? Because we must. Because we have the call. Because it is nobler to fight for rationality without winning than to give up in the face of continued defeats. Because whatever true progress humanity makes is through the rationality of the occasional individual and because any one individual we may win for the cause may do more for humanity than a hundred thousand who hug their superstitions to their breast.
- Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2007 :  23:21:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

What evidence are you asking for?

I don't know, maybe something substantial, something other than a quote of someone who may have heard something strange said, but wasn't very sure.

You guys got nothing, except an agenda you'd rather not openly mention. Could that be, maybe, anti-Semitism?

Edited by - HalfMooner on 05/07/2007 23:35:03
Go to Top of Page

j911ob
Skeptic Friend

223 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  04:37:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send j911ob a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ricky

quote:

I bet I could find testimonials of people who claim to have seen extra terrestrials do it.

Ill take that bet. Please find me the quotes of people who say aliens did it. Proceed.

Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  07:00:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Ricky

quote:

Ill take that bet. Please find me the quotes of people who say aliens did it. Proceed.

I'll bet I can find at least one. David Icke believes that the illuminati is under the control of shape shifting alien lizards. And of course, he also believes that the illuminati was behind 9/11. It just follows…

I don't have time to run a search on this because I must go to work… But if you're betting real money, count me in.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26021 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  07:06:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Here's one:
"After Flight 93 came down in Pennsylvania, they saw a craft buzzing around. Now what was that? All earth air traffic had been grounded. And in the World Trade Centre, where are all the bodies? They were transported out first to be experimented on. Listen to me now, September 11 was all caused by aliens."

It was certainly a fresh view of the events of a year ago but then again the person propagating it was wearing a T-shirt bearing the slogan: "Beam Me Up, Jesus".

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.52 seconds.