Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2006 :  00:37:13  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
Finally finished -- I think!

Now all we need is the music for the LP that goes inside.

This is the downsized version (640 x 640) for this forum's format:

It's possible that I will see errors and replace this image. If so, I will edit this posting, so it should always have the lasted version.

I hope that I have buried enough puzzles and surprises in this thing that it provides a passing amusement. I've kept a list which I think is complete, of all the persons represented. But I'm not going to name a single one, at least for a bit.

My sincere apologies to both those, alive or dead, whom I've failed to include, and especially to all those I have included.

(I hereby give permission to SFN, if it wishes, to use this artwork in any manner for fund-raising for SFN.)

[Latest version is a fairly large, "lossless" PNG-24, identical, I think, to the final version that will be used on SFN T-shirts and merchandise.]

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.

Edited by - HalfMooner on 01/05/2007 15:43:16

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2006 :  00:55:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
Really cool! And you got Kurt Vonnegut in there too!!!

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2006 :  01:04:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
Hell, I like Kurt Vonnegut so much, I'd throw his mug in even if I were doing a photo essay on famous nuns.

Go to Top of Page

Hawks
SFN Regular

Canada
1383 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2006 :  11:50:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Hawks's Homepage Send Hawks a Private Message
Beautiful!

METHINKS IT IS LIKE A WEASEL
It's a small, off-duty czechoslovakian traffic warden!
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2006 :  11:52:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
Thanks, Hawks!

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2006 :  13:02:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
I'd like to make two observations.

As I worked on this little project, in order to select the people to be included, I was required to learn a little bit about the history of skepticism and related thinking. That was a fun and rewarding exercise in itself.

The theme of the illustration evolved into being more or less, "Living, breathing, populist skepticism as embodied by SFN, and its roots and influences."

And the beat goes on...

Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2006 :  14:28:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
Derek & Swoopy, The Myth Busters, James Randi, you put us in some high profile company. I feel unworthy.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2006 :  15:10:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Mabuse

Derek & Swoopy, The Myth Busters, James Randi, you put us in some high profile company. I feel unworthy.

Hey Mab. You might want to share this with the folks at skepticality

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2006 :  16:05:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message
Trying to hide yourself, HalfMooner? I was going to ask why you weren't in there, till I caught your face peaking out from behind Buddy Christ.

You continue to amaze me.

Edit: This is most certainly going to be my desktop background for some time to come.

Why continue? Because we must. Because we have the call. Because it is nobler to fight for rationality without winning than to give up in the face of continued defeats. Because whatever true progress humanity makes is through the rationality of the occasional individual and because any one individual we may win for the cause may do more for humanity than a hundred thousand who hug their superstitions to their breast.
- Isaac Asimov
Edited by - Ricky on 11/21/2006 16:07:07
Go to Top of Page

McQ
Skeptic Friend

USA
258 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2006 :  16:19:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send McQ a Private Message
AWESOME! Great job on the album cover! I can only imagine how much work that was.

Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Gillette
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2006 :  16:36:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Ricky

Trying to hide yourself, HalfMooner? I was going to ask why you weren't in there, till I caught your face peaking out from behind Buddy Christ.

You continue to amaze me.

Edit: This is most certainly going to be my desktop background for some time to come.

Damn, you found me already!

Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2006 :  22:36:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
Can you post the link to a thumb-nail?

Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2006 :  23:17:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
quote:

I have a lot of ideas as to what you may have meant. Can you explain that a little more, Mab? Do you want a small copy uploaded to ImageShack, and a link placed here, or do you want a thumbnail, clicking on which brings up the image?

Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2006 :  07:21:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by HalfMooner

quote:

I have a lot of ideas as to what you may have meant. Can you explain that a little more, Mab? Do you want a small copy uploaded to ImageShack, and a link placed here, or do you want a thumbnail, clicking on which brings up the image?

A small version of the image, 100-200 pixel wide so you can work out the general motive. Then I can convert it to a clickable image that brings up the large pic (or a link to this thread).
I posted a notice on Skepticality Forum, since Derek & Swoopy is in it.

But... Where's Penn & Teller?

Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2006 :  10:02:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
We would be more than happy to host the images here on the SFN servers, as well.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2006 :  11:59:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
Okay, here's a link to a 200x200 thumbnail:

http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/6594/sfnalbumthumbrq3.jpg

And one that's 150x150:

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/126/sfnalbumthumb150oo1.jpg

I'd be delighted if you could locally host the images. Just let me know what I may need to do, if anything, to help.

Edited by - HalfMooner on 11/22/2006 17:34:13
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds.