Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

McQ
Skeptic Friend

USA
258 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2006 :  13:03:38  Show Profile Send McQ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just a heads up for some articles appearing in the current issue of Skeptic. I have only had time to skim them, but since this is a current (well, it used to be) topic here, I thought I'd share it.

The one big disappointment is the piece on page 43, "What Demolition Experts Say About 9/11". They devote a measly one page to the subject, and give only a summary of what Protec Documentation said about the CD Theory (they document the work of building demolition contractors).

The full report by Brent Blanchard, Director of Field Operations for Protec, can be found at:

http://www.jod911.com/WTC%20COLLAPSE%20STUDY%20BBlanchard%208-8-06.pdf

A "Reply to Brent Blanchard" appears on this 9/11 conspiracy website:

http://911research.wtc7.net/reviews/blanchard/index.html

It reads like the same pap that "you know who" was spouting in here.

I just wish that Skeptic had made the effort to put more into the piece. It was quite a letdown.

Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Gillette

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2006 :  06:56:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well like us they probably think that this is so obvious it doesnt need many pages... oh well. we all know Jack and Bobby Kennedy are responsible anyway..

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Go to Top of Page

McQ
Skeptic Friend

USA
258 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2006 :  14:49:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send McQ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BigPapaSmurf

Well like us they probably think that this is so obvious it doesnt need many pages... oh well. we all know Jack and Bobby Kennedy are responsible anyway..

Bobby was in on it too??? Oh man, you just rocked me to my core!

Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Gillette
Go to Top of Page

willis1999
Troll/Sockpuppet

12 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2007 :  14:22:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send willis1999 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Post by banned troll removed.

Kil
Go to Top of Page

j911ob
Skeptic Friend

223 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2007 :  17:31:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send j911ob a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This article proves exactly nothing. It clearly wasnt a conventional demolition as the use of thermite proves.

"Any pressurized can exposed to heat will explode like a grenade. Even a sealed bag of potato chips, if not melted by direct flame, can 'pop' with quite a report." - Kookbreaker at JREF, responding to reports of explosions in the towers.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2007 :  17:38:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What thermite?

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

j911ob
Skeptic Friend

223 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2007 :  17:41:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send j911ob a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dave W.

What thermite?

The thermite that Dr Steven Jones has found the exact signature of in a sample of wtc dust. He revealed the findings in a recent lecture and intends to have them peer reviewed in reputable journals.

"Any pressurized can exposed to heat will explode like a grenade. Even a sealed bag of potato chips, if not melted by direct flame, can 'pop' with quite a report." - Kookbreaker at JREF, responding to reports of explosions in the towers.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2007 :  17:43:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by j911ob

The thermite that Dr Steven Jones has found the exact signature of in a sample of wtc dust. He revealed the findings in a recent lecture and intends to have them peer reviewed in reputable journals.
Great. When he does, we can talk of this again. Until then, I've not found Jones to be a reliable source of information.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

j911ob
Skeptic Friend

223 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2007 :  17:44:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send j911ob a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Great. When he does, we can talk of this again. Until then, I've not found Jones to be a reliable source of information.

Please present your problems with his work.

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2007 :  17:50:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

How can I when he hasn't published it yet?

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

j911ob
Skeptic Friend

223 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2007 :  17:51:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send j911ob a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

How can I when he hasn't published it yet?

No you claimed you already had reasons to mistrust his work. Please present those reasons or retract your claim.

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2007 :  18:00:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

No you claimed you already had reasons to mistrust his work. Please present those reasons or retract your claim.
I do have reason to not find him a reliable source of information. There's no reason for me to "retract" that "claim" even if those reasons are irrelevant to his new findings.

But just to appease you, the idea that WTC7 collapsed "symmetrically" is ludicrous, as is the idea that it collapsed faster than it would have without pre-planted explosives. Those are just two of many problems with Jones' statements.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

j911ob
Skeptic Friend

223 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2007 :  18:02:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send j911ob a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

I do have reason to not find him a reliable source of information. There's no reason for me to "retract" that "claim" even if those reasons are irrelevant to his new findings.

But just to appease you, the idea that WTC7 collapsed "symmetrically" is ludicrous, as is the idea that it collapsed faster than it would have without pre-planted explosives. Those are just two of many problems with Jones' statements.

wtc7 collapsed in 6.6 seconds from a standing start. It also collapsed into its footprint. Jones is entirely correct on both points.

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2007 :  18:05:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

wtc7 collapsed in 6.6 seconds from a standing start. It also collapsed into its footprint. Jones is entirely correct on both points.
Provide evidence that it required explosives for the building to collapse in 6.6 seconds (that's Jones' claim). Provide evidence that the building collapsing into its footprint means that its collapse was "symmetrical."

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

j911ob
Skeptic Friend

223 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2007 :  18:16:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send j911ob a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Provide evidence that it required explosives for the building to collapse in 6.6 seconds (that's Jones' claim). Provide evidence that the building collapsing into its footprint means that its collapse was "symmetrical."

What exactly was unsymmetrical? Was the evidence of your eyes not enough?

Please find me a building in history that has collapsed that fast from a fire.

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2007 :  18:21:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

What exactly was unsymmetrical? Was the evidence of your eyes not enough?

Please find me a building in history that has collapsed that fast from a fire.
Once again, you have failed to provide evidence to support your claims.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds.