New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

freewest4ever

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2007 :  07:03:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send freewest4ever a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dave W.

quote:
Originally posted by freewest4ever

The Greeks were skilled at philosophy and homosexual love, and are extinct as a result. The modern Greeks are a buncj of Ethiopians. Don't believe me? Check out this link:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=11260506&
That abstract supports the assertion "modern Greeks are Ethiopians" just as well as it supports the assertion "modern Macedonians are Jews." Or do you consider yourself French, freewest4ever?

Of course, archeological finds tell us that we're all from sub-Saharan Africa, so along with being Libyan, freewest4ever, you're also Ethiopian.

Oh, and given the time period mentioned in the abstract, the Greeks who were skilled in philosophy are probably the same Greeks you consider to be Ethiopian. How could they be extinct if you acknowledge their existence?

All from Africa eh? Shows how blindly you all follow the current dogma. There has always beem much stronger evidence that the races of man evolved independently in seperate geographical areas, it is only recently in this drive for a happy united multicultural world that the Out Of Africa theory got any serious study.

We look different, because we ARE different. And before anyone jumps on me to say I am being racist, I am NOT saying we are all not equal. Of course we are. I never deny. either, that the Greeks did not have an advanced civilisation. I just point out the facts that it was a decadent and depraved civilisation, and that they are extinct as a people.

Stop the Lies.

Free Macedonia
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2007 :  07:20:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

All from Africa eh? Shows how blindly you all follow the current dogma. There has always beem much stronger evidence that the races of man evolved independently in seperate geographical areas, it is only recently in this drive for a happy united multicultural world that the Out Of Africa theory got any serious study.
Well, since your previous statement, "Needless to say I will not be posting again on this board of crypto-communists," was obviously a promise you couldn't keep, why don't you share this "much stronger evidence" with us? And what did the "races of man" evolve independently from?
quote:
We look different, because we ARE different.
Except that we're all the same species. "Race" being a social construct.
quote:
And before anyone jumps on me to say I am being racist, I am NOT saying we are all not equal. Of course we are.
So you're saying that the "active, agressive, proud and pure" are equal to the "degraded, and corrupt, and perverted." Wow, even I wouldn't agree with that, but then again I don't assign those characteristics to any particular races of people.
quote:
I never deny. either, that the Greeks did not have an advanced civilisation. I just point out the facts that it was a decadent and depraved civilisation, and that they are extinct as a people.
How could they be extinct when you used the term "modern Greeks" in a present-tense sentence yourself?

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2007 :  07:37:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

References, please....

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2007 :  09:08:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So, you are asserting that the vast genetic "evidence" of our shared ancestry is the "dogma" and a product of the vast conspiracy by the atheist-scientists to impose a one-world, multi-cultural religion, right?

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2007 :  12:27:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah as far as I know the genetic evidence is pretty much a slam dunk against your 'inspired' line of thinking.

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Go to Top of Page

perrodetokio
Skeptic Friend

275 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2007 :  12:34:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send perrodetokio a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So now we´re being called "crypto-communists"?

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!

and now in spanish: JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA!!!

"Yes I have a belief in a creator/God but do not know that he exists." Bill Scott

"They are still mosquitoes! They did not turn into whales or lizards or anything else. They are still mosquitoes!..." Bill Scott

"We should have millions of missing links or transition fossils showing a fish turning into a philosopher..." Bill Scott
Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2007 :  12:49:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Evidence in a form that you would accept is impossible to come by when academia is dominated by people who have been placed in their positions not because of their knowledge, but because of their servility to their Philhellenic masters.
I know I served my Philhellenic master omlets and toast every morning for weeks. And for that, I got a cushy Ivy League postdoc. Yee-haw!
Go to Top of Page

Siberia
SFN Addict

Brazil
2322 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2007 :  13:24:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Siberia's Homepage  Send Siberia an AOL message  Send Siberia a Yahoo! Message Send Siberia a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Philhellenic? Now that's sweet. I must have missed something, because I wasn't given a Philhellenic master to serve... shame.

"Why are you afraid of something you're not even sure exists?"
- The Kovenant, Via Negativa

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs."
-- unknown
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2007 :  15:09:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ladies and gentlemen, rather than the usual right-wing semi-fascist troll, I think we've had the privilege to have sighted an example of the rare, but extant, genuine article. The guy just drips with the kind of sentiments that my old genuine Nazi acquaintance expressed (Fred died recently), somewhat modified to place Macedonia in the position of Germany, and the Greeks in the position of Jewry. Fascinating echoes of a past best not forgotten.

Of course, I'm just a philhellenic-programmed crypto-communist.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Edited by - HalfMooner on 03/21/2007 15:13:30
Go to Top of Page

Vegeta
Skeptic Friend

United Kingdom
238 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2007 :  15:29:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Vegeta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I dunno... its almost too comical to believe.

What are you looking at? Haven't you ever seen a pink shirt before?

"I was asked if I would do a similar sketch but focusing on the shortcomings of Islam rather than Christianity. I said, 'No, no I wouldn't. I may be an atheist but I'm not stupid.'" - Steward Lee
Go to Top of Page

Original_Intent
SFN Regular

USA
609 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2007 :  16:49:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Original_Intent a Private Message  Reply with Quote
WHat a bloddy moron. Calling the Greeks -so-far removed from Ethipoia, Ethiopians? Before Alexander was a gleam in his ancient ancestors eyes, the Egyptians had already een ruled by several distinct "races" (Nubian, Libyan, SYrian, Egyptian). Egypt was amelting pot.

As far as Macedonians and Greek... This s a bit interesting.

I wish I could find the page that described the distinctness of the difirent races in ancient Egypt.

Peace
Joe
Go to Top of Page

JohnOAS
SFN Regular

Australia
800 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2008 :  04:58:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit JohnOAS's Homepage Send JohnOAS a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I knew we had a thread on this somewhere.

Edit: Except I got my dates wrong, and the article I'm referencing below is of the same vintage as that originally posted by Halfmooner. Oops. I blame boing boing (yep), or wherever I read it.

From "The Guardian" (link)

A 2,000-year-old mechanical computer salvaged from a Roman shipwreck has astounded scientists who have finally unravelled the secrets of how the sophisticated device works.

Since its discovery, scientists have been trying to reconstruct the device, which is now known to be an astronomical calendar capable of tracking with remarkable precision the position of the sun, several heavenly bodies and the phases of the moon. Experts believe it to be the earliest-known device to use gear wheels and by far the most sophisticated object to be found from the ancient and medieval periods.

John's just this guy, you know.
Edited by - JohnOAS on 02/19/2008 05:03:48
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2008 :  05:57:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Evidence in a form that you would accept is impossible to come by when academia is dominated by people who have been placed in their positions not because of their knowledge, but because of their servility to their Philhellenic masters.

All you need to do is look at the people of the area. Who are active, agressive, proud and pure, and who are degraded, and corrupt, and perverted?

You know the answer, though you may be afraid to admit it.

Needless to say I will not be posting again on this board of crypto-communists.
Some we keep, some we lose.... <shrug> I fear that our friend freewest4ever was more interested in ethnicity than the device. A pity; it's really a very interesting device.....
board of crypto-communists.
Hey, a new one! I've never been called a crypto-communist before!

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

JohnOAS
SFN Regular

Australia
800 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2008 :  06:02:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit JohnOAS's Homepage Send JohnOAS a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by filthy
Hey, a new one! I've never been called a crypto-communist before!

I'm sure there's a bumper sticker in there somewhere;

"I never knowed what a cypto-communist was, now I is one!"

John's just this guy, you know.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2008 :  11:45:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What gets me about this mechanism, this analog planetary computer, is that it was quite advanced and precisely machined, even if crafted by hand. It wasn't a one-off prototype, but probably a more-or-less perfected version of something that had been made for many years. I don't care of it was made by Greeks, Ethiopians, Chinese, or Altanteans -- it shows that humans in ancient times were every bit as brilliant and resourceful as ourselves.

I recall when I first read Shakespeare a good half century ago. Like a lot of people, I had semi-consciously assumed that people long ago were all relatively stupid, as well as being ignorant of modern science. But reading Julius Caesar, I suddenly found that this Renaissance playwright had a concept of complex political conniving on a par with anything I'd seen in my own lifetime. What people did then with what they knew of the world was just as smart as what we do now with our greater knowledge.

They certainly understood human interactions in the time of the Bard. And they knew the orbits of the planets with some precision in Hellenistic and Imperial Roman times. I imagine that we may someday find other such remarkable examples of ancient knowledge and skill.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Edited by - HalfMooner on 02/20/2008 03:04:07
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1 seconds.