Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Simon
SFN Regular

USA
1992 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2008 :  10:59:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Simon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If I remember correctly, no one is exactly sure as to when the library was actually destroyed.
I think that Napoleon was even blamed.

The burning has been used for propaganda several times but I don't think anybody really knows for certain what happened...

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there – on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.
Carl Sagan - 1996
Go to Top of Page

freewest4ever

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2008 :  09:39:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send freewest4ever a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You're all still here are you? I see knkavo is still spouting his lies and you're all still believeing him.

A few facts you should know:

(1) In the country currently known as "Greece" (should be called Upper Ethiopia) there is an undeclared, oppressed minority of 2 million Macedonians.
(2) If anyone is caught speaking Macedonian, the secret punishment used to be cutting off of the tongue, until the 1980s when they became more "sophisticated" in their fascism and started using prefrontal lobotomies.
(3) Anyone declaring Macedonian ethnicity is locked up in secret state prisons.
(3) The Library of Alexandria was never ever Greek. It was MACEDONIAN. Alexander was Macedonian. He hated and loathed the Greeks, who considered him a "barbarian" because he refused to accept their customs of homosexual pedofilia.

Before you call me a liar, why don't you all bother to do a little research. Not in the established philo-Hellenic acedeima, but in the REAL sources of secret history.

Stop the Lies.

Free Macedonia
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2008 :  10:34:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've always believed Alexandria was Egyptian...

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26021 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2008 :  14:56:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by freewest4ever

...in the REAL sources of secret history.
They're secret. How do you know about them?

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

knkavo

Greece
11 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2008 :  14:42:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send knkavo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He must have read the secret histories when he was locked up in the secret prisons. That's where we keep secret stuff in Greece (or should I say Upper Ethiopia). It's also where we secretly practice homosexual pedophilia, (as against heterosexual pedophilia, which is apparently acceptable).

I was going to resist responding to him, because it only encourages him and messes up the thread, but I couldn't resist. Sorry all, last time I promise. Ignorement from now on...

'Oh, obvious,' said Granny. 'I'll grant you it is obvious. Trouble is, just because things are obvious doesn't mean they're true.' - Granny Weatherwax

"You have insulted my footwear. My sandals do not like to be laughed at." - Samurai Jack
Go to Top of Page

Original_Intent
SFN Regular

USA
609 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2008 :  05:34:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Original_Intent a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ROFLMAO..... Secret prisons.... That's where I have been for the last year..... I openly called Shenanigans at a couple of political rallies... so they shipped me off......

I pop in from time to time and I see that this thread had some more posts..... But it is the same stuff.......

Bummer. I'm going back to playing Halo.

WOOOOOOOT for the Circus.

Peace
Joe
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2008 :  06:55:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by freewest4ever

You're all still here are you? I see knkavo is still spouting his lies and you're all still believeing him.

A few facts you should know:

(1) In the country currently known as "Greece" (should be called Upper Ethiopia) there is an undeclared, oppressed minority of 2 million Macedonians.
(2) If anyone is caught speaking Macedonian, the secret punishment used to be cutting off of the tongue, until the 1980s when they became more "sophisticated" in their fascism and started using prefrontal lobotomies.
(3) Anyone declaring Macedonian ethnicity is locked up in secret state prisons.
(3) The Library of Alexandria was never ever Greek. It was MACEDONIAN. Alexander was Macedonian. He hated and loathed the Greeks, who considered him a "barbarian" because he refused to accept their customs of homosexual pedofilia.

Before you call me a liar, why don't you all bother to do a little research. Not in the established philo-Hellenic acedeima, but in the REAL sources of secret history.
Reference, please.

This is a skeptic site and as such, we must insist on it. Waving your hands and blithering about "sources of secret history" tells us nothing beyond raising the possibility/probility that you have nothing of the sort. In order to establish credibility here, or anywhere comes to that, you need to show that you know what you're talking about. "Extraodinary claims require extraordinary evidence." You have made some claims outside of commonly recorded history. Now back them up.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Simon
SFN Regular

USA
1992 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2008 :  07:09:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Simon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by knkavo

Not that any of you care probably, but it upset me a lot. Freewest4ever is Greek, or at least he lives in Greece. He posted on another site where I have made some posts, and I saw it there. So if he is Macedonian he's moved down here, but it's much more likely he's Greek trouble-maker. How emabarrassing....

Don't worry; a country is not considered responsible for the loons it produces.

As you may know; Macedonia is the name of both a recent country and a region of Greece. There is still some 'lively' debates as to whom the name 'Macedonia' belongs to.

Borders, unsurprisingly, have moved quite a bit since the third century BC, so that leads to a bit of confusion.

But both Philip of Macedon and Alexander were born in their capital city: Pella (now in modern Greece upper Ethiopia).

As for Alexandria, it was founded by Alexander the great and raised to prominence under the rule of the Ptolemaic dynasty.

This dynasty was founded by a Greek general of Alexander and brought us the lovely Cleopatra (please notes how the name Ptolemy is Greek).
Also, the Great Library was initially an extension of the temple of a Greek cult and included a lot of classical Greek culture.

Because I like the subject, I'd like to point out that the Biblical Machabean revolts commemorated during Hanukkah were against a similar dynasty that was leading the Seleucid empire and was also founded by a general of Alexander.

Man; history is fun. Much more than the unimaginative ravings of a little Fuhrerophilos. Malaka!

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there – on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.
Carl Sagan - 1996
Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2008 :  07:20:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So then you don't know about the secret, secret history? It states that anything Macedonian is by extension Neandertal culture. Cause we all know that Neandertals roamed Macedon long before any Macedonians. Oh it also states that Macedonians are the master race and the Gods have Macedon's back in any world domination efforts.

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Edited by - BigPapaSmurf on 06/24/2008 07:43:37
Go to Top of Page

Simon
SFN Regular

USA
1992 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2008 :  07:24:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Simon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Alexander was Macedonian. He hated and loathed the Greeks, who considered him a "barbarian" because he refused to accept their customs of homosexual pedofilia.

Also; you know that Alexander was probably homosexual himself?

Carl Sagan - 1996
Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2008 :  07:42:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Pfft! Don't you know all negatives about Macedonians are falsehoods planted by the Ethio-homo-pedohiles and all positives about the "Greeks" are propaganda by the nefarious anti-Macedonian illuminatus.

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Go to Top of Page

Simon
SFN Regular

USA
1992 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2008 :  09:24:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Simon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Can I also say that Greeks are Reptoid aliens??

Please; pretty please?

I really find this particular brand of crazies to be among the most entertaining there is. Plus it's not really any crazier than what freewest4ever offers us.

At least there is a real effort to be creative rather than just a translation of the old Thule-Gesellschaft bullshits.

Carl Sagan - 1996
Go to Top of Page

knkavo

Greece
11 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2008 :  01:35:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send knkavo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is in danger of turning into the topic where we discuss Freewest4ever's lunacy, rather than the Antikythira Mechanis ;-)

I am thinking of creating a topic where the issue of false or selectively reported "history" can be discussed. There's a lot of that around us wherever we live, but in hot-spots like the Balkans it has been used to justify all kinds of horrific behaviour.

Anyway, once I think of how to best set it out, I'll do so.

(As to the post on Reptoid aliens, there is a lunatic TV channel here in Greece that is really just a telemarketing tool for selling crazy books. One of those books explains how we [the Greeks] really are descended from alien reptile near-humans, and that explains our general super-duper-ness in everything. I'll see if I can find a translation to send to you Simon, but at your own risk you understand, because once you see just HOW CLOSE TO THE TRUTH YOU STUMBLED, we may have to lock you up in a secret prison).

In the meantime, here's hoping for some news on the Mechanism.

'Oh, obvious,' said Granny. 'I'll grant you it is obvious. Trouble is, just because things are obvious doesn't mean they're true.' - Granny Weatherwax

"You have insulted my footwear. My sandals do not like to be laughed at." - Samurai Jack
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2008 :  11:46:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Update:
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/07/080731143422.htm

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

Simon
SFN Regular

USA
1992 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2008 :  16:18:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Simon a Private Message  Reply with Quote

(As to the post on Reptoid aliens, there is a lunatic TV channel here in Greece that is really just a telemarketing tool for selling crazy books. One of those books explains how we [the Greeks] really are descended from alien reptile near-humans, and that explains our general super-duper-ness in everything. I'll see if I can find a translation to send to you Simon, but at your own risk you understand, because once you see just HOW CLOSE TO THE TRUTH YOU STUMBLED, we may have to lock you up in a secret prison).

Woaw; obviously, it is too close to be a mere coincidence. I must have channelled some of the viewers of the show.
Which, of course, prove that telepathy does exist and that, by extensions, Helens do are aliens.

As too the mechanism itself, it is really impressive stuff.
I guess, the key principle might be that everything is turning around the sun. So there might be a main 'solar' gear leading various gears, the ratios between each gear and the main one depending about how fast the object was revolving around the sun...

Pretty impressive stuff and I wonder how much the realization that the sun was the key to all these movements was related to the devolpment of the heliocentric theories that some greek philosophers adopted...

Carl Sagan - 1996
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds.