Jesus is back, and living in Houston, TX
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

McQ
Skeptic Friend

USA
258 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2007 :  20:04:52  Show Profile Send McQ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just in case we've run short of things that make us go, "Hmmm..."

Jesus is back, and better than ever. Stop by Houston and say hi. Get a tattoo, and be a follower.

http://abcnews.go.com/Primetime/story?id=2925021&page=1

(edited to put proper link in place)

Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Gillette

Edited by - McQ on 03/06/2007 20:35:23

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2007 :  20:07:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I didn't see Houston mentioned in that story of nuclear fallout.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2007 :  20:27:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dave W.

I didn't see Houston mentioned in that story of nuclear fallout.

Also missing, I think, was reference to Jesus. Unless in my own out-of-touchness with the world, I've simply not clued in that 'Jesus=Radioactive fallout' or somthing...
Go to Top of Page

GeeMack
SFN Regular

USA
1093 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2007 :  20:33:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send GeeMack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's a link to the story.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2007 :  20:35:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, that Jesus.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

McQ
Skeptic Friend

USA
258 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2007 :  20:36:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send McQ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's fixed. That's what happens when you're multitasking and not checking your work carefully. My apologies for the error and confusion.

--Penn Gillette
Edited by - McQ on 03/06/2007 20:44:21
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2007 :  20:49:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wikipedia's take.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Randy
SFN Regular

USA
1990 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2007 :  21:21:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Randy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A possible bumpersticker for his flock comes to mind...."My delusion can beat up your delusion".

I wonder...do you think other evangelists, while thinking of the so-called 'New jesus', are saying, "D'oh!....why didn't I make that claim first?"
What religious twattle will next week bring? yawn..........

"We are all connected; to each other biologically, to the earth chemically, to the rest of the universe atomically."

"So you're made of detritus [from exploded stars]. Get over it. Or better yet, celebrate it. After all, what nobler thought can one cherish than that the universe lives within us all?"
-Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

McQ
Skeptic Friend

USA
258 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2007 :  21:23:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send McQ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Randy

A possible bumpersticker for his flock comes to mind...."My delusion can beat up your delusion".

I wonder...do you think other evangelists, while thinking of the so-called 'New jesus', are saying, "D'oh!....why didn't I make that claim first?"
What religious twattle will next week bring? yawn..........

I thought the same thing. All those televangelists thinking they missed out on a golden opportunity.

--Penn Gillette
Go to Top of Page

Randy
SFN Regular

USA
1990 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2007 :  21:34:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Randy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by McQ

I thought the same thing. All those televangelists thinking they missed out on a golden opportunity.

Course, the jealous tele-shitheels will hammer away on him to no end. There could be a silver lining in all of this fanatical tattooing....I predict some reporter dogging him will publish a photo of the 'New jesus' leaving a Motel 666 with none-other than a modern day working girl Mary Magdalene.

"We are all connected; to each other biologically, to the earth chemically, to the rest of the universe atomically."

"So you're made of detritus [from exploded stars]. Get over it. Or better yet, celebrate it. After all, what nobler thought can one cherish than that the universe lives within us all?"
-Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2007 :  22:09:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm just delighted that the Antichrist turned out not to be me or one of my friends.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2007 :  00:11:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
To mine a quote:
quote:
"The same spirit that was in Jesus of Nazareth, and the same spirit is in me. He came to me. He [integrated] with my person in 1973." de Jesus says this happened when two angels came to him in a vision, and while he admits there's no real way for him to prove that he's Christ, he says his followers aren't asking for proof.

Not an unusual start for a cult. At the moment, this one seems relatively harmless, but that might not last. It might die a natural death, as most do, but there's no guarentee -- the perfidious Moonies and Scientologists come to mind.

Ultimatly, the esteemed Joe o'Jesus will die, either of natural causes or perhaps be wiped by some religious whacko from a more mainstream cult, and someone else will take over -- that's way too much influence (and gelt) to leave unattended. Meanwhile, I'd bet that he's coming out of this a very wealthy man, likely tax-free.

True Believers(tm) are funny folk.....

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2007 :  02:28:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Claiming to be the antechrist and planning to be the head of a one world government some day is pretty interesting.
Go to Top of Page

marfknox
SFN Die Hard

USA
3739 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2007 :  09:05:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit marfknox's Homepage  Send marfknox an AOL message Send marfknox a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This makes me think of a quote I found in the conservapedia, from C. S. Lewis, giving one of his dumber reasons for believing in Christianity: "It has just that queer twist about it that real things have."

"Too much certainty and clarity could lead to cruel intolerance" -Karen Armstrong

Check out my art store: http://www.marfknox.etsy.com

Edited by - marfknox on 03/07/2007 09:05:44
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds.