Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Forums | Active Topics | Active Polls | Register | FAQ | Contact Us  
  Connect: Chat | SFN Messenger | Buddy List | Members
Personalize: Profile | My Page | Forum Bookmarks  
 All Forums
 Community Forums
 General Discussion
 What's the strangest thing you've snorted?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2007 :  06:19:22  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
'Keith Richards has acknowledged consuming a raft of illegal substances in his time, but this may top them all. In comments published Tuesday, the 63-year-old Rolling Stones guitarist said he had snorted his father's ashes mixed with cocaine.

"The strangest thing I've tried to snort? My father. I snorted my father," Richards was quoted as saying by British music magazine NME.'

I know the rent is in arrears
The dog has not been fed in years
It's even worse than it appears
But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Edited by - Gorgo on 04/04/2007 06:20:00

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2007 :  07:36:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In the Swedish Big Brother a few years back, a few contestants tricked a Blonde into snorting fruit salt.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

furshur
SFN Regular

USA
1536 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2007 :  07:45:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send furshur a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That reminded me of a funny thing that happened in college. I walked into a friends room where he and couple other guys were seated around an empty chair. So I walked in and sat down. As I sat down they start gestualting jerkily and making strangled sorts of mewing sounds. Finally, someone was able to talk and they told me I just sat in a pile of MDA (I think it was) that they were snorting. Well the natural reaction was to jump up and brush my butt off, which I did.

If I knew then what I know now then I would know more now than I know.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2007 :  08:01:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Fly Agaric, ground and dried, and right out of my back yard.....

Not reccommended.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2007 :  08:21:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If I answer that question, I'm gonna look almost as bad as Keith Richards...

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2007 :  13:53:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Don't try this one at home, or anywhere.

I didn't snort them, but in or around 1964, I ate three commercial packets of white and blue morning glory seeds, after (if I recall rightly) reading a fascinating article in Scientific American by a certain Dr. Timothy Leary.

As I lay on my bed, sweating profusely, I hallucinated a series of glowing, multicolored concentric rings against blackness, and "knew" that I was at the center. All was well and right, and I felt exhilarated.

After an unmeasured interval, I became aware of a Darkness greater that blackness pressing against "my" outer ring of light. I was terrified. One ring after another was devoured by this inimical force, and my panic grew. Finally, my last central redoubt was overwhelmed, and there was nothingness.

Another interval passed. Then I suddenly saw a vividly glowing green leaf sprouting from nothing againt the darkness. The leaf sprouted another, and that one budded another, until there was a whole plant. And it was Good. I awoke, laying in sweat-soaked sheets.

I later learned that commercial flower seeds such as those I ate are laced with strychnine to deter pests. I learned that the seeds should have been soaked in water for many hours to get out the poison, then dried. I think my "trip" may haver almost killed me. But I did almost believe in reincarnation for a few months. This experience also made me both understand and avoid LSD in the hippy years that were soon to follow.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

Randy
SFN Regular

USA
1990 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2007 :  14:09:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Randy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
http://www.playfuls.com/news_00002940_Keith_Richards_Dead_dad_snorting_comment_was_a_joke_.html

News flash/snort...Richards says comment was a joke taken seriously. I still think, yeah, he could have done it.

"We are all connected; to each other biologically, to the earth chemically, to the rest of the universe atomically."

"So you're made of detritus [from exploded stars]. Get over it. Or better yet, celebrate it. After all, what nobler thought can one cherish than that the universe lives within us all?"
-Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2007 :  14:15:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I think he did it.

Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2007 :  14:32:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Don't forget Ozzy:
quote:
While on tour with Mötley Crüe, Osbourne (according to Mick Mars, their guitarist) got into a cocaine snorting contest with their bassist Nikki Sixx. He then proceeded to snort a line of ants from an anthill nearby.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

Vegeta
Skeptic Friend

United Kingdom
238 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2007 :  15:38:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Vegeta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i dnno but the idea of snorting anything puts me right off. Dont like needles either. Guess im not cut out for class A drugs

Although I could always try crack or crystal meth

What are you looking at? Haven't you ever seen a pink shirt before?

"I was asked if I would do a similar sketch but focusing on the shortcomings of Islam rather than Christianity. I said, 'No, no I wouldn't. I may be an atheist but I'm not stupid.'" - Steward Lee
Edited by - Vegeta on 04/04/2007 15:39:51
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2007 :  16:53:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1) Keith Richards died in 1971.

The drugs has been moving the corpse ever since.

2) Keith Richards is the healthiest person alive because the toxicicy of his body due to drug use makes it uninhabitable by any germ.

3) PSA of Keith Richards saying "Don't do drugs". Response from viewers: "We can't, Keith. You did them all".

Yeah. Old jokes. Sorry.

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Edited by - Valiant Dancer on 04/04/2007 16:54:31
Go to Top of Page

marfknox
SFN Die Hard

USA
3739 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2007 :  17:41:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit marfknox's Homepage  Send marfknox an AOL message Send marfknox a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"Six Feet Under" (an HBO drama about a family that owns a funeral home) had an episode where a young woman died of a cocaine overdose and her friends have her cremated and then snort her ashes. But these were her dippy young friends, not exactly the same as snorting your own father's ashes. Guess the old saying that reality is even stranger than fiction holds true.

"Too much certainty and clarity could lead to cruel intolerance" -Karen Armstrong

Check out my art store: http://www.marfknox.etsy.com

Go to Top of Page

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2007 :  03:45:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Randy

http://www.playfuls.com/news_00002940_Keith_Richards_Dead_dad_snorting_comment_was_a_joke_.html

News flash/snort...Richards says comment was a joke taken seriously. I still think, yeah, he could have done it.

They were surprised anyone took him seriously? I'm surprised anyone understood what he said at all.

I know the rent is in arrears
The dog has not been fed in years
It's even worse than it appears
But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2007 :  05:30:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Valiant Dancer

1) Keith Richards died in 1971.

The drugs has been moving the corpse ever since.

2) Keith Richards is the healthiest person alive because the toxicicy of his body due to drug use makes it uninhabitable by any germ.

3) PSA of Keith Richards saying "Don't do drugs". Response from viewers: "We can't, Keith. You did them all".

Yeah. Old jokes. Sorry.

Wow Three Stooges Syndrome, I thought Mr. Burns was the only one with that.

I never snorted anything worth mentioning, though Ive been to those places the Bene Gesserit will not look and I saw HalfMooner staring back at me.

Im back from the dead now though and Im well rested.

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2007 :  07:10:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How high do you have to be to think that snorting the ashes of a dead person is a good idea?

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2007 :  07:27:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As high as a Christian at Communion?

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds.