Jesus pops in for a "well done" remark
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2007 :  16:27:35  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Messiah makes unusual visit to thank his followers

Easter, 2007 (CNS) -- The Lord Jesus Christ, Redeemer of Mankind and a founding member of the group, The Trinity, today unexpectedly dropped by earth to give a few words of encouragement to his billions of worshipers.

Standing atop Mount Everest, the Savior's voice thundered out with a volume that reached around the world.

"Well done!"

"First, don't panic. This isn't the Second Coming, just a brief pep talk to express appreciation. I simply wanted to let all you Christians know that I've been watching you, and I thoroughly approve of the direction in which you've been taking My worship. I especially admire how the real leaders among you have boiled down all My teachings to the essentials of anti-abortion, homophobia, hatred toward other beliefs, and contempt for the earth. Well done!"

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.

Edited by - HalfMooner on 04/08/2007 16:35:07

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2007 :  19:43:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There's a line or two in this Youtube song that goes with your Jesus theme.

Ted Haggard Is Completely Heterosexual
Edited by - beskeptigal on 04/09/2007 19:44:42
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2007 :  23:05:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah, that's a good one! I really like Roy Zimmerman's humor.

Edited by - HalfMooner on 04/10/2007 14:31:41
Go to Top of Page

sts60
Skeptic Friend

141 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2007 :  12:44:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sts60 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, you know, a lot of us haven't "boiled down all [His] teachings to the essentials of anti-abortion, homophobia, hatred toward other beliefs, and contempt for the earth", nor accept as "leaders" those who do.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2007 :  13:17:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sts60

Well, you know, a lot of us haven't "boiled down all [His] teachings to the essentials of anti-abortion, homophobia, hatred toward other beliefs, and contempt for the earth", nor accept as "leaders" those who do.

Very good for you, sts60! I hope you are taking on those who have done just that. Twisted though it be, they seem to have been all too been effective in associating those "essentials" with Jesus in the public's mind.

The point of my spoof was to highlight the absurdity of this distortion. The intention was actually fairly pro-Christian, for someone of my atheism.

Were I a Christian with a fair understanding of the New Testament, I might be as upset with the fundies as I would be if I were a Hindu supporter of nonviolence, who sees the opening of a chain of Gandhi Ninja Schools.

Mahatma Gandhi: He could kill you with a glance.

Edited by - HalfMooner on 04/10/2007 14:36:15
Go to Top of Page

sts60
Skeptic Friend

141 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2007 :  20:29:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sts60 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"Everybody was kung-fu nonviolently dialoging..."

What I find interesting is the current movement among evangelicals (who for some time have been exclusively identified with hard-core conservative Republicanism) to adopt environmental concerns as a matter of stewardship ("Creation Care" is one of the slogans). The general notion is God made it, we'd better take care of it.

Now, I'm not evangelical, especially conservative, Republican, or creationist. But it shows how even a group the rest of us tend to think of as monolithic can go in unexpected directions. Well, from what I read there is some intense debate going on that community, so it's not like they have all accepted it.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2007 :  03:14:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think it's great that some evangelicals and many other Christians are coming out in support of saving the planet. The tale is in the numbers: there sure aren't enough atheists to do it by themselves! It also shows that the extreme fundamentalist bloc is breaking up like 21st Century polar ice.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds.