Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 16

furshur
SFN Regular

USA
1536 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2007 :  11:05:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send furshur a Private Message
That's a little eerie.

I wonder if the guy in the painting inhales.

If I knew then what I know now then I would know more now than I know.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2007 :  03:00:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
From Engrish.com:

They really should have considered paying the workers just a bit more, and maybe given them a kind word now and then.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Edited by - HalfMooner on 09/21/2007 04:20:12
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2007 :  18:16:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
So, it looks like I might do a blues gig. A fellow at work who is in a band got the band booked into a blues night at some kinda local place. We had jammed together at the job, and he likes the way I play slide guitar, blues style. So he invited me along. I'm going to our first rehearsal tonight. Well see how that goes…

By the way, I haven't done a band gig in almost twentyfive years. I'm shaking in my tennies….

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26021 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2007 :  18:46:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Congrats, Kil! Hope all goes well.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2007 :  19:22:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
Originally posted by Kil

So, it looks like I might do a blues gig. A fellow at work who is in a band got the band booked into a blues night at some kinda local place. We had jammed together at the job, and he likes the way I play slide guitar, blues style. So he invited me along. I'm going to our first rehearsal tonight. Well see how that goes…

By the way, I haven't done a band gig in almost twentyfive years. I'm shaking in my tennies….

I envy you. Have fun, and break a leg.

Go to Top of Page

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2007 :  02:32:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message
Quite a deal.

I know the rent is in arrears
The dog has not been fed in years
It's even worse than it appears
But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2007 :  02:35:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
Originally posted by Kil

Sounds almost like my band-reunion. Break a leg!

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

The Rat
SFN Regular

Canada
1370 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2007 :  17:53:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit The Rat's Homepage Send The Rat a Private Message
Originally posted by Kil

So, it looks like I might do a blues gig.

Kil, I know absolutely nothing about music (I'm limited to playing 'Mary had a little lamb' on a touch tone phone), but I do know what I like, and I LOOOOOOVE it when 'Lucille' starts wailing!

Have a blast!

Bailey's second law; There is no relationship between the three virtues of intelligence, education, and wisdom.

You fiend! Never have I encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church? - The Bishop of Bath and Wells, Blackadder II

Baculum's page: http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=3947338590
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2007 :  15:57:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
Last Christmas, mom and dad promised me and my girlfriend a new fridge and freezer.

Because of the problems we had with our apartment, we weren't sure we could stay or had to move, so we put the Christmas present on hold. Now, as the problem is fixed, we went to the shop yesterday and ordered a set. We went for an Electrolux model called Inspire.
Both the Fridge and Freezer are digitally controlled with different programs for cooling, and alarms and stuff. They have internal fans for even and quick distribution of cold, and if the control senses that you're stocking up, it goes into overdrive.

Another extra is that both are manufactured in the town I grew up in, so I'm supporting my home town... I mean, my parents are supporting the town they live in...

It's one of the latest models in terms of technology, and environmental thinking. The delivery is planned for friday afternoon.

There's a small snag though. The old fridge was 160cm, and the new are 180cm. This wouldn't have been a problem if I didn't have cupboards above the old ones. And these cupboards are attached to the wall and the styrofoam strip between the cupboard and the celing is attached to both with double-sided tape. I can't remove the strip without dammaging it, so we decided to cut off half of the cupboard instead. I'm not much of a handyman, so it'll be interesting to see how it works out. I think I'll take some pics of the work. If it turnes out nicely, I'll post a before and after pic.

Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2007 :  21:52:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
Those look very nice, Mab, and sound like they have all the hight tech bells and whistles. Can't say I've even heard of a fridge or freezer with an alarm, though that seems an obvious feature. I presume these use the magnetocaloric effect?

Good luck on the cabinet "trimming," I need yo do something like that myself, as I'd like to replace my now-defunct small-sized dishwasher with a standard model. (The small ones aren't cheaper, anyway.)

Edited by - HalfMooner on 10/02/2007 21:53:45
Go to Top of Page

Starman
SFN Regular

Sweden
1613 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2007 :  00:16:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Starman a Private Message
Originally posted by Dr. Mabuse

Now, as the problem is fixed, ...
Congrats!
What happened? The surviving board members gave up?

We gave up on condos all together, moved to a house a month ago.

We went for an Electrolux model called Inspire.
Well,
"Nothing sucks like Electrolux."
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2007 :  14:09:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
Originally posted by Starman

Originally posted by Dr. Mabuse

Now, as the problem is fixed, ...
Congrats!
What happened? The surviving board members gave up?

I had to involve the health inspection board in town (hälsovårdsnämnden). They suggested the board hire a consultant to perform noise and vibration measurement. We had a meeting with the health inspection board and the board representatives together. In the beginning they board representatives insisted we pay for the measurement if it turned out measurements were below limits. I countered that I've spoken with people about it (hyresgästföreningen) and they said that house owners always pays for measurements. The health inspection board never countered me, so finally they agreed to perform the measurements.
The building superintendent (vice värd) were present with the consultant as he inspected and made measurements in the room where the ventilation system was, and apparently he told the superintendent what should be done to the ventilation.
When the final report arrived, it turned out the readings were slightly below limits, but in the report the consultant also wrote that noise was clearly detectable, and high enough to cause problems for someone with above normal hearing.
The board conceded, and told the health board they intended to perform the activities suggested by the consultant.
Apparently, whatever the consultant said when I was not present did the trick.

We gave up on condos all together, moved to a house a month ago.
Congratulations (if that is appropriate...?) I hope you'll like it in your new home!
Did your problems affect the value of your property?

We went for an Electrolux model called Inspire.
Well,
"Nothing sucks like Electrolux."

Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

Collateralmurder.
Edited by - Dr. Mabuse on 10/03/2007 14:14:54
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2007 :  02:13:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message

Edited by - HalfMooner on 10/06/2007 02:17:14
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2007 :  14:35:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
Originally posted by HalfMooner

Those look very nice, Mab, and sound like they have all the hight tech bells and whistles. Can't say I've even heard of a fridge or freezer with an alarm, though that seems an obvious feature. I presume these use the magnetocaloric effect?
No such technology. It's working with an ordinary compressor. But it uses iso-propane or iso-butane instead of HFC.

Good luck on the cabinet "trimming," I need yo do something like that myself, as I'd like to replace my now-defunct small-sized dishwasher with a standard model. (The small ones aren't cheaper, anyway.)
Well, I discovered a little too late that machines doesn't always do things better.
I didn't get the most important cut as clean as I wanted. Had I used the ordinary saw, it would have taken three times as long, but the cut would have been neat. Ah, well... I'll think of something. I usually do.

Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2007 :  09:11:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
I know that Jack Sarfatti is a crackpot physicist, but hasn't his name come up in connection with ID as well? Or was that simply someone with a similar name?

Edited by - HalfMooner on 10/07/2007 09:24:54
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.52 seconds.