These 3 Idiots...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

R.Wreck
SFN Regular

USA
1191 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2007 :  09:44:49  Show Profile Send R.Wreck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
should be immediately disqualified from holding any public office. From the Republican Candidate Debate:

quote:
There were revealing moments that went past the well-rehearsed lines by all the candidates. Three of the candidates — Mr. Huckabee, Senator Sam Brownback of Kansas and Representative Tom Tancredo of Colorado — raised their hands to signal that they did not believe in evolution.

And apparently, they did not get laughed off the stage as they so richly deserve.

It is hard to believe that anyone in the 21st century would vote for someone so ignorant as to deny evolution. Some days I'm just disgusted with the level of stupidity in this country.

The foundation of morality is to . . . give up pretending to believe that for which there is no evidence, and repeating unintelligible propositions about things beyond the possibliities of knowledge.
T. H. Huxley

The Cattle Prod of Enlightened Compassion

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2007 :  10:17:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Strange it says you are from the US, perhaps you should spend more time here on earth Marvin. I for one am shocked that only three raised their hands.

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2007 :  10:23:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
These three idiots of Republicans are....

No, no, one or a couple of these are just what we need to finish driving our current, ruling, idiological asswipes into the ground like a fence post. A pity that none has a ghost of a chance to get nominated. Not even the Republicans are that stupid.... Are they?

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2007 :  11:43:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Rude Pundit's take on the Republican clusterfuck debate.
quote:
5/04/2007
The Republican Debate: A Dead Dog Could Beat These Guys:

It's truly hard to pick out the creepiest moment of last night's visit to the Gipper's Chamber of Horrors, the Republican candidates' debate at the Ronald Reagan Library (a name that still makes the Rude Pundit giggle). For sheer crazed insanity, it's hard to beat when John McCain proclaimed about Osama bin Laden, "We will track him down. We will capture him. We will bring him to justice, and I will follow him to the gates of hell," and then he smiled. Not just a regular smile - a full-on face-engulfing, scarred-cheek-stretching smile that McCain must have done thinking about gutting his captors while hanging by his arms on a bamboo wall in the Hanoi Hilton just before they beat him again. Scary, scary stuff.

This had been preceded by Mitt Romney's pledge on bin Laden, "[H]e is going to pay, and he will die," gettin' all Brigham Young on bin Laden's ass. (Here's a fun Brigham Young quote: "Suppose you find your brother in bed with your wife, and you put a javelin through them both, you would be justified and they would be atoned for their sins and be received into the kingdom of God.") And it was done with the same passion that Romney would have if he knocked on your door and tried to get you to receive the Watchtower. Robo-Romney, all tan and perfectly-coiffed (how much for his fuckin' hairdo?), was absolutely the kind of guy who, if you saw him walking up to your front door on a Saturday morning, you'd shut off the TV and pretend you're not home.

But his uber-creepy moment was, in answer to what he disliked about America (which is a stupid fuckin' question to begin with), he went on about how molto-splendiferous America is, full of "hardworking, innovative, risk-taking, God-loving, family-oriented American people." And then he said, "It's that optimism we thank Ronald Reagan for." Yep, before Reagan, America was just a cesspool of cynicism and hatred, pessimism and blind adherence to lazy, solitary worship of ancient deities that they sacrificed babies to. But the divorced guy who was an asshole to his kids, gutted poverty programs, and wrecked the American economy, he made us all feel better.

Tell it, brother....!

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2007 :  14:36:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Did anyone notice Chris Matthews skipped past the evolution question answer almost not even noticing three hands went up? I believe he even said no one raised their hand as the three hands hesitantly went up.

I thought McCain was going to say I believe in evolution but ID should be taught in schools. But he didn't. He said, but God is still great [paraphrasing the pandering].

Another obvious fact -> All old white guys, dressed alike, black suits, most had red ties. Quite a contrast to the diversity among the Democratic candidates.

Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2007 :  14:56:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't believe in evolution either.

It is a scientific fact backed up by enormous amounts of hard data.

You think those three numnuts were thinking this way.....nah.

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds.