New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 15

j911ob
Skeptic Friend

223 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2007 :  15:21:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send j911ob a Private Message
Originally posted by Dave W.

Originally posted by j911ob

The dust does contain the exact signature of thermite. He presented the graphs at his recent lecture. That is what e will be submitting to science publications. It is irrefutable proof that thermite was used.
Then why is he publishing his promise to go find this evidence now, if he's already got the evidence?
Sorry, you lose.
What do I lose? Was there a competition here that I was unaware of? The one you've invented inside your own head doesn't count.

You also wrote:
How many hypotheses did NIST consider? Why did they ignore the iron spherules?
Jones' theory has to stand independently of NIST's. Your questions are just attempt to distract away from Jones' pathetic sciencey-sounding report. You've already demonstrated that you can't defend his paper, so now you resort to attempts at similar "debunking" (your word) of other sciencey-sounding stuff.

But the fact remains: you presented us with Jones' paper and said, "read it and weep." You must have considered it to be rock-solid, but high-school students could find the problems. So, ignore them instead, wave your hands at something else, and then give us another promise that the "proof" is just around the corner.

Im still waiting for your debunking of his paper.

You dismiss Greenings criticisms of NIST, yet I am supposed to accept your lsymens criticisms of Jones paper? mmmmmKay.

"Any pressurized can exposed to heat will explode like a grenade. Even a sealed bag of potato chips, if not melted by direct flame, can 'pop' with quite a report." - Kookbreaker at JREF, responding to reports of explosions in the towers.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2007 :  16:09:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
j911ob:
yet I am supposed to accept your lsymens criticisms of Jones paper? mmmmmKay.

No, you're supposed to defend your layman's acceptance of Jones's paper…

According to my watch, it's just about time for you to declare victory again.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

j911ob
Skeptic Friend

223 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2007 :  16:17:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send j911ob a Private Message
Originally posted by Kil

j911ob:

But im not a layman. And the paper speaks for itself.

Still waiting for that debunking.

"Any pressurized can exposed to heat will explode like a grenade. Even a sealed bag of potato chips, if not melted by direct flame, can 'pop' with quite a report." - Kookbreaker at JREF, responding to reports of explosions in the towers.
Go to Top of Page

j911ob
Skeptic Friend

223 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2007 :  18:08:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send j911ob a Private Message
What do I lose?

Your dignity.

Go to Top of Page

Hondo

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2007 :  18:19:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Hondo a Private Message

Originally posted by Kil

j911ob:

But im not a layman. And the paper speaks for itself.

Still waiting for that debunking.
I'm still waiting for you to rise above the rest of your peers and actually make a cogent case for this CT. Mere links and shifting the burden of proof are not sufficient, you should know that by now. If you are sincere in your convictions and genuinely have a desire to enlighten me/us (why else would you post about that here?) then you'll need to break the mold and quit trying to play "stump the board." Tell me, in your own words, why you believe in this? Is it nits about building collapses? Do you find the concept of international terrorism absurd? Something else? What about it "works" for you? Tie the whole thing in a nice little bow, starting with why the PTB had to do it, exactly how they did it, and how the current state of the world reflects what they did.

Remember, no links this time, I'm asking you. Up for that?
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2007 :  18:59:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
j911ob:
But im not a layman.

Please explain.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

j911ob
Skeptic Friend

223 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2007 :  19:14:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send j911ob a Private Message
If you are sincere in your convictions and genuinely have a desire to enlighten me/us (why else would you post about that here?) then you'll need to break the mold and quit trying to play "stump the board."

You really think Im here to enlighten the true believers here? You are wrong. Im here to make sure the lurkers and fence sitters see the real information, instead of just the denials.

Go to Top of Page

j911ob
Skeptic Friend

223 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2007 :  19:16:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send j911ob a Private Message
Originally posted by Kil

j911ob:
But im not a layman.

Please explain.

What part of my post did you not understand?

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2007 :  19:36:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message

Im still waiting for your debunking of his paper.
There's nothing in it to debunk. No substance. He's got over five pages of shameless self-promotion, six pages in which he fails to consider momentum calculations for the collapse of WTC 7 even though he says such calculations are important, five pages of relying on ancient and already-debunked numbers for the Towers' collapses, six pages saying that thermite burning bears a superficial similarity to a single event witnessed at the wrong corner of one tower, and the last five pages promising to find spectroscopic evidence in dust. Jones presents no new research, repeats old falsehoods, and generally goes absolutely nowhere in that paper. There's nothing to debunk.
You dismiss Greenings criticisms of NIST, yet I am supposed to accept your lsymens criticisms of Jones paper? mmmmmKay.
I didn't dismiss Greenings' criticisms of NIST. Half of what you quoted was criticisms of JREFers. His bio isn't a criticism of NIST, either. The one thing you quoted which was a sort of criticism ("NIST has no PROOF that fire insulation was stripped...") wasn't so much a criticism as a flat denial of what the NIST report actually says.

You also wrote:
But im not a layman.
What are you, then? What's your field of expertise and how does it relate to Dr. Jones' paper? Or are you Dr. Jones himself?
And the paper speaks for itself.
It talks a lot, but it sure doesn't say anything useful or new.

You also wrote:
What do I lose?
Your dignity.
How could I possibly lose my dignity if Dr. Jones is right?

You also wrote:
Im here to make sure the lurkers and fence sitters see the real information, instead of just the denials.
What denials? What real information?

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

j911ob
Skeptic Friend

223 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2007 :  19:53:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send j911ob a Private Message
six pages saying that thermite burning bears a superficial similarity to a single event witnessed at the wrong corner of one tower

What do you mean the wrong corner?

Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2007 :  20:01:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message

Originally posted by Kil

j911ob:
But im not a layman.

Please explain.

So, would layperson be a more satisfactory description of you with regard to the conspiracy and the related science's that we are discussing?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Hondo

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2007 :  20:18:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Hondo a Private Message

If you are sincere in your convictions and genuinely have a desire to enlighten me/us (why else would you post about that here?) then you'll need to break the mold and quit trying to play "stump the board."
You really think Im here to enlighten the true believers here? You are wrong.
What was the very first word I posted in your little snippet j911ob? It was If. It seems that in your haste to get back at a "debunker" you omitted that in your reply. This knee-jerk response reflects negatively on any credibility that you claim you want to garner with the lurkers here as it implies that you can't read properly. Since you brought it up, what I actually think is that you're a rather lame paranoid woo with obsessive/compulsive tendencies. It's quite obvious that you have a bug up your butt regarding people and boards that promote critical thinking. We bother you just because we exist. We're anathema to the garbage to try to sell and you are obsessed with trying to tweak our little noses at every opportunty because of it. If you got banned you'd try to come back as a sock-puppet. Despite that, I gave you a chance to qualify yourself and your beliefs and you try to throw it back in my face. Wonder what a fence-sitter is to think?
Im here to make sure the lurkers and fence sitters see the real information, instead of just the denials.
You mean like posting links to tales of mural trucks with the 9/11 WTC attacks painted on it's side? Heh, I'll bet even some of your peers had a chuckle with that one.

Maybe it's time to have someone else from your woo realm give it a go as you're not exactly helping their cause over here.
Go to Top of Page

j911ob
Skeptic Friend

223 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2007 :  20:31:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send j911ob a Private Message
Originally posted by Kil

Originally posted by Kil

j911ob:
But im not a layman.

Please explain.

So, would layperson be a more satisfactory description of you with regard to the conspiracy and the related science's that we are discussing?

No.

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2007 :  20:44:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message

That's it? That's your whole response to my entire post? To ask me a question to which you should already know the answer if you've been paying attention?

I'll ask again: what sort of not-a-layperson are you?

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

j911ob
Skeptic Friend

223 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2007 :  21:16:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send j911ob a Private Message
Originally posted by Dave W.

That's it? That's your whole response to my entire post? To ask me a question to which you should already know the answer if you've been paying attention?

I'll ask again: what sort of not-a-layperson are you?

Answer my question. How was it the wrong corner?

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.55 seconds.