Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 15

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  07:19:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by j911ob

quote:
Originally posted by furshur

quote:
Thats why the rubble of 7 was whisked away so quickly before it could be properly examined.

What is the proper amount of time to leave rubble before cleaning it up?

At a crime scene? Until it has been examined. In the case of a building collapsing in that way, the rubble should have stayed until the proper analysis could be done. Bill Manning of Fire Engineering called the FEMA investigation of the site a "half baked farce" because of the speed of debris removal and it being shipped off.

We are finally in some agreement, although I doubt it'll last.

Now tell me, when exactly have I or anyone gone ad hom on your ass? I resent the implication.

All I have seen is criticism of your posts. Even though some of it is pretty rough, it still ain't ad hom.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

j911ob
Skeptic Friend

223 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  07:26:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send j911ob a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by filthy

quote:

quote:

quote:
Thats why the rubble of 7 was whisked away so quickly before it could be properly examined.

At a crime scene? Until it has been examined. In the case of a building collapsing in that way, the rubble should have stayed until the proper analysis could be done. Bill Manning of Fire Engineering called the FEMA investigation of the site a "half baked farce" because of the speed of debris removal and it being shipped off.

Now tell me, when exactly have I or anyone gone ad hom on your ass? I resent the implication.

All I have seen is criticism of your posts. Even though some of it is pretty rough, it still ain't ad hom.

All I have seen is ad hom. In 12 hours on this site I have been falsely accused of sock puppetry and anti semitism. I have been called a nutter etc etc.

"Any pressurized can exposed to heat will explode like a grenade. Even a sealed bag of potato chips, if not melted by direct flame, can 'pop' with quite a report." - Kookbreaker at JREF, responding to reports of explosions in the towers.
Go to Top of Page

j911ob
Skeptic Friend

223 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  07:27:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send j911ob a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by HalfMooner

quote:

This forum is just all ad hominem. The 25 rules of disinformation are also be very well used here.

You're psychotic. You've been told this before, haven't you?

Heres an example of the ad hom. Im 12 hours in and im called psychotic.

"Any pressurized can exposed to heat will explode like a grenade. Even a sealed bag of potato chips, if not melted by direct flame, can 'pop' with quite a report." - Kookbreaker at JREF, responding to reports of explosions in the towers.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  07:27:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
But wait, I correct myself. You have been the target of some mildly abusive remarks. I'm afraid that you're just gonna have to suck that up. I've no doubt it'll change when you post something not involving hand-waving; like, f'instance, telling us how the charges might have been surreptitiously set in 7.

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

j911ob
Skeptic Friend

223 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  07:29:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send j911ob a Private Message
quote:

But wait, I correct myself. You have been the target of some mildly abusive remarks. I'm afraid that you're just gonna have to suck that up. I've no doubt it'll change when you post something not involving hand-waving; like, f'instance, telling us how the charges might have been surreptitiously set in 7.

No, those remarks people are making are breaking the rules. They are clearly hoping I will retaliate so then ill be banned. Tough luck. Ad homs will just make me put people on ignore.

Exdactly what did ergo do? His posts seem quite respectful to me.

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  07:30:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Honestly, when someone shows up, makes a bunch of claims and refuses to provide evidence supporting the important ones, what's left but to comment on his personality faults? It is impossible to critically examine a conclusion when the evidence, logic and assumptions for that conclusion are kept purposefully hidden. Therefore, any personal remarks that j911ob has received are due to his own reluctance to allow his arguments to be fully evaluated. Of course, he's still using the term "ad hominem" improperly.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

j911ob
Skeptic Friend

223 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  07:31:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send j911ob a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dave W.

Honestly, when someone shows up, makes a bunch of claims and refuses to provide evidence supporting the important ones, what's left but to comment on his personality faults? It is impossible to critically examine a conclusion when the evidence, logic and assumptions for that conclusion are kept purposefully hidden. Therefore, any personal remarks that j911ob has received are due to his own reluctance to allow his arguments to be fully evaluated. Of course, he's still using the term "ad hominem" improperly.

Do your rules allow users to call other users psychotic and nutters? If so can I use them?

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  07:31:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

All I have seen is ad hom. In 12 hours on this site I have been falsely accused of sock puppetry and anti semitism. I have been called a nutter etc etc.

I will even extend an apology, although I haven't done any of it.

However, I'd still be interested in how those charges were set, alledgly. Y'see, I don't know for sure how 7 came down, although I am highly skeptical that it was done by explosive implosion.

Convince me...

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  07:35:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:
Do your rules allow users to call other users psychotic and nutters? If so can I use them?
Have at it. Here, we pretty much take care of ourselves.

But don't be suprised at the results.

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

j911ob
Skeptic Friend

223 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  07:37:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send j911ob a Private Message
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I will even extend an apology, although I haven't done any of it.

However, I'd still be interested in how those charges were set, alledgly. Y'see, I don't know for sure how 7 came down, although I am highly skeptical that it was done by explosive implosion.

Convince me...

You seem to require an inordinate amount of evidence. You only need look at the bigger picture.

An unprecedented collapse. I have proved that FDNY had to withdraw from the pile till 7 came down, a perfect motive for getting rid of it. I have provided testimony of 2 EMTs with no motive to lie that the building was going to be brought down.

The report is not out 5 years later and the head of the report admits last year that they really dont know why seven collapsed.

The collapse looks exactly like a controlled demolition. Nobody can credibly argue that random fires and damage could create such a collapse.

Go to Top of Page

j911ob
Skeptic Friend

223 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  07:38:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send j911ob a Private Message
quote:

quote:

So why was ergo banned? Please show me his offending posts.

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  07:42:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:

No, those remarks people are making are breaking the rules. They are clearly hoping I will retaliate so then ill be banned. Tough luck. Ad homs will just make me put people on ignore.
Putting people on ignore just means that you won't receive private messages from them. And insults are different from ad hominem arguments. Nobody is saying that your arguments are incorrect because you're psychotic.
quote:
ergo finally got banned for net-copping imaginary rules here (just like you are starting to do by asserting that people questioning your sanity are "breaking the rules") and then violating those imaginary rules. So if you think that calling "other users psychotic and nutters" is against the rules, then no, you may not do the same, and you should apologize to me for calling me a troll.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

j911ob
Skeptic Friend

223 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  07:46:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send j911ob a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dave W.

quote:

Putting people on ignore just means that you won't receive private messages from them. And insults are different from ad hominem arguments. Nobody is saying that your arguments are incorrect because you're psychotic.
quote:
ergo finally got banned for net-copping imaginary rules here (just like you are starting to do by asserting that people questioning your sanity are "breaking the rules") and then violating those imaginary rules. So if you think that calling "other users psychotic and nutters" is against the rules, then no, you may not do the same, and you should apologize to me for calling me a troll.

I apologise for calling you a troll.

I will not be breaking any rules here and will not be resorting to childish insults and attacks. So if im banned it will not be for those reasons.

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  07:46:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:

quote:

quote:

So why was ergo banned? Please show me his offending posts.

I did not ban ergo, nor would I have. That question should properly go to forum moderation.

I will say that he was extremely obnoxious and disruptive. Are you aquainted with him?

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  07:46:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:

An unprecedented collapse.
Hardly. Two much larger buildings collapsed just hours before.
quote:
Nobody can credibly argue that random fires and damage could create such a collapse.
You're just trying to shift the burden of proof away from yourself. What others can "credibly argue" is irrelevant to whether your argument from incredulity is valid and sound. It isn't.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds.