911 conspiracies
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 15

dmayer76

17 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2007 :  19:42:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send dmayer76 a Private Message
Loose Change: Final Cut...will be a dismal failure. I expect Marc Cuban to pull out of the deal late in the game. And if it does go to theatres...most Americans will view it with intelligent skepticism. And then when they hear about the NWO, the Zionists, the Illuminati, the Freemasons, they will truly understand what this is REALLY about, and disregard the truth movemant as morons and loonys.

I am willing to bet you money, real money, that nothing significant will come out of LC:FC.

Willing to put it to a bet?
Go to Top of Page

j911ob
Skeptic Friend

223 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2007 :  19:47:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send j911ob a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by dmayer76

Loose Change: Final Cut...will be a dismal failure. I expect Marc Cuban to pull out of the deal late in the game. And if it does go to theatres...most Americans will view it with intelligent skepticism. And then when they hear about the NWO, the Zionists, the Illuminati, the Freemasons, they will truly understand what this is REALLY about, and disregard the truth movemant as morons and loonys.

I am willing to bet you money, real money, that nothing significant will come out of LC:FC.

Willing to put it to a bet?

Intelligent skepticism? Most americans believe in god. Most americans alsio rightly believe that JFK was a conspiracy. They are very open to such thinking.

A lot of americans dont even know in which year 911 happened. They are about to wake up. Please get used to it.

"Any pressurized can exposed to heat will explode like a grenade. Even a sealed bag of potato chips, if not melted by direct flame, can 'pop' with quite a report." - Kookbreaker at JREF, responding to reports of explosions in the towers.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2007 :  19:52:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by j911ob

Most americans alsio rightly believe that JFK was a conspiracy.
Where's the evidence for that claim?

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

j911ob
Skeptic Friend

223 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2007 :  20:02:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send j911ob a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dave W.

quote:

Most americans alsio rightly believe that JFK was a conspiracy.
Where's the evidence for that claim?

Here:

http://www.zogby.com/news/ReadNews.dbm?ID=758

"In September 3 – 5, 2003 polling by Zogby International, nearly three in five (57%) likely voters said a conspiracy of at least two or more gunmen was responsible for the slaying. Just over one in five (22%) said they believe the government's position of a single gunman. Ten percent had yet another theory, and 11% were not sure."

"Any pressurized can exposed to heat will explode like a grenade. Even a sealed bag of potato chips, if not melted by direct flame, can 'pop' with quite a report." - Kookbreaker at JREF, responding to reports of explosions in the towers.
Go to Top of Page

dmayer76

17 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2007 :  20:05:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send dmayer76 a Private Message
Even i believe that jfk was probably a conspiracy. lyndon johnson thought that the cubans did it.

but, once again, jfk being a possible conspiracy is NOT evidence of 9-11 being anything other then 19 crazy hijackers.

but, in the minds of conspiracy theorists, evidence for one conspiracy, is evidence for all conspiracies.

it rained a few days ago..i wonder if the chinese did it.
Go to Top of Page

GeeMack
SFN Regular

USA
1093 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2007 :  20:12:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send GeeMack a Private Message
Once again you've failed to provide evidence for one of your claims, j911ob. "Most Americans" and "likely voters" are not the same groups of people. You made the assertion that "Most americans alsio rightly believe that JFK was a conspiracy." Can you substantiate that claim with evidence, yes or no?
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2007 :  20:13:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:

http://www.zogby.com/news/ReadNews.dbm?ID=758
So "57% of likely voters" equals "most Americans" to you, when just over 60% of the possible voters actually voted in 2006? I'd say you've got sample-size and generalization problems in making such a leap.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

j911ob
Skeptic Friend

223 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2007 :  20:13:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send j911ob a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by GeeMack

Once again you've failed to provide evidence for one of your claims, j911ob. "Most Americans" and "likely voters" are not the same groups of people. You made the assertion that "Most americans alsio rightly believe that JFK was a conspiracy." Can you substantiate that claim with evidence, yes or no?

Yes:

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/wnt/US/JFK_poll_031116.html

"ABCNEWS has completed a poll in conjunction with a two-hour ABCNEWS special, Peter Jennings Reporting: The Kennedy Assassination — Beyond Conspiracy, airing 9-11 p.m. (EST) Thursday, Nov. 20. The program includes a computer-generated reconstruction of the shooting that confirms that Oswald was the lone gunman. And it finds no persuasive evidence of a conspiracy to kill the president.

Just 32 percent accept the Warren Commission's 1964 finding that Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone when he shot Kennedy as his motorcade passed through downtown Dallas on Nov. 22, 1963. Fifty-one percent think there was a second gunman, and seven percent go so far as to think Oswald wasn't involved at all.

Sixty-eight percent of Americans also think there was "an official cover-up" to hide the truth about the assassination from the public. And about as many, 65 percent, think that "important unanswered questions" remain, four decades after Kennedy's death."

Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  00:47:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message
quote:
Most americans alsio rightly believe that JFK was a conspiracy

The problem isn't with your claim of what most Americans think, it is with your characterization of it.

"rightly"

As in, you claim that they are correct.

As for your dipshit hero Professor Jones:
His paper couldn't hold water if you laminated it.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  02:58:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
I suggest folks go to the Loose Screws site and search using the word, "Jews." Amazing how much anti-Semitism is revealed there.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  04:42:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
It turns out that I have heard of Doctor Jones, after all. I ran a quick wiki on the name and it turns out that he was sort of on the periphery of the Fleischman & Pons debacle. I now, vaguely, remember the name.
quote:
Steven Earl Jones is an American physicist. For most of his career, Jones was known mainly for his work on muon-catalyzed cold fusion. In the fall of 2006, amid controversy surrounding his work on the collapse of the World Trade Center, he was relieved of his teaching duties and placed on paid leave from Brigham Young University. On October 20, 2006, he announced his retirement. His hypothesis is that the World Trade Center was destroyed by controlled explosive demolition during the September 11 attacks, not the impact of the airplanes that hit them or the fires that followed. Jones' theory about the September 11 attacks is part of many 9/11 conspiracy theories.

It's an interesting read. It almost looks like he's been slowly going 'round the bend for quite some time.

It really doesn't matter what everyone in the country thinks. That is a logical fallacy called Argument from Popularity, and as supporting evidence, it is worthless.

It is easy to spot evidence for a controlled demolition. All you have to do is pick through the rubble searching for beams and girders that look like they'd been partially cut with a knife. That is the signature of a linear shaped charge.

There was also mention of the BBC getting the news 20 & some-odd minutes before the fact, and psychic process' were postulated. This is an insult to the intelligence. There is no evidence whatsoever for the existence of such. Geller is a mere stage magician, and not a very good one, and Sylvia Brown, et al., are charlatans grifting the gullible.

The government's crime was one of arrogant neglect. Mark, you asked what I thought (sorry to get back so late, but I'm old and it had been a trying day). I think that, starting from the top, the officials ignoring the threat should have been impeached, indicted, and tried accordingly. And now a malfeasance of office charge could be made to stick, not to mention war-crimes, and should I have anything to say about it: treason.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

j911ob
Skeptic Friend

223 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  04:45:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send j911ob a Private Message
Thats why the rubble of 7 was whisked away so quickly before it could be properly examined.

This forum is just all ad hominem. The 25 rules of disinformation are also be very well used here.

Go to Top of Page

furshur
SFN Regular

USA
1536 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  05:17:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send furshur a Private Message
quote:
Thats why the rubble of 7 was whisked away so quickly before it could be properly examined.

What is the proper amount of time to leave rubble before cleaning it up?

If I knew then what I know now then I would know more now than I know.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  05:18:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
quote:

This forum is just all ad hominem. The 25 rules of disinformation are also be very well used here.

You're psychotic. You've been told this before, haven't you?

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

j911ob
Skeptic Friend

223 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  05:20:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send j911ob a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by furshur

quote:

What is the proper amount of time to leave rubble before cleaning it up?

At a crime scene? Until it has been examined. In the case of a building collapsing in that way, the rubble should have stayed until the proper analysis could be done. Bill Manning of Fire Engineering called the FEMA investigation of the site a "half baked farce" because of the speed of debris removal and it being shipped off.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.26 seconds.