Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Forums | Active Topics | Active Polls | Register | FAQ | Contact Us  
  Connect: Chat | SFN Messenger | Buddy List | Members
Personalize: Profile | My Page | Forum Bookmarks  
 All Forums
 Our Skeptic Forums
 Conspiracy Theories
 Why are any 9-11 conspiracy theorists still alive?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  14:40:15  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If the government or whatever power that is supposed to have conducted the 9-11 operation were worried about cover up, why do they let people who are investigating the varied conspiracies live?

Would it not be in their best interest to silence these people? Then, with no opposition voice, over time the majority of the average people would accept the official story?

There is no 9/11 conspiracy you morons.

quote:
Whatever reason it may be that the government supposedly orchestrated this conspiracy, it must have been worth it to them to cause so much suffering and loss of life. So if there's any truth to this, then you can bet your ass that the government wouldn't let a couple of pecker-neck chumps with a couple of Macs and too much time on their hands jeopardise their entire operation by letting this stupid video float around on the Internet. I can picture you morons emailing me now: "BUT MADOX, MAYBE DYLAN POSTED IT ON THE INTERNET BEFORE THE GOVERNMENT HAD A CHANCE TO REMOVE IT LOL." Yeah, too bad this rebuttal is inconsistent with the premise of Dylan's shit-festival of a movie: that the WTC was brought down "in a carefully planned and controlled demolition ... and it was pulled off with military precision." Now we're expected to believe that the same government that was able to commit the largest terrorist operation in history--with military precision no less--is suddenly too incompetent to sniff out and shut down a little website set up by some college losers within days, if not minutes of its creation? The US government has the capability to monitor every electronic communication made anywhere in the world, yet we're expected to believe that they wouldn't be able to nix this kid long before his video ever became popular?

I think this is a very valid question and points to one of the (many) major weaknesses of the 9/11 conspiracy theories. I am interested in thoughts on this.

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.

Edited by - pleco on 05/08/2007 14:40:52

dmayer76

17 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  18:03:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send dmayer76 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Some 9-11 conspiracists actually argue, that the "truth" movemant is part of their master plan. Dylan Avery, may I see some ID?
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  18:13:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So the truth is out there, and it's all lies.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  18:36:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The fact is, there is a plan in place to "silence" the truth-seekers.
They are meant to be drafted and placed in the frontline in Iraq to be killed by Iraqi and Al Quaeda insurgents.

But the plan The Administration wants to implement isn't going as well as they thought. Re-instating the draft is not a certainty anymore since the republicans lost both houses in the latest election.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  18:52:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dammit, pleco! I was hoping the OP was going to be some kind of call for action, but alas, no.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  19:41:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In a South Park episode, it said that people who thought 9-11 was part of a conspiracy were actually part of a conspiracy started by the government to make the government look more powerful than it actually is.

Why continue? Because we must. Because we have the call. Because it is nobler to fight for rationality without winning than to give up in the face of continued defeats. Because whatever true progress humanity makes is through the rationality of the occasional individual and because any one individual we may win for the cause may do more for humanity than a hundred thousand who hug their superstitions to their breast.
- Isaac Asimov
Edited by - Ricky on 05/08/2007 19:44:49
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  19:54:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's it, Ricky! In reality, it's j911ob who's one of the conspirators, and he's craftily trying to hide his real identity by feigning to be British (note his spelling of "centre," and on the LC forums, his calling potato chips "crisps"). After the butt-kicking we gave them 230 years ago, nobody would ever expect a Brit to be involved with trying to make the U.S. Government look more powerful than it is. I bet he gets a check in the mail every month, signed by the director of the CIA hisownself.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2007 :  08:10:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nah they would never sign the check, the money comes out of the Black Ops crack slush fund.

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Go to Top of Page

JohnOAS
SFN Regular

Australia
800 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2007 :  19:43:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit JohnOAS's Homepage Send JohnOAS a Private Message  Reply with Quote
By the way, did everyone check out:

Unfastened Coins: Titanic Conspiracy

by Maddox? I hadn't been over there for a couple of months or more, (thanks for the heads up pleco) and got a damn good chuckle out of it.

From TBPITU

COINCIDENCE???

I literally got chills when I discovered this. Whoever orchestrated this plot really knew what they were doing. I'm tired of being lied to. I'm mad as hell and I'm going to keep editing video until I get some answers. All day if I have to. Spread the truth!!!

(bolding mine) The video's are great too.

Edit: I cannot figure out why the lines are missing from my quote block, or why the text colour is as screwy as it it. It's probably related to the black helicopters I keep almost seeing.

John's just this guy, you know.
Edited by - JohnOAS on 05/09/2007 19:45:55
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds.