Spore delayed until 2008
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2007 :  00:50:04  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Link

quote:
Well, presume no longer. Today during a post-earnings report conference call with analysts, newly re-installed EA CEO John Riccitiello shattered many-a-gamer's dreams by announcing that Spore is no longer on the publisher's 2008 fiscal year calendar, which ends on March 31, 2008.

Well, shit.

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.

Vegeta
Skeptic Friend

United Kingdom
238 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2007 :  05:36:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Vegeta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ffs i been waiting for about 5 years now

What are you looking at? Haven't you ever seen a pink shirt before?

"I was asked if I would do a similar sketch but focusing on the shortcomings of Islam rather than Christianity. I said, 'No, no I wouldn't. I may be an atheist but I'm not stupid.'" - Steward Lee
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2007 :  06:40:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
AAAAAAAAArrrrrgggghhhh!

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2007 :  06:49:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can only hope that this means the final product will be that much better.

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2007 :  07:54:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
According to my daughter, Spore is apparently an ongoing victim of feature creep, something that often happens with the pet software projects of powerful people. Every advance in hardware and software gives the designers a whole new set of goals.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2007 :  08:00:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If that's the case, Half, then I'll need the extra time to save up for a new computer, 'cause my POS can't even handle Doom 3.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Vegeta
Skeptic Friend

United Kingdom
238 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2007 :  06:21:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Vegeta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
apparently a creatures 4 is coming out soon as well.

I played 3 to death already

What are you looking at? Haven't you ever seen a pink shirt before?

"I was asked if I would do a similar sketch but focusing on the shortcomings of Islam rather than Christianity. I said, 'No, no I wouldn't. I may be an atheist but I'm not stupid.'" - Steward Lee
Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2007 :  12:39:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by HalfMooner

According to my daughter, Spore is apparently an ongoing victim of feature creep, something that often happens with the pet software projects of powerful people. Every advance in hardware and software gives the designers a whole new set of goals.

Any idea where she got this information?

Why continue? Because we must. Because we have the call. Because it is nobler to fight for rationality without winning than to give up in the face of continued defeats. Because whatever true progress humanity makes is through the rationality of the occasional individual and because any one individual we may win for the cause may do more for humanity than a hundred thousand who hug their superstitions to their breast.
- Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2007 :  15:58:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Ricky

Originally posted by HalfMooner

Any idea where she got this information?
Can't say or give better details, sorry. My daughter has friends close to the situation, but they aren't giving her very much detail, and she also can't directly quote them. Note, too, that I am not naming her, even. There seems to exist informal networks among the computer game industry people who often move from job to job, much like in Hollywood, but there are also limits upon what they normally tell one another.

But it supposedly is apparent to a lot of people "in the industry" that Will Wright, Spore's designer, wants to get his game exactly right. Electonic Arts is giving him much more latitude than it would give almost anyone else. This is proving very expensive for EA. Both within and outside of EA, there is both jealousy toward Wright among game developers who are kept on much tighter leashes, and respect for his attempt to create his masterwork just as he envisions it.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds.