Fringe scientists unite
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2007 :  03:56:39  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Las Vegas hosts first global alternative science conference

Las Vegas, Nevada, May 10, 2007 (WWNN) -- A gala atmosphere kicked off the first annual meeting of the World Other Orders of Wisdom Omnibus Organization. WOOWOO was founded last year by its Chairman, Frank Lee Krakt, who is also President and CEO of the International Ology Registry.

WOOWOO attendees discuss their sciences with their peers

"I love this!" exclaimed amateur Caseolunologist Gilbert Grapple, of Ukiah, California, as he propounded his theory that the moon has a surface structure chemically and culinarilly similar to cheese. "But it's not green," Grapple hastened to add. "That would just be silly! I will be reading my paper tomorrow morning here, with my presentation published as part of the WOOWOO DVD set to be mailed to all attendees afterward. I've already paid the fee and had Caseolunology registered as a science. Now my presentation will count as a peer review, and that'll make me a real space scientist!" Mr. Grapple's eyes shone with pride.

"I've just now registered the science of 'IDeology' with Mr. Krakt's Ology Registry," said Michael Behe. "Some day I may actually do an experiment to disprove Darwinism. But in the meantime, I'll read my paper and establish myself as the leading IDeologist on earth. Who's going to make fun of me then? We've all signed a nondisclosure statement: What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas."

But one attendee who would not give his name was less enthusiastic about the gathering. "These sheeple are bad for their Ologies," he remarked. "And anyway, this is all just an elaborate setup, so the Reptiloids can have the Jews, through the Vatican, the Freemasons, and the British Royals, keep better track of the rebels. Wheels turning within wheels, within wheels."

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.

Edited by - HalfMooner on 05/10/2007 04:23:32

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2007 :  06:14:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
WOOWOO looks like a great organization. I should join; after all, I'm an acknowledged expert in the esoteric field of Baited Ichthyology and it's Practical Applications.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2007 :  16:38:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by filthy

WOOWOO looks like a great organization. I should join; after all, I'm an acknowledged expert in the esoteric field of Baited Ichthyology and it's Practical Applications.

I assume you've proven your science via experiment, and have had the results peer reviewed at the table of science?

Go to Top of Page

Chippewa
SFN Regular

USA
1496 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2007 :  17:20:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Chippewa's Homepage Send Chippewa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm still trying to measure the "speed of dark" but I keep bumping my head and knocking over equipment. (The experiment is spoiled as soon as I turn on a flashlight.)

Go to Top of Page

Boron10
Religion Moderator

USA
1266 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2007 :  17:39:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Boron10 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by HalfMooner
...amateur Caseolunologist Gilbert Grapple...
I wonder what's eating him?
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2007 :  18:07:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Boron10

...amateur Caseolunologist Gilbert Grapple...
I wonder what's eating him?
Nice catch, Boron! (I love to reply now, with these neat boxes!)

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2007 :  18:23:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Originally posted by filthy

I assume you've proven your science via experiment, and have had the results peer reviewed at the table of science?

But of course. There is always some disagreement on peripheral matters such as classification of baits by species and their effectiveness when artificial reproductions are employed, grease temperatures and time of immersion, and cole slaw recipes. But the overall science is sound.

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  06:11:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Chippewa

I'm still trying to measure the "speed of dark" but I keep bumping my head and knocking over equipment. (The experiment is spoiled as soon as I turn on a flashlight.)

I've been trying to build a flashlight that projects a 20-watt shadow beam. If it ever works, maybe it will help you in your experiment, Chip.

Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  06:53:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message  Reply with Quote
filthy said:
I'm an acknowledged expert in the esoteric field of Baited Ichthyology and it's Practical Applications.

I prefer Transfixion Ichthyology myself. Some of the best specimens are unobtainable via baiting.

Lachnolaimus maximus, for example.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

Chippewa
SFN Regular

USA
1496 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  11:13:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Chippewa's Homepage Send Chippewa a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Originally posted by Chippewa

I've been trying to build a flashlight that projects a 20-watt shadow beam. If it ever works, maybe it will help you in your experiment, Chip.

Very nice. I'd recommend placing a dime on the center of the lens. This will result in a projected "beam of dark" surround by the light. My theory is that the dark beam is not moving with the light but was always there, hidden between the photons.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  12:57:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dude

filthy said:
I'm an acknowledged expert in the esoteric field of Baited Ichthyology and it's Practical Applications.

I prefer Transfixion Ichthyology myself. Some of the best specimens are unobtainable via baiting.

Lachnolaimus maximus, for example.

You get a hogfish once in a while ichthyologcally baiting on the grouper banks. They're very pretty and tastey.

Unfortunatly, Transfixion Ichthyology smacks of effort and limited beer, and that is what we Baiting Ichthyologists are working studiously to avoid. I myself, hold an advanced degree in Trotlining, both catfish....

.... and crab.

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  13:35:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Unfortunatly, Transfixion Ichthyology smacks of effort and limited beer, and that is what we Baiting Ichthyologists are working studiously to avoid. I myself, hold an advanced degree in Trotlining, both catfish....

There is some small effort involved, and the beer must be consumed after the collection session, but as with Baited Ichthyology a fair ammount is involved.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds.