Westboro Baptist Church even more outrageous
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

McQ
Skeptic Friend

USA
258 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  13:44:16  Show Profile Send McQ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
http://www.break.com/index/this-pastor-is-insane.html

This is the most insane thing I think I've ever seen. Now the loonies at WBC are saying that the Va.Tach massacre happened because the US persecuted WBC. I didn't think they could say anything crazier than they were already saying.

I was wrong.

Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Gillette

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  13:47:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This means that God is reverting back to OT style and directly possessed a human to kill other humans.

This could be the evidence we have been looking for!!!

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  15:20:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, the good side of this is that, at a time of the advance of the New Atheism, the demented Fred Phelps presents this hateful tirade as a Christian message. This atheist thanks Fred!

Of course, far less psychotic Christians will, rightfully, distance themselves from Phelps' latest nonsense (at least when directly asked about it), but how many of them simply do this as required in self-defense?

Why don't more of this much larger group of Christians demonstrate against the WBC? Why don't ten or a hundred thousand "good" Christians to surround and drown out the hundred or less WBC people when they celebrate "God's wrath" at the funerals of innocents? Is this because they don't have the courage of their convictions? Is it because some of them privately agree with Phelps? Or do they consider him merely another preacher, though one who is sometimes embarrassing?

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  15:29:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd like to punch that guy in the face, with a brick.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  15:31:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dude

I'd like to punch that guy in the face, with a brick.

Oh, man, that would be so sweet. But it would be illegal, and you'd likely get caught.

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  15:56:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Get caught? He'd brag about it.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  16:27:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

Get caught? He'd brag about it.
I certainly would, but I was assuming Dude had more class than I do.

Go to Top of Page

Orwellingly Yurz
SFN Regular

USA
529 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  16:50:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Orwellingly Yurz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
YO: The video of this dipsy-doodle WBO preacher is not something new. What IS new is the technological delivery systems available for idiots like this to spew their fear and hate around the globe.

One summer, when I was a kid, a tent revival showed up not too far from my neighborhood in Kansas, yes, Kansas. I was just a young boy, but the shit they were laying down, even then, I smelled as shit. My playmate and I came to the services two or three evenings to listen, and were giggling, quietly, through most all of it.

These kind of people have always existed. Getting their message out to other looney tunes is what makes things more difficult for people with more rational tendencies to sustain life and limb. But then again, free speech is important, even for those who know not what the fuck they do.

By the way, when I was in grade school, Kansas boasted one of the best public education systems in the US. My how things have changed.
Makes me understand why some dude from Kansas City wrote a book called, "Whatever Happened To Kansas?"

But there is a light at the end of the Kansas tunnel, Toto. Seems all the Creationists have been kicked off the school board there and the Governor acts like she has some sense, and fights these sanctimonious morons. Thank god she got elected.

OY---and a whole bunch of Veys.

"The modern conservative...is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy. That is the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
--John Kenneth Galbraith

If dogs run free
Then what must be,
Must be...
And that is all
--Bob Dylan

The neo-cons have gotten welfare for themselves down to a fine art.
--me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, but not the mineral rights."
--J. Paul Getty

"The great thing about Art isn't what it give us, but what we become through it."
--Oscar Wilde

"We have Art in order not to die of life."
--Albert Camus

"I cling like a miser to the freedom I lose when surrounded by an abundance of things."
--Albert Camus

"Experience is the name so many people give to their mistakes."
--Oscar Wilde
Go to Top of Page

Randy
SFN Regular

USA
1990 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  19:32:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Randy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I still laugh thinking back when Michael Moore on his TV Nation or Awful Truth program did a sidewalk confrontation with the flaming-asshole-of-the-entire-universe known as Fred Phelps. Had something to do with a pink painted RV full of naughtily-dressed gays spilling out and prancing around and taunting him. I've got it on VHS somewheres in the garage.
Maybe I'll do a search on Youtube....just about everything is on there now.

Edited to add...

I'll be goddamned....youtube came up with it! Enjoy....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33-_9nOX8KM

"We are all connected; to each other biologically, to the earth chemically, to the rest of the universe atomically."

"So you're made of detritus [from exploded stars]. Get over it. Or better yet, celebrate it. After all, what nobler thought can one cherish than that the universe lives within us all?"
-Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Edited by - Randy on 05/11/2007 20:08:32
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  21:43:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message  Reply with Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZPsTM-4qgg&mode=related&search=

This one is great too.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  22:01:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Phelps is brave to invoke Psalms 58:10, since the whole chapter calls the rulers wicked and prays for the unjust leaders to have their teeth broken out (eesh!). Phelps is nothing if not a leader, yet he claims that the 33 dead at VA Tech are the wicked (according to Ps. 58:10) so he should rejoice. Phelps' God appears to be very much into random retribution, and Fred's disappointed that it wasn't 33,000.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  22:15:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dude

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZPsTM-4qgg&mode=related&search=
This one is great too.
This video includes the lead-in to that segment.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds.