Global Warming, the REAL conspiracy!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2007 :  23:43:26  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It goes like this:

The US, the world's largest polluter (and until a few weeks ago the largest polluter of CO2) has not built a new nuclear reactor since the 70s.

Also:
The US has strict guidlines on the growing of gene modified plants.

The main reason for this is pressure from environmentalist groups.

If we had been building nuclear reactors and working on gene modified sugarbeets/corn/etc(to make them produce more sugar per plant) since the 70s, we'd not be polluting nearly as much CO2 as we do now, and not making such a big contribution to global warming!

Also, if the US had 6 or 700 nuclear reactors up and running, the price to build one of these things would have fallen dramatically over the last 30 years, making them a plausible alternative for countries like China and India to use instead of coal!

If we had been researching gene mod crops to increase sugar/acre production, we'd have a reliable source of ethanol for vehicles by now!

So you see, Global Warming HAS BEEN CAUSED BY THE ENVIRONMENTALISTS!

So fiendishly clever....

Now that I have exposed the environmentalist evil plot to heat up the globe, I fully expect the ridicule of the sheeple and pseudoskeptics. So bring it on!

I'm sure I can go edit some video of environmentalists protesting nukes and gene mod crops, set it to spooky music, and narrate in a monotone voice that lets everyone know I'm right.

EBVIRONMENTALISTS BEWARE! WE ARE ON TO YOU!

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2007 :  09:40:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, atleast I think I'm funny.... /cry

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2007 :  10:05:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dude

Hey thats all that matters Dude.

I'm just not agreeing because I can see this post spreading across the internets like blue fairies from the moon.

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Go to Top of Page

Boron10
Religion Moderator

USA
1266 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2007 :  13:40:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Boron10 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dude

I hate to break it to you, Dude, but I've been saying something very similar to this for years ...

Edited to Add: I just realized my statement above was rather ambiguous. While I have been saying, "at least I think I'm funny," for years, I was actually referring to Dude's first post. -- B10
Edited by - Boron10 on 05/22/2007 13:43:34
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2007 :  16:55:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And here I thought I was atleast quasi-original.... /cry

Well, there is a certain (and obvious) irony in the fact that we only have about 1/10th the nuke power we should have, due mainly to overwhelming pressure from the environmentalist groups. Instead we use coal.

I was living in Germany when Chernobyl melted down. The Germans, very "green" politics there, were pissed... because Russia hadn't upgraded to safe and more modern reactors and decomissioned the decrepit ones. There was almost no mention in Europe of stopping the construction of nuclear plants in western countries.

I swear the US is retarded somedays.

-- Thomas Jefferson

Hope, n.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2007 :  22:00:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's both funny, and contains a germ of truth. I believe many environmentalists have reversed or are now reassessing their opposition to fission power in light of MMGW.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Edited by - HalfMooner on 05/22/2007 22:00:36
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2007 :  00:45:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by HalfMooner

It's both funny, and contains a germ of truth. I believe many environmentalists have reversed or are now reassessing their opposition to fission power in light of MMGW.

Knowing what I know now, I certainly have.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds.