Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Forums | Active Topics | Active Polls | Register | FAQ | Contact Us  
  Connect: Chat | SFN Messenger | Buddy List | Members
Personalize: Profile | My Page | Forum Bookmarks  
 All Forums
 Our Skeptic Forums
 Conspiracy Theories
 You conspiricy guys should be all over this.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2007 :  05:20:56  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And I'm pretty damned interested myself.
Scientists Cast Doubt on Kennedy Bullet Analysis
Multiple Shooters Possible, Study Says

By John Solomon
Washington Post Staff Writer
Thursday, May 17, 2007; Page A03

In a collision of 21st-century science and decades-old conspiracy theories, a research team that includes a former top FBI scientist is challenging the bullet analysis used by the government to conclude that Lee Harvey Oswald alone shot the two bullets that struck and killed President John F. Kennedy in 1963.

The "evidence used to rule out a second assassin is fundamentally flawed," concludes a new article in the Annals of Applied Statistics written by former FBI lab metallurgist William A. Tobin and Texas A&M University researchers Cliff Spiegelman and William D. James.
I suppose it'll be a while before we'll hear more, but i'm looking forward to it. JFK's murder has always smelled fishy and the Warren Report was far from a work of excellence.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2007 :  05:59:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I always thought that Posner's Case Closed made the most compelling case against the various CIA/Castro/Mafia/Etc. arguments for an assassination conspiracy.
Go to Top of Page

JEROME DA GNOME
BANNED

2418 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2007 :  06:18:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send JEROME DA GNOME a Private Message  Reply with Quote
E Howard Hunt,CIA employee of Watergate fame, has admitted to involvement and execution of LBJs plan of assassination.

What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way. - Bertrand Russell
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2007 :  07:33:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by JEROME DA GNOME

E Howard Hunt,CIA employee of Watergate fame, has admitted to involvement and execution of LBJs plan of assassination.
Reference, please.

JEROME, haven't you figured out yet that unsupported statements are worthless here? I too, have heard this, but then, I've heard a lot of things concerning the assination; few if any of them of any account, and all with little foundation.

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

JEROME DA GNOME
BANNED

2418 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2007 :  08:14:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send JEROME DA GNOME a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Filthy---Sorry

link

edited to fix link --Cune

What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way. - Bertrand Russell
Edited by - Cuneiformist on 05/17/2007 10:19:24
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2007 :  09:29:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Edited to remove oversized link.

Look, when you have a long link, use this site to shrink it down.
Welcome to TinyURL!™
Are you sick of posting URLs in emails only to have it break when sent causing the recipient to have to cut and paste it back together? Then you've come to the right place. By entering in a URL in the text field below, we will create a tiny URL that will not break in email postings and never expires.

Enter a long URL to make tiny:

An example
Turn this URL:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?ovi=1&mqma
p.x=300&mqmap.y=75&mapdata=%252bKZmeiIh6N%252bI
gpXRP3bylMaN0O4z8OOUkZWYe7NRH6ldDN96YFTIUmSH3Q6
OzE5XVqcuc5zb%252fY5wy1MZwTnT2pu%252bNMjOjsHjvN
lygTRMzqazPStrN%252f1YzA0oWEWLwkHdhVHeG9sG6cMrf
XNJKHY6fML4o6Nb0SeQm75ET9jAjKelrmqBCNta%252bsKC
9n8jslz%252fo188N4g3BvAJYuzx8J8r%252f1fPFWkPYg%
252bT9Su5KoQ9YpNSj%252bmo0h0aEK%252bofj3f6vCP
into this tinyURL:

http://tinyurl.com/6

Which one would you rather cut and paste into your browser? That's the power of TinyURL!
That way the post and it's thread will fit into the screen and we don't have to shuffle it back and forth to read it. 'K?

That's a bit longer an article than I have time for at the moment. I'll get back to it. However, I'll remark that the 'Stone has done several on the Kennedy assination over the years.

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 05/17/2007 13:31:35
Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2007 :  10:58:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by JEROME DA GNOME

And by "admitted" you mean "tossed out unsubstantiated claims" (as already noted in the article you cited) that lack any credibility and that no one takes seriously.

If Rolling Stone featured a story on some guy who used to work at Area-51, I assume you'd then claim that it's proof of UFO's?
Go to Top of Page

j911ob
Skeptic Friend

223 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2007 :  11:39:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send j911ob a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would advise anyone to watch the 9 part series "The men who killed Kennedy". The last episode especially, including the fingerprint evidence, absolutely points the finger at LBJ. Thats why it was banned from TV.

"Any pressurized can exposed to heat will explode like a grenade. Even a sealed bag of potato chips, if not melted by direct flame, can 'pop' with quite a report." - Kookbreaker at JREF, responding to reports of explosions in the towers.
Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2007 :  11:46:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by j911ob

I would advise anyone to watch the 9 part series "The men who killed Kennedy". The last episode especially, including the fingerprint evidence, absolutely points the finger at LBJ. Thats why it was banned from TV.
It wasn't banned, the History Channel opted not to show it because of the threat of a lawsuit. (That happens when you throw out claims like "you had a hand in killing the President" and can't back it up with any real evidence.)
Go to Top of Page

j911ob
Skeptic Friend

223 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2007 :  12:37:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send j911ob a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Cuneiformist

It wasn't banned, the History Channel opted not to show it because of the threat of a lawsuit. (That happens when you throw out claims like "you had a hand in killing the President" and can't back it up with any real evidence.)

Care to address the fingerprint evidence or will you just split hairs over why it wasnt shown?

"Any pressurized can exposed to heat will explode like a grenade. Even a sealed bag of potato chips, if not melted by direct flame, can 'pop' with quite a report." - Kookbreaker at JREF, responding to reports of explosions in the towers.
Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2007 :  12:54:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Originally posted by Cuneiformist

Care to address the fingerprint evidence or will you just split hairs over why it wasnt shown?
You're the one who sensationalized the issue. I was simply clarifying that there was no attempt to suppress information out of fear of exposure; rather, the History Channel opted not to show it for legal reasons.

As for discussing the evidence-- I haven't seen the show and so have no idea what you're talking about.

ETA: If this is the fingerprint evidence you're talking about, I'd say it's laughable.
Edited by - Cuneiformist on 05/17/2007 13:03:35
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2007 :  13:37:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Am not cursed with cable, so I won't see it. Assuming that they show it sometime.

Me, I dunno. I think I'll wait and see rather than speculate. Evidently, what they currently have is some disparity in bullet metal chemestry. Interesting certainly, but not conclusive.

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

JEROME DA GNOME
BANNED

2418 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2007 :  18:16:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send JEROME DA GNOME a Private Message  Reply with Quote
filthy---Thanks for the link, I will make good use of it.

Cuneiformist---"I assume you'd then claim that it's proof of UFO's?"

I did not say this is true; I stated his claim.

I thought it would add to the topic.

Go to Top of Page

j911ob
Skeptic Friend

223 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2007 :  18:26:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send j911ob a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The fact is that a single fingerprint was found in the snipers nest in the book depository. This print was never matched to anyone. Then one of the leading fingerprint experts in a BLIND test matched it to one of LBJs henchmen who had already been convicted of a murder that LBJ had been implicated in. Case closed.

Go to Top of Page

JEROME DA GNOME
BANNED

2418 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2007 :  18:41:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send JEROME DA GNOME a Private Message  Reply with Quote
j911ob--- Your statement would hold more water if you had the name of " LBJs henchmen".

Without this name or a link this is nothing.

Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2007 :  18:47:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message  Reply with Quote

The fact is that a single fingerprint was found in the snipers nest in the book depository. This print was never matched to anyone. Then one of the leading fingerprint experts in a BLIND test matched it to one of LBJs henchmen who had already been convicted of a murder that LBJ had been implicated in. Case closed.
Again, my admittedly brief internet searching has found the above to be a rather overly-rosy summary of the situation. First off, the print in question is poorly preserved at best. Moreover, your assertion that it could be unequivocally matched to a person is dubious. Moreover, if it could be linked to an actual person, that person's connections to LBJ are circumspect.

I admit-- my investigation has been entirely based on web-surfing, and so lacks any real merit. However, it's clear that your "case closed" is really nothing more than "wishful thinking." Were it more compelling, actual authorities would no doubt be on the case; instead, it's the fodder for conspiracy websites.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.77 seconds.