Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Forums | Active Topics | Active Polls | Register | FAQ | Contact Us  
  Connect: Chat | SFN Messenger | Buddy List | Members
Personalize: Profile | My Page | Forum Bookmarks  
 All Forums
 Community Forums
 General Discussion
 Hey Poland; hadn't you heard; Fawell is DEAD!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2007 :  12:37:11  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And the hateful, ol' bastard ain't comin' back....

But his legacy of slime lives on; Tinky Winky is still gay in Poland, it would seem.
Poland to probe if Teletubbies are gay
Reuters
Monday, May 28, 2007; 1:20 PM

WARSAW (Reuters) - Poland's conservative government took its drive to curb what it sees as homosexual propaganda to the small screen on Monday, taking aim at Tinky Winky and the other Teletubbies.

Ewa Sowinska, government-appointed children rights watchdog, told a local magazine published on Monday she was concerned the popular BBC children's show promoted homosexuality.

She said she would ask psychologists to advise if this was the case.

In comments reminiscent of criticism by the late U.S. evangelist Jerry Falwell, she was quoted as saying: "I noticed (Tinky Winky) has a lady's purse, but I didn't realize he's a boy."

"At first I thought the purse would be a burden for this Teletubby ... Later I learned that this may have a homosexual undertone."
Maybe I shoulda put this in humor, but the commentary upon the Polish government is just too sad.

On the other hand, it concievably might spawn a whole new generation of polak jokes.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

JEROME DA GNOME
BANNED

2418 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2007 :  20:20:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send JEROME DA GNOME a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tinky Winky---My favorite tele-tubbie

What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way. - Bertrand Russell
Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2007 :  01:24:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Do these idiots have no clue what children's programing should look like? Did anyone ever scrutinize Mr Rogers or Captain Kangaroo for their level of 'gayness'?

Unbelievable.

Go to Top of Page

Hawks
SFN Regular

Canada
1383 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2007 :  02:12:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Hawks's Homepage Send Hawks a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In comments reminiscent of criticism by the late U.S. evangelist Jerry Falwell, she was quoted as saying: "I noticed (Tinky Winky) has a lady's purse, but I didn't realize he's a boy."

I can't see any evidence that any of the teletubbies have any sexual appendages what-so-ever. How do you sex them?

METHINKS IT IS LIKE A WEASEL
It's a small, off-duty czechoslovakian traffic warden!
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2007 :  05:12:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Hawks

I can't see any evidence that any of the teletubbies have any sexual appendages what-so-ever. How do you sex them?
Probably with probes, like with a reptile. The only problem is finding the cloaca.

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2007 :  05:22:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by filthy
Probably with probes, like with a reptile. The only problem is finding the cloaca.
You could have said "Probably with probes, like the reptile(men) do (to human abductees)"

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2007 :  05:37:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
WTF do they expect, they dont have any pockets! Plus he's probably just holding it for those lazy lady-tubbies.

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2007 :  05:54:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is pathetic. "Pollack" jokes to the contrary, this is the land of great scientists such as Witelo, Copernicus, Strus and Heweliusz. Dr. Mabuse, the Poles are your European neighbors. Please give 'em a holler across the Baltic and remind them of their intellectual heritage.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Edited by - HalfMooner on 05/29/2007 05:55:55
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2007 :  06:56:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How many Polaks does it take to probe a Teletubby?

I don't know either, but we're sure to find out soon.

I got off the first one!!

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1888 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2007 :  20:10:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by beskeptigal

Do these idiots have no clue what children's programing should look like? Did anyone ever scrutinize Mr Rogers or Captain Kangaroo for their level of 'gayness'?
Captain Kangaroo? Gay? Well that just might explain the overly enthusiastic Tom Terrific and his faithful companion Mighty Manfred.

Life is good

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Anonymous
Go to Top of Page

Hawks
SFN Regular

Canada
1383 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2007 :  14:53:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Hawks's Homepage Send Hawks a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Most super-heroes must be gay. They do wear spandex after all. And they tend to come in male pairs.

Go to Top of Page

Hawks
SFN Regular

Canada
1383 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2007 :  17:58:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Hawks's Homepage Send Hawks a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Apparently, Sowinska is no longer considering the tele-tubbies to be encouraging homosexuality (according to the swedish newspaper aftonbladet). The newspaper claims that she changed her mind after consulting with a sex-expert who said that the tele-tubbies have no negative psychological impact on children.

What remains to be seen, obviously, is if crappy statements from leading politicians can have a negative impact on adults or children.

Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2007 :  01:56:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And of course, "Dr James Dobson is not gay" when he recommends showing his son his manhood in the shower.
Showering with your son is a tactic to prevent gayness, everyone knows this.

I thought it was common knowledge that taking your young son into the shower with you is one of the best ways to prevent the malleable little tyke from becoming a homosexual. As Dr. Dobson informs us, you need to show your son that you, Dad, also have a penis. Of course, being the perfect father, I did not have to rely on Dr. Dobson to tell me this, I already knew. It is nice to know, however, that the esteemed non-gay straight man Dr. James “Homo-destroyer” Dobson is on the right track. Now that we have cleared Dr. Dobson of these nefarious allegations, allow me to expand upon his message.

My wife took some convincing.....
(The site is a crack up, BTW.)
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2007 :  02:32:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by beskeptigal

And of course, "Dr James Dobson is not gay" when he recommends showing his son his manhood in the shower.
Showering with your son is a tactic to prevent gayness, everyone knows this.

I thought it was common knowledge that taking your young son into the shower with you is one of the best ways to prevent the malleable little tyke from becoming a homosexual. As Dr. Dobson informs us, you need to show your son that you, Dad, also have a penis. Of course, being the perfect father, I did not have to rely on Dr. Dobson to tell me this, I already knew. It is nice to know, however, that the esteemed non-gay straight man Dr. James “Homo-destroyer” Dobson is on the right track. Now that we have cleared Dr. Dobson of these nefarious allegations, allow me to expand upon his message.

My wife took some convincing.....
(The site is a crack up, BTW.)
That site is indeed a hoot. I highly recommend it! Heh, I've been calling Dobson a sick pervert for some years now, and Herman & Friends are tarred with the same brush. [monkeyfuck smiley]

That's who the real faggots are, you know: those who are fixated upon someone else's consensual love life almost to the exclusion of their own.

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds.