Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2007 :  07:04:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by filthy

I'm looking forward to The Amazing One's take on it. He'll likely mention it next week.

Unless these turkeys have managed to come up with new laws of physics, the results of their demonstration are entirely predictable: nothing, and should there be something, it'll be fraudulent.
To be honest, I see no cheating whatesoever, and no any way cheating could be done. The Orbo being demonstrated is literally transparent, so that people can see there are no hidden power wires.
And that, friend 'Mooner, is the first, tentitive sign of a flim-flam, especally if it concerns the fantastic. The all-important appearence of innocence.

I gotta sawbuck sez it's a bust. Anybody want it?

Well, to be honest, I was pretending innocence myself, as a rhetorical buildup for reporting the singular lack of motion in this perpetual motion machine. It really was cool to look at these still-life images, as people walked about in the background. Then, suddenly, all four cameras went dead, and I soon found the sad announcement of the closure of the exhibit. Breakthrough scientific nonhistory in the making, and I was there!

If I ran Steorn, I'd keep their Kinetica exhibit open. I would simply tell the world that Orbo doesn't move: It revolves the universe about itself.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2007 :  07:17:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Somehow, the predictable non-movement of the Orbo reminds me of a childhood event. My mother had prepared a meal, and my little brother was still playing outside. For once, she decided not to call him for dinner, but to instead let his appetite be his guide. The rest of us sat down and began to eat. After a few minutes, my brother came in and looked accusingly at my mother.

"I heard you not calling me," he pouted.

Well, folks, today I saw Steorn not breaking the Laws of Thermodynamics.

Edited by - HalfMooner on 07/06/2007 07:30:36
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2007 :  07:53:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by HalfMooner

Originally posted by filthy

I'm looking forward to The Amazing One's take on it. He'll likely mention it next week.

Unless these turkeys have managed to come up with new laws of physics, the results of their demonstration are entirely predictable: nothing, and should there be something, it'll be fraudulent.
To be honest, I see no cheating whatesoever, and no any way cheating could be done. The Orbo being demonstrated is literally transparent, so that people can see there are no hidden power wires.
And that, friend 'Mooner, is the first, tentitive sign of a flim-flam, especally if it concerns the fantastic. The all-important appearence of innocence.

I gotta sawbuck sez it's a bust. Anybody want it?

Well, to be honest, I was pretending innocence myself, as a rhetorical buildup for reporting the singular lack of motion in this perpetual motion machine. It really was cool to look at these still-life images, as people walked about in the background. Then, suddenly, all four cameras went dead, and I soon found the sad announcement of the closure of the exhibit. Breakthrough scientific nonhistory in the making, and I was there!

If I ran Steorn, I'd keep their Kinetica exhibit open. I would simply tell the world that Orbo doesn't move: It revolves the universe about itself.

Ah, another Futurama addict, I see.

I must admit to a sadistic and slightly guilty pleasure whenever one of these things come along. They are such easy targets for all sorts of verbal mayhem that it is imposible to resist beating them to bloody rags.

But the believers in claptrap ever remain among us -- that ten-spot's still up for grabs folks, if anyone wants it. And unlike that PiPs fellow, I'll shoot off a paypal if I lose. And I'll expect to recieve the same when if I win.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2007 :  03:43:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's a video of Steorn's CSO (Chief Scamming Officer) Sean McCarthy, sweating and almost stammering as he attempts to use his remaining Blarney skills to explain the Orbo's failure to the press.

McCarthy has a lot of 'splaining to do. And he'll need to do a better job of it, when his investors take him to court. Somehow, I have a hard time sympathizing with those investors, though. After all, in their greed they were knowing co-conspirators with Steorn to break the most fundamental laws of the cosmos.

Edited by - HalfMooner on 07/07/2007 04:14:54
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds.