Shirley Maclaine & Kevin Ryerson
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 17

Gary 7

28 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  03:54:29  Show Profile Send Gary 7 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Being an active investigator looking into the competence of well-known channelers and psychics I came across the work of Brianstalin.
His findings on the Sherrie Lea Laird/Marilyn Monroe case can be found here.

http://sherrielealairdmarilynmonroe.blogspot.com/

http://greatreincarnationdebatesindex.blogspot.com/

Here is part of his research on soul groups.

Robert Morris
Shirley MacLaine is identified in Revolutionaries as the reincarnation of Robert Morris, the "Financier of the Revolution" and a Signer of the Declaration of Independence. In an impromptu appearance, Walter was invited on-stage by Ms. MacLaine at her seminar entitled, "The Artist Within," at the Academy of Art College, San Francisco, on October 26, 2003. A three-way dialogue ensued between Ms. MacLaine, her audience of approximately 300 people and Walter, which lasted for well over an hour. Reincarnation, Walter's book and Ms. MacLaine's past life case as Robert Morris, were topics of discussion.
http://www.johnadams.net/

I maintain that Robert Morris has a much closer connection with Steven Seagal.

The fact that I do not agree with Dr Semkiw or with Ahtun Re- the entity that speaks through Kevin Ryerson (Ryerson confirms all of Dr Semkiw's matches) is not much of a surprise.

The information obtained from deep trance states i.e. from hypnotherapy and deep trance channeling is unsatisfactory, because of suggestion by the therapist (programmer?) and the Lower Astral entities of the Astral Plane (who have a vested interest in keeping humanity in a state of ignorance).

Brin writes:
I believe Shirley Maclaine has a far closer connection to Princess Charlotte Augusta of Wales, Queen Victoria's mother.

King George III's eldest son, the Prince of Wales and future King George IV, had only one child, the Princess Charlotte Augusta of Wales. When she died in 1817 the remaining unmarried sons of King George III scrambled to marry and father children to guarantee the line of succession.

Thus it was that, at the age of fifty, Edward, the Duke of Kent and Strathearn, the fourth son of George III, married Princess Victoria of Saxe-Coburg-Saalfeld. And in Kensington Palace, London on 24 May 1819, the only child of the couple, Victoria, was born.

It seems Jack Nicholson has some connection with Queen Victoria's father.

Further members of the soul group include Charles Dance as Richard William Church...

...and Bella Azbug as Elizabeth Fry.

Consequently Kevin Ryerson gets a very low competency score for past life work.

http://brianstalinsnotebook1.blogspot.com/

Edited by - Gary 7 on 07/22/2007 06:26:30

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  12:31:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Honestly, I can't tell if you are being funny or if you are being serious.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  15:23:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Neither can I, and that is why I dared not reply earlier. I didn't want to look as though I've been sucked in by a spoof, hoisted on my very own type of petard, as it were. But looking over the above, and the linked page, I see no clear sign that it is intended as humor (aside from it being occasionally hilarious). Gary7 may indeed be positing past lives of celebrities, based upon physical resemblances. (Some of these are remarkable, BTW!)

I didn't know that was the way reincarnation was supposed to work. Must be some kind of spiritual genetics at work. I wonder if the spirit world also has it's own corresponding form of evolution, too?

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

Original_Intent
SFN Regular

USA
609 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2007 :  06:10:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Original_Intent a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Did you know that George Bush, Collin Powell, and John Kerry are all descendents of Longshanks?
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2007 :  13:38:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I feel sorry for John Kerry.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Gary 7

28 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2007 :  06:25:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gary 7 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dude

Originally posted by Dude

Is Sherrie Lea Laird the reincarnation of Marilyn Monroe? The answer is a resounding NO, but there is a close past life connection according to past life guru/expert brianstalin.
Brianstalin disagrees with many of the well-known psychics and hypnotherapists. He has publicly challenged them and has even been banned from SM.Com.

As for famous psychics and past life therapists they seem to have an agenda of their own which has little to do with truth, but about more wordly things.

People thought the effeminate cream cake eating junkie, Adolf Hitler with his comical moustache quite a joke, but they write about him quite seriously in history books.

Brianstalin's point is that humanity is clueless about what objective truth is and how to test or check it. That's why we are in danger from the self-proclaimed "experts" who may have fascist tendencies and dark agendas.

Hitler heard voices in his head and thought he was a kind of Joan of Arc - the saviour of Germany. The New Age supports such foolishness.

Memories are not always accurate even within the same lifetime.
Memories may not be such a great help. Perhaps memories are more of a hindrance, actually? I know people who are using pendulums and other more objective methods to get at past life information.

The Buddha could "remember" thousands of his past lives and taught some of his disciples how to read some of their own past lives and the past lives of others. They could "remember" quite a vast number, apparently. I would think that memory would not be enough to cope with that. But, I'm just speculating.

Memories, dreams and thoughts seem to lie in the realms of our lower minds, whereas past life knowledge (that is generally hidden from us) belongs to the realms of our higher minds (superconsciousness), which few can reach.

The Akashic Records

The word "Akashic" is derived from the Sanskrit word "Akasha, meaning "sky" or "ether". The Akashic records is like the Universe's super computer system, and acts as the central storehouse of all information for every soul since the dawn of Creation. It is a complete and thorough record of everything that has ever occurred, including thoughts, feelings, every deed, word, and intent of every individual, all through time. These records connect all consciousness, and every human supposedly contributes and has access to these Records. Akashic records exist in the Astral realm. And if you are experienced enough in the field of Astral Projection, you can tune into the frequencies of the Akashic Records and view the past and the probabilities of the future.

http://www.astralprojectnow.com/akashicrecords.shtml

Some people state uncategorically that the Akashic Records lie on the Astral Planes, some say on the Mental Planes and some say the Causal planes and some even say they lie within the subconscious mind. Some are insisting they even connect with the physical body in some way.

"The Akashic Records figure prominently in the transcribed discourses of Edgar Cayce, "the Sleeping Prophet" and seem to have first been postulated by the Theosophists. They are said to hold the entire contents of historical events as a kind of cosmic Tivo or Internet Archives. In Seeds of Heaven the concept is used as
Edited by - Gary 7 on 07/20/2007 06:28:13
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2007 :  07:01:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Gary 7

I know people who are using pendulums and other more objective methods to get at past life information.
How is this alleged objectivity being measured?
Summary Of Factors Affecting The Reliability Of A Cayce Reading

To conclude Part 1, here is a brief summary of several main points that bear upon the reliability of the Cayce readings.

Personal factors that could have adversely affected Cayce's psychic abilities when he was giving a reading:

Any sub-par physical, mental, or spiritual condition of Cayce at the time of a reading.

Any unwillingness on Cayce's part to submit to the suggestion given.

Cayce being “deflected,” or turned aside by others.

Factors related to the conductor of a reading that resulted in diminished quality of the information obtained:

Suggestions that were given which were not in accord with the mind of the conductor. [In such a case, the information obtained from Cayce was “shaded” to some degree by the mind of the conductor.]

The male or female conductor of the reading lacked a sufficient amount of “negative polarity” to balance Cayce's strong positive polarity, so as to obtain “the truer, better information.”

The presence of any question in the mind of the conductor.
Note that none of the factors listed is "Cayce was full of crap," which is what my own research suggests. How is any of the above qaulitatively different from Christian apologetics and/or the excuses of the New Agers for their failures?

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Gary 7

28 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2007 :  07:57:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gary 7 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

I know people who are using pendulums and other more objective methods to get at past life information.
How is this alleged objectivity being measured?
Summary Of Factors Affecting The Reliability Of A Cayce Reading

To conclude Part 1, here is a brief summary of several main points that bear upon the reliability of the Cayce readings.

Personal factors that could have adversely affected Cayce's psychic abilities when he was giving a reading:

Any sub-par physical, mental, or spiritual condition of Cayce at the time of a reading.

Any unwillingness on Cayce's part to submit to the suggestion given.

Cayce being “deflected,” or turned aside by others.

Factors related to the conductor of a reading that resulted in diminished quality of the information obtained:

Suggestions that were given which were not in accord with the mind of the conductor. [In such a case, the information obtained from Cayce was “shaded” to some degree by the mind of the conductor.]

The male or female conductor of the reading lacked a sufficient amount of “negative polarity” to balance Cayce's strong positive polarity, so as to obtain “the truer, better information.”

The presence of any question in the mind of the conductor.
Note that none of the factors listed is "Cayce was full of crap," which is what my own research suggests. How is any of the above qaulitatively different from Christian apologetics and/or the excuses of the New Agers for their failures?

Cayce was not New Age, unlike Helena Bavatsky, Aleister Crowley, Adolf Hitler and that dark crowd.

Cayce's psychic impressions were,on the whole, very inaccurate, but he succeeded in helping people to a certain extent.

Unfortunately very speculative past life information is entering the media to boost the reputaions of New Age Prophets - this is not what past life knowledge is for.

See David Wilcock who does insist he is Edgar Cayce reincarnated.
Brianstalin sees him as Rasputin up to his old tricks.
http://brianstalinsnotebook1.blogspot.com/
Other psychics are being told they are reincarnated saints and American presidents etc.
Shirley Maclaine likes the idea of being Charlemagne's lover.
David Icke would have a lot to say about that, Satanic bloodlines and New World Order/Fascist politics etc.

Objective past life matches are possible with dowsing see
http://pastliferegression1.blogspot.com/
Large group testing of dowsers is something to consider in the future.
Reincarnation is still just a joke to most of us.

Few people understand how past life information can heal.
Ascertainng close matches and exact matches (if u believe in that stuff) takes a lot of skill and training and complete objectivity.

http://nostradamusmystery.blogspot.com/
See brianstalin's assessment of the Hans Christian King case.

Would u want to be Nostradamus of just his buddy,for instance?

Quite honestly can you personally tell bogus psychic or non-psychic data from manipulative horse manure?

Very few people can in my opinion can or even see the need to and are s
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2007 :  09:28:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Cayce was not New Age...
Yes, I was asking how apologetics for his failures differ from apologetics for New Age spiritualists' failures.
Cayce's psychic impressions were,on the whole, very inaccurate, but he succeeded in helping people to a certain extent.
I've heard the same said about Sylvia Browne. Generally, I think there are better - more successful and less costly - ways of helping people.
The one instance of the word "dowsing" on that page is only the assertion that "Past life information can be checked by pendulum dowsing." I see no reason to trust brianstalin's accuracy any more than I'd trust Cayce's. And way back in the day, I did pendulum dowsing, until I realized it was as accurate as coin flipping.
Ascertainng close matches and exact matches (if u believe in that stuff) takes a lot of skill and training and complete objectivity.
Actually, it takes confirmation bias and an assumption that reincarnation happens.
Quite honestly can you personally tell bogus psychic or non-psychic data from manipulative horse manure?
I can't tell non-bogus psychic data from horse manure, either (mostly because I've never seen non-bogus psychic data, that I'm aware of).

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2007 :  09:41:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So besides the slight resemblence of some people to dead rich people, what if anything shows that there is any connection between any of them?

No, wait. This is just beyond moronic I dont need an answer to that.

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Go to Top of Page

GeeMack
SFN Regular

USA
1093 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2007 :  10:00:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send GeeMack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Gary 7...

Unfortunately very speculative past life information is entering the media to boost the reputaions of New Age Prophets - this is not what past life knowledge is for.
There is no legitimate evidence of any such "past life information", therefore the concern that any of it might be speculative or have a purpose is moot. It will be moot until someone demonstrates, scientifically, that "past life information" or "past life knowledge" actually exists.
Objective past life matches are possible with dowsing [...]
No, they aren't. There is no scientific support to the idea that past lives exist or that dowsing provides any genuine information. Given the lack of evidence, certainly no objective "past life matches" are possible with dowsing.
Reincarnation is still just a joke to most of us.
You might just be on to something there.
Few people understand how past life information can heal.
I'd venture to guess, given the aforementioned lack of evidence substantiating "past life information", nobody understands how past life information can heal.
Within your comment you've included the qualifier of believing in supernatural phenomena. Obviously you misunderstand the term "objectivity".
Quite honestly there is a total lack of evidence that any "psychic data" is anything other than bogus. Could it be that people who believe in such things are themselves victims of manipulative horse manure?
Very few people can in my opinion can or even see the need to [...]
Agreed.
[...] and are sometimes caught up in mindless egoistic debates.
As in this effort on your part to post these comments in this forum, for example?
Go to Top of Page

Gary 7

28 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2007 :  10:10:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gary 7 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by BigPapaSmurf

So besides the slight resemblence of some people to dead rich people, what if anything shows that there is any connection between any of them?

No, wait. This is just beyond moronic I dont need an answer to that.

Absolutely nothing. Except dowsing is a form of channeling hidden information. It is an experience.

How do we verify the information?
Many "experts" don't even consider doing that!!!!

Self-development helps,of course. Psychic workshops might benefit some people, but the basis of accurate psychic insight is long hours of meditation.

Many well-known and famous psychics cannot grasp the fundamentals of Metaphysics, but they seem to have a great instinct for manipulation and mind control.

Kundalini energy rising up the spine has been taught in the East for a very long time.

A long and difficult process.
But you have to believe in that stuff to try it, right?
Wrong! Be more open-minded!

It all boils down to a willingness to widen the human experience.

Edited by - Gary 7 on 07/20/2007 10:12:22
Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2007 :  10:19:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So you just make shit up as you go along, got it.

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Go to Top of Page

Gary 7

28 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2007 :  10:21:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gary 7 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

Cayce was not New Age...
Yes, I was asking how apologetics for his failures differ from apologetics for New Age spiritualists' failures.
I've heard the same said about Sylvia Browne. Generally, I think there are better - more successful and less costly - ways of helping people.
The one instance of the word "dowsing" on that page is only the assertion that "Past life information can be checked by pendulum dowsing." I see no reason to trust brianstalin's accuracy any more than I'd trust Cayce's. And way back in the day, I did pendulum dowsing, until I realized it was as accurate as coin flipping.
Actually, it takes confirmation bias and an assumption that reincarnation happens.
I can't tell non-bogus psychic data from horse manure, either (mostly because I've never seen non-bogus psychic data, that I'm aware of).

All I know is that we don't need to believe in things first in order to experience and test them. That is the meaning of objectivity.
As for trusting what other people say - don't do it.
Don't dwell in ignorance, either, because you are vulnerable to manipulation.
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2007 :  10:50:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
But you have to believe in that stuff to try it, right?
Wrong! Be more open-minded!

It all boils down to a willingness to widen the human experience.
Without an understanding of the biases which color personal experiences, those experiences are essentially worthless. If you try something and find that it "works," you are more than likely simply falling victim to the pragmatic fallacy. Naive believers often assume skeptics are just being close-minded, when in fact it is the skeptics who possess a greater understanding of the phenomena at play and a more open-minded consideration of various possible explanations.

I suggest you read Robert Todd Carroll's essay Evaluating Personal Experience.
Even well-educated, highly trained experts are subject to many perceptual, affective, and cognitive biases that lead us into error when evaluating personal experiences. (bolding mine)

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Edited by - H. Humbert on 07/20/2007 10:51:20
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2007 :  11:53:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

All I know is that we don't need to believe in things first in order to experience and test them.
No, but those things still have to be real, otherwise you're experiencing and testing a phantom.
That is the meaning of objectivity.
Only if you redefine "objectivity" to mean that.
As for trusting what other people say - don't do it.
Great! So I'll ask again: how are the "objective methods to get at past life information" being measured?
Don't dwell in ignorance, either, because you are vulnerable to manipulation.
Way ahead of you, there.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 17 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.69 seconds.