New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 16

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2007 :  11:41:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message
Boundless ignorance at its finest, I cant believe you people are still responding to BS, he's 10,000 x the troll that Jerome is.

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Go to Top of Page

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2007 :  12:00:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message
Originally posted by BigPapaSmurf

Boundless ignorance at its finest, I cant believe you people are still responding to BS, he's 10,000 x the troll that Jerome is.

Care to refute the historical evidence for the reserection of Jesus Christ while making a case for Alexander the Great at the same time?

I claim to be an historian. My approach to Classics is historical. And I tell you that the evidence for the life, the death, and the resurrection of Christ is better authenticated than most of the facts of ancient history . . .

E. M. Blaiklock
Professor of Classics
Auckland University

If the New Testament were a collection of secular writings, their authenticity would generally be regarded as beyond all doubt.

F. F. Bruce
Manchester University

For the New Testament of Acts, the confirmation of historicity is overwhelming. Any attempt to reject its basic historicity, even in matters of detail, must now appear absurd. Roman historians have long taken it for granted.

A. N. Sherwin-White
Classical Roman Historian

"Lets get one thing clear, Bill. Science does make some assumptions." -perrodetokio-

"In the end as skeptics we must realize that there is no real knowledge, there is only what is most reasonable to believe." -Coelacanth-

The fact that humans do science is what causes errors in science. -Dave W.-

Edited by - Bill scott on 07/26/2007 12:02:16
Go to Top of Page

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2007 :  12:05:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message
Originally posted by BigPapaSmurf

I cant believe you people are still responding to BS

That's funny because you had 3 out of the last 4 posts that were not mine.

"Lets get one thing clear, Bill. Science does make some assumptions." -perrodetokio-

"In the end as skeptics we must realize that there is no real knowledge, there is only what is most reasonable to believe." -Coelacanth-

The fact that humans do science is what causes errors in science. -Dave W.-

Go to Top of Page

GeeMack
SFN Regular

USA
1093 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2007 :  12:15:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send GeeMack a Private Message
Originally posted by Bill scott...

Your use of the word magic clearly shows that you have comprehended zero % of my posts and the low levels of your maturity status. Magic would be the mechanism that produced the warm little pond, and the primordial earth to sustain the warm pond, and this magic also washes away the need for understanding the origin of this warm pond to begin with. Not to mention the magic used by random mutations to design the human brain with intent and forethought.
You just keep heaping on the proof that you don't understand biology, evolution, abiogenesis, or for that matter, pretty much anything at all about the science as it applies to those areas of study. If you choose to wallow in your delusion, in that world built around ancient mythology, that's certainly your prerogative. But when you enter a conversation about scientific things that are so far beyond your comprehension, you sure do make yourself look the fool, Bill.

Millions upon millions of grade school children get this stuff while you choose not to. The rest of the world is growing up without you, boy, because you don't have the courage to leave your little comfort zone of superstition, imaginary beings, and yes, magic. It's an act of willful ignorance on your part. Plain and simple willful ignorance.

Fortunately the people of the world will advance and continue to progress. Only a few hundred years ago nearly everyone fell for the kind of magical fantasy that taints your reality, Bill. Times change and people gain understanding. Always have. Always will. Science moves ahead and we continue to get a clearer view of the universe. Every day more and more people get it. So you clinging to superstitions of primitive cultures isn't going to hurt anything in the big picture. Your refusal to crawl out of that dark little hole of ignorance isn't going to stop the intelligent, aware people from moving ahead. But please, if you're going to refuse to join us, at least stay the hell out of the way.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2007 :  12:32:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Whoops.

[Sixteenth page of the topic. It's now closed. Anyone who would like to open a continuation may do so.]

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds.